LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:43 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but then you could make a viable(maybe) one minion strategy! it would be so cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:52 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Befouled Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot Smaug to choose one: stack a random site from your opponent’s adventure deck on your Shadow card; or discard a stacked site.
Fire leaped from thatched roofs and wooden beam-ends as he hurtled down and past and round again...
H2 C 142

Good stuff.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Flickering Fires Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot Smaug and discard a site stacked on your Shadow card to choose one: add 2; draw a card; or exert a companion.
Flames unquenchable sprang high into the night.
H2 C 154

Raise the cost to 1 (and maybe change the one option to adding 3 then).

Thranduil wrote:
0 Frightful Guardian Sauron
Event • Regroup
Spot Smaug and discard a site stacked on your Shadow card to choose one: add a burden; discard a condition; or discard a follower.
He was just about to step out... when he caught a sudden thin and piercing ray of red from under the dropping lid of Smaug’s left eye.
H2 R 155

Same comment here.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Dire Menace Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play Smaug from your draw deck or hand. His twilight cost is -4 and he is strength -6 until the end of the turn.
Smaug left his lair in silent stealth, quietly soared into the air, and then floated heavy and slow in the dark like a monstrous crow...
H2 R 149

I agree with SoP, actually, especially since his strength is so reduced. That WOULD be cool to be able to play Smaug and Smaug only if you wanted to. Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Thranduil wrote:
0 Dire Menace Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play Smaug from your draw deck or hand. His twilight cost is -4 and he is strength -6 until the end of the turn.
Smaug left his lair in silent stealth, quietly soared into the air, and then floated heavy and slow in the dark like a monstrous crow...
H2 R 149

I agree with SoP, actually, especially since his strength is so reduced. That WOULD be cool to be able to play Smaug and Smaug only if you wanted to. Twisted Evil

the people have spoken thran!
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:34 am
Sorry for not reviewing stuff much, but I’ll try to be a little more active on that.

Anyways, I can’t say anything much except for I agree with Dain on these.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:01 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

I think ’people’ may be a bit generous to some I can think of *cough SoP cough cough*! Razz

Nevertheless, changed as you guys so wisely suggested, but Smaug was never meant to be a 1-minion strategy. The Smaug from the first set worked well (unintentionally) with Gollum, but this Smaug is designed as a toolbox, hence those many-option cards.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Now we’re moving away from Smaug for a bit (though we will return to our fiery menace later) into the other half of the Sauron culture, which is the brood of Shelob herself. And while on the subject of Her Ladyship, here are some cross-culture cards:

2 Child of Ungoliant Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 7
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
To play, spot a Spider.
When you play this minion, you may reinforce a Gollum or Sauron token for each Locked character you can spot.
Suddenly he saw, too, that there were spiders huge and horrible sitting in the branches above him...
H2 C 144

3 Mirkwood Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Sauron or Gollum possession from your discard pile.
’We will eat you and leave your bones and skin hanging on a tree. Ugh!’
H2 R 158

1 • Cobwebs Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Spider.
Shadow: Play a Sauron or Gollum possession to add a Sauron token here.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this card to Lock a companion skirmishing a Spider.
... dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H2 C 146

For some Gollum and Sauron possessions, check out my Gollum thread here and the Sauron cards from last set here.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm
Quote:
Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
When you play this minion, you may reinforce a Gollum or Sauron token for each Locked character you can spot.
Suddenly he saw, too, that there were spiders huge and horrible sitting in the branches above him...
H2 C 144

Well, now that I’ve seen this card, your remake of Web seems quite interesting! Did you intend for that combo?

Quote:
3 Mirkwood Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove a threat to play a Sauron or Gollum possession from your discard pile.
H2 R 158

Neat.

Quote:
1 • Cobwebs Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Spider.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this card to Lock a companion skirmishing a Spider.
H2 C 146

This one deserves to be rare more than the last card, I think. You could easily swap the rarities, IMO. Locking can be dead useful. Although... should there be some sort of limit on how long this locking lasts? I’m not too familiar with locking/unlocking, but I think you need to add "until the end of the skirmish" or "until the start of the regroup phase" or "until the end of the turn" or... something.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:46 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 144

Wow smart.

3 Mirkwood Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
H2 R 158

Having difficulty coming up with names? Razz Sweet card.

1 • Cobwebs Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 146

Wow nasty. Cool though.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

I think ’people’ may be a bit generous to some I can think of *cough SoP cough cough*! Razz
and dain! Wink and by agreeing with dain EL!

Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 144
cool!

3 Mirkwood Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
H2 R 158
mirkwood devourer sounds cooler...

1 • Cobwebs Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 146

maybe give freeps a way to prevent
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:54 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Well, now that I’ve seen this card, your remake of Web seems quite interesting! Did you intend for that combo?

Very much so. In fact, you’ll notice quite a few cards from the first set that Lock Spiders as part of their cost, and one condition which plays on a spider and Locks its bearer. Benefiting from Locked characters is a recurring theme in this set, as you will see shortly... Twisted Evil

lem0nhead wrote:
Having difficulty coming up with names?

Pretty much! Though the Spiders did get very angry! Razz

elf lvr wrote:
Although... should there be some sort of limit on how long this locking lasts? I’m not too familiar with locking/unlocking, but I think you need to add "until the end of the skirmish" or "until the start of the regroup phase" or "until the end of the turn" or... something.

It works just like all other bonuses: unless otherwise stated, it lasts until the end of the phase.

Thanks for all your reviews!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:10 pm
To illustrate EL’s keen observation:

1 • Long Threads Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Sauron or Gollum possession, you may exert X Spiders to make it’s twilight cost -X.
Shadow: Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to play a Gollum or Sauron possession from your discard pile.
... the spiders were beginning to weave their webs all round them again from tree to tree.
H2 U 157

4 Enraged Spider Sauron - this was me running out of titles, lem0n! Razz
Minion • Spider
Vit: 3
This minion is strength +1 for each Locked character you can spot.
The spiders swelled with rage, and spluttered and frothed, and hissed out horrible curses...
H2 C 152

2 Spluttering Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove a threat to add 1 for each Locked character you can spot. The Free Peoples player may discard one of their possessions or artifacts to prevent this.
’Dont hang ’em too long... They’re not as fat as they might be.’
H2 U 164

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards