LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Pippin, In the Bloom of Health?

5 (best)  
66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:38 am

Pippin shares his subtitle and first line of text with Merry, discussed here.

Pippin’s maneuver ability, discarding two pipeweeds from play to remove a burden, didn’t seem all that useful to me at first glance. A Shire and Gandalf culture deck has access to far more efficient forms of burden removal. But it could still be useful to get out of a tight spot, and it gives your pipeweed cards a bit of extra versatility. Pippin’s maneuver ability also combos very well with Merry’s regroup ability, which moves pipeweed cards from your discard pile to the bottom of your draw deck. Draw them up for your last turn, and be immune to any further corruption attempts!
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:23 am
This Pippin is going in my deck. The cool thing is, no Ents or Pipeweed is in that deck; instead, I’ll use his first ability to play Ent Draught on Pip and Merry, so that I won’t need to include Quickbeam anymore. Decks using Everyone Knows got a great boost! Dancing
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I still don’t think that works, AC, but that’s something to discuss in Gameplay Questions.

I like this Pippin-and that’s a great combo with Merry!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Seen Nbardens oddball decks? put him and merry in your starting with almost all your entish friends. Its quite simple and very easy. And as an uncommon there will be quite a few of him around. But IMO his maneuver ability is (pardon the language) basically crap. I mean with all the different ways to remove burdens, why use 2 perfectly good pipeweed cards?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:52 pm
See Merry Thread.

Pippin, Merry and Farmer Maggot start tons of ents, and are tossed with Warmed up a Bit. The rule of 9 just got beat...welcome rule of 12!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
corvus
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:17 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
OMG, what a g@y picture of poor pippin. We applied it as a screensaver, and we re totally dissapointed. Not much to add here, Merry’s thread got all the credits, just a different not-so-good pipeweed ability.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion