LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:09 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the first of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Ring - 2
Dwarven - 58
Elven - 27
Gandalf - 38
Gollum - 21
Orc - 68
Sauron - 28
Shire - 36
White - 22

2 • Abominable Threads Sauron
Possession • Support Area
Each Spider is strength +1 for each Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing.
Regroup: Spot a Spider to transfer a possession from your support area to a companion. Discard all tokens and cards on that possession. Discard this possession.
The nastiest things they saw were the cobwebs: dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H1 R 215

0 Black Night Sauron
Event • Shadow
Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to reinforce 2 Sauron or Gollum tokens.
Bilbo tried flapping his hand in front of his nose, but he could not see it at all.
H1 C 216

1 Bulbous Eyes Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Make a Spider gain terror 1 (each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player exert 1 companion) until the regroup phase (or terror 2 if you can spot 6 companions).
And sometimes they would gleam down from the branched just above him, and that was most terrifying.
H1 U 217

1 Dim Shadows Sauron
Event • Response
This event’s twilight cost is -1 at a forest site.
If a special ability is used, spot 2 Spiders and remove a threat (or spot 6 companions) to Lock (the ability is cancelled) it until the end of the turn.
The entrance to the path was like a sort of arch leading to a gloomy tunnel...
H1 U 218

2 Evil Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 7
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
Shadow: Exert this minion or remove a threat to heal a Spider.
’Kill ’em, I say... kill ’em now and hang ’em dead for a while.’
H1 C 219

2 Fat-Bodied Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 6
Vit: 3
When you play this minion, you may discard a Sauron card from play to add 1 (or 3 if that card was a Spider).
It had thought of starting the feast while the others were away, but Mr Baggins was in a hurry.
H1 R 220

0 Froth and Rage Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. Then, you may exert it and remove 1 to add a threat.
’Now we see you, you nasty little creature!’
H1 U 221

2 Gathering Gloom Sauron
Event • Assignment
Remove a threat to assign a Sauron spider to an unbound companion. You may repeat this for each companion over 5.
It was not long before they grew to hate the forest as heartily as they had hated the tunnels of the goblins.
H1 R 222

2 Giant Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Spot another Sauron Spider and exert this minion to add a threat.
’Insect eyes,’ he thought, ’not animal eyes, only they are much too big.’
H1 U 223

2 • Huge and Horrible Sauron
Condition
Str: +3
Vit: +1
Bearer must be a Sauron spider.
Bearer is Locked (their game text is blank)
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot another Spider to add a threat. The Free Peoples player may Lock (cancel their game text) a companion until the regroup phase to prevent this.
He could only see the thing’s eyes, but he could feel its hairy legs...
H1 R 224

1 Hunting and Spinning Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Sauron Spider to exhaust a character bearing a Sauron possession.
With that he turned and found that the last space between two tall trees had been closed with a web...
H1 U 225

3 Mirkwood Ambusher Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove a threat and spot a Spider to play this minion from your discard pile.
The spiders had caught them pretty easily the night before, but that had been unawares and in the dark.
H1 R 226

3 Mirkwood Hunter Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make another Spider strength +2 (or +3 at a forest site).
... at once the whole lot of them came hurrying after the hobbit... hairy legs waving, nippers and spinners snapping, eyes popping, full of froth and rage.
H1 C 227

2 Mirkwood Scuttler Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove 2 threats and exert this minion to add 4.
... the creatures, whatever they were, were careful never to let their bodies show in the little flicker of the flames.
H1 C 228

1 Mirkwood Scuttler Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 5
To play, spot a Spider.
Shadow: Remove a threat to add 1 (or 2 if the current site is a forest).
Then the great spider, who had been busy tying him up while he dozed, came from behind him and came at him.
H1 C 229

4 Mirkwood Spinner Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Shadow: Spot another Sauron Spider and exert this minion to add 3. The Free Peoples player may add a threat to prevent this.
’Old fat spider spinning in a tree! / Old fat spider can’t see me!’
H1 C 230

2 Muffled Yelp Sauron
Event • Skirmish
This event’s twilight cost is -1 at a forest site.
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron Spider strength -1 and Lock (their game text is cancelled) him or her until the end of the turn.
But the cries of the others got steadily further and fainter...
H1 U 231

0 Now We See You! Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron Spider to make a Spider strength +2 (or +3 at a forest site).
’I am far more sweet than other meat, / But still they cannot find me!’
H1 C 232

0 Patch of Midnight Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot 2 Spiders to replace the current site with a forest site from your adventure deck.
... not what you call pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
H1 C 233

0 Quick As Lightning Sauron
Event • Shadow
Remove a threat to play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. You may then exert it to play a Sauron possession from your discard pile.
But there were still five dwarves hanging at the end of the branch when the spiders began to come back, more full of rage than ever.
H1 R 234

0 • Shadow of the Necromancer Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Sauron or Wraith card.
Shadow: Play a minion to add a threat. Discard this condition at the start of the maneuver phase.
’... and even you, Bilbo, won’t need me to tell you tales of that black sorceror.’
H1 R 235

14 • Smaug, Wicked Worm Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Str: 21
Vit: 5
Fierce. Damage +1. Winged. (This minion can only take 1 wound per phase)
At the end of the shadow phase, discard all other minions.
Archery: Exert Smaug to exert a companion.
There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon, fast asleep; a thrumming came from his jaws and nostrils, and whisps of smoke, but his fires were low in slumber.
H1 R 236

2 • Spider-Colony Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At a forest site, each Spider gains toil 1.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal a spider.
... he saw that it was made by spider-webs one behind and over and tangled with one another.
H1 U 237

1 Spider Venom Sauron
Skirmish: Transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer heals, you may add a threat.
... it was trying to poison him to keep him quiet, as small spiders do to flies...
H1 C 238

6 Spider Swarm Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 12
Vit: 3
Toil 1
Skirmish:
Remove a threat to Lock (cancel the game text) all characters in this skirmish until the regroup phase.
As quick as lightning they came running and swinging towards the hobbit, flinging out their long threads in all directions.
H1 U 239

1 Spider’s Web Sauron
Skirmish: Remove a threat to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Bearer is Locked. (their game text is cancelled)
It took him ages to get the beastly stuff out of his eyes and eybrows, and as for his beard, he had to cut most of it off.
H1 C 240

1 The Lost Path Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play a Spider to add a Sauron token here.
Regroup: Spot a Spider and remove 3 tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site.
’Good-bye! Be good, take care of yourselves - and DON’T LEAVE THE PATH!’
H1 U 241

0 • Waving Snares Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Sauron Spider.
Each time a spider is Locked, you may discard this condition to Lock a companion until the regroup phase.
... already some spiders were in the trees above them and throwing down their long clinging threads.
H1 U 242

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:14 pm; edited 15 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

12 • Smaug, Wicked Worm Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Fierce. Damage +1. Flyer. (This minion can only take 1 wound per phase)
There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon, fast asleep; a thrumming came from his jaws and nostrils, and whisps of smoke, but his fires were low in slumber.
H1 R 236
Thranduil

interesting. up his cost to 14 (see balrog)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

12 • Smaug, Wicked Worm Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Fierce. Damage +1. Flyer. (This minion can only take 1 wound per phase)
H1 R 236
Thranduil

interesting. up his cost to 14 (see balrog)

Agreed. I think then he’ll be balanced...barely.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 am
Now we’ll be leaving Smaug far behind and delving into the depths of Mirkwood with some gribbly spiders.

You may remember that the Dwarves of this set love adding threats for their cards and get stronger the more threats you have. Those of you that have read the Hobbit will also know that the spiders of Mirkwood would have completely slaughtered and eaten the Dwarves if not for Bilbo. Hence, the spiders also love threats, which can be a serious pain in the side of a Dwarven deck.

Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
Then the great spider, who had been busy tying him up while he dozed, came from behind him and came at him.
H1 C 229

2 Evil Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 C 219

2 Giant Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 U 223

Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove a threat and spot a Spider to play this minion from your discard pile.
The spiders had caught them pretty easily the night before, but that had been unawares and in the dark.
H1 R 226

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
menace64
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:13 pm
I’ll get to the spiders a bit later, but I’d like to suggest changing Flyer (sounds weird for a keyword) to Winged. It’s more Lotr-ish.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Now

Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
H1 C 229

Yeah i like this guy hes cool and useful.

2 Evil Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 C 219

Is that really of much use in the shadow phase?

2 Gaint Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 U 223

Fair enough.

Minion • Spider
H1 R 226

Awesome. Simple as.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Spider
To play, spot a Spider.
H1 C 229
make it when you play this minion you may remove...IMHO

2 Evil Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 C 219
works

2 Gaint Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 U 223
cool! but misspelled giant

Minion • Spider
H1 R 226

it works, but cut cost to 2
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:21 pm
menace64 wrote:
I’ll get to the spiders a bit later, but I’d like to suggest changing Flyer (sounds weird for a keyword) to Winged. It’s more Lotr-ish.

Okay, thanks - I’ll go with it. GP

I really think Mirkwood Ambusher has to be 3, otherwise it could be utterly lethal, but any other opinions on it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reviews so far. Anyone else?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 pm
winged does sound MUCH better.
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:52 pm
Let’s have a solid condition to develop the strategy and give lem0n another reason for healing spiders:

2 • Spider-Colony Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At a forest site, each Spider gains toil 1.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal a spider.
... he saw that it was made by spider-webs one behind and over and tangled with one another.
H1 U 237

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards