LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
maxidoodle
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:51 am
eh. It’s worth breaking even on wins and losses because your opponent is so annoyed when you have a 30 min regroup phase. Very Happy
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:23 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IT saeems that this could get boring i mean it would take forever and then you win whoope!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:24 am
It wouldn’t be boring - I’d love to do all these steps, while watching my opponent’s face. Mr. Green

Maxi: I’ll stick For the Mark in the step-by-step instructions when I get the time.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:31 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i guess but people woudn’t want to play it after a couple of times
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:33 am
I would, and I’ll bet a lot of other people would too...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:58 am
I believe that this was played at Comicon or GenCon SoCal a couple of years back just to show that Decipher’s loop rules didn’t work. This is the reason that Steadfast champion and Memories of Darkness were banned very shortly thereafter. Now I refuse to play open format because it is so degenerate.

If you take this to a tournament, you will actually get a timed loss more often than not because your opponent will run ahead of you past site three and he can make you shuffle your deck appropriately every single time you put anything back into it. Granted it will only be about 4 cards, but that will take a bit of time since you do it over and over.

That is what happened in the SoCal PSE where this was first played. His opponents made him shuffle everything thoroughly and that used up a ton of time, plus the opponent can take a little bit of time (just not enough to be considered stalling) each time you make them discard cards. If they are smart they will do everything they can to have their hand be a single culture which makes the discarding cards a bit difficult and take a lot more time in steps 12-34 especially considering the time it takes to do that one loop.

None of the losing initiative Free-peoples cards should have been made if you ask me. Losing initiative shouldn’t be a benefit for the free people’s player. That just smacked of sloppy design and a lack of good ideas. In my opinion, it is much akin to having burdens become an asset to the free people’s player or providing both free peoples and shadow cards that do really effective site path manipulation. It breaks fundamental aspects of the game that make it fun.

/rant
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:12 pm
I’ve gotta agree with you about the losing intiative cards. They’re so easy to abuse.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:16 pm
I love abusing cards like that...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:22 pm
Especially with infinite gandalf sitting out their lurking in the shadows. I love Hardy Garrison too.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:56 pm
Actually, there is one small flaw. You said any Gandalf, but in reality, the Gandalf RB would kill the deck. Your opponent couldn’t play any minions so you could take advantage of burden removal, and you would corrupt pretty fast.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion