LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Merry, In the Bloom of Health?

5 (best)  
66%
  [ 2 ]  66%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:25 am

Great new version of Merry, definitely the one to play in any Ent and/or Pipeweed deck.

A lot of the newer Ents have text like, "This companion is twilight cost -1 for each Ent you can spot." The phrase or unbound Hobbit is conspicuously missing. The first line of text on the new Merry (and Pippin) makes up for that deficiency, so for example you can start Merry, Pippin, and Quickbeam just like before. It also makes it much easier for companions like Ent Avenger, Shepherd of the Trees, and Leaflock, Finglas to gain their extra strength bonuses.

Merry, In the Bloom of Health’s regroup ability is pretty nice too. Put those already-smoked pipeweeds under your deck, to be shuffled back in by another card, or just to sit there for a very strong Free Peoples endgame. Do it as often as you want... a Hobbit surrounded by Ents surely won’t miss the vitality. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:44 pm
In my article oddball decks, (link in my sig), I use Merry anmd Pippin’s text to build a deck that starts 8 companions. (4 hobbits, including RB, and 4 ents.) The Hobbits are then discarded by warmed up a bit, and more Gandalf companions thrown in.

Needless to say, I love this card. I need at least one copy for my ent deck. Smile
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
A great card, although the lore is silly. It should have been something like "Welcome, my lords, to Isengard!"
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:47 pm
Interesting combo: use Merry to stick your used-weed under your deck, and then use Bilbo’s Pipe to circulate them throughout the deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:16 pm
actually, not. Pipeweed is not a tale.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:19 pm
I know - use Bilbo’s Pipe to shuffle tales into your draw deck, which shuffles your entire deck.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:27 pm
hm...Okay. that would work...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:37 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Great card but a spelling mistake cropped up Pippen instead of Pippin. While since I already commented on this duo in the Pippin thread, I have to say though, Merry’s text is probably better, and if you played a late saved from the fire, or aWinl, you could shuffle your draw deck. but if you can’t it might be dangerous if your opponent runs ahead of you to site 9.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:51 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
This Merry is a good companion for weed decks, a fine choise. The Starting with 8 huge trees Bib and SoP showed us isn’t such a bad idea either.... Twisted Evil

However, his lore text compared to his picture and subtitle prove once more that the designers were drunk when they made the cards.... Confused Confused
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 am
He doesn’t seem to be regretting a mistake here, he seems to be having the time of his life!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion