LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:10 pm
Have you tried it out Celebrimbor? It’s fairly simple in practice.

EDIT: NVM, I just read your post. Razz Quick instructions for others: Just have one person create a new network by typing in their name and a password. Once the other player connects to the same network (with the same name in password), you’re set to go. For example, I might make a network like so:

Name: Kralik’s SdA Game
Password: supersecretpasswordthatIsenttoyouoverIM777

After playing the game, you can simply disband the network. Although I was thinking... it would be an interesting idea to have a designated CC network. The password would be sent out by invite only, and you could tell if someone was avaiable for a game simply by their online status in Hamachi. It’s like an IM -- you can see who is online and IM them as well. It’s like being on the same LAN.
Pippin
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:07 pm
I don’t know if I want to download anything else. My computer is crap as it is. Sad
as Pipeweed once said: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeClick Here Please!
Cobra Cards: Dying body filled with thriving cells.
My have's and wantsPopcornMy trade refrences
Gillian
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:26 pm
downloaded hamachi
ready to check it out
Kralik
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:07 pm
Well, I went ahead and set up a network if anyone wants to join and try it out:

Once you have Hamachi installed, click on the triangle-looking icon in the bottom right corner. Select Join an existing network...

Name: CC SdA Network
Password: PM me or someone else who has it.

Once that’s done, you have a virtual IP address that you can use to host a game for anyone else on the same network.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 am
For those of you who can’t host, you need to download Hamachi to enable hosting. Plus, the tournament is still accepting contestants for a few more days. We currently have 11 names on the roster; it’d be nice to have an even 12 (Maiden? Dáin?).

And now a few guidelines for the first round: the elimination format will be best-of-3. This means that the first player to win two games is the winner of the matchup, and will advance to the next round.

The decktype for the first round is Standard. Anything from sets 1-6 is off-limits, and all sites must be post-Shadows, with no more than 3 sites with the same site number. Obviously, cards from the Standard X-list are not allowed, and only copy of R-listed cards are allowed.

The matchups will be randomly decided next week after a 12th contestant has signed up. If you aren’t familiar with SdA, it’s a good idea to get used to the mechanics of the program, and the most important thing is to make sure that you have your deck prepared. Nearly all of the names on the roster are experienced players, and winning won’t be easy if you play with a deck that you don’t have experience with.
I had to put something here.
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 am
ok just downloaded Hamachi and was wondering is it safe and what do I need to do before I install it.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:52 am
Yes, it is safe and owned by a reputable company (LogMeIn). I use it often for my job to be able to remote desktop into my workplace, and I know many others who do as well. It just happens to be useful for online gaming as well. Very Happy

You don’t need to do anything before installing, but make sure to choose Basic (free) during the install process. Once you are done, it will show a quick tutorial. It will default to starting automatically with Windows -- I recommend turning off that feature unless you need/want it to. Go to the gear in the lower right corner--> Preferences--> System and uncheck Start Hamachi when I log into Windows.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:47 pm
Kralik wrote:
Have you tried it out Celebrimbor? It’s fairly simple in practice.

Yeah. Awesome free little program. I like that it can get behind any port/ip address problems.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
hmm, I haven’t played on sda before and haven’t played the game in a couple of years. Razz Oh well, whoever has me will get an easy couple-o-wins.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:43 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
What are you doing on a LotR topic without playing the game actually?!! Go sit on the naughty chair and download SDA.....work it out and play some games!!!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion