LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 am
As a reminder, this is part of the third of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 25
Elven - 26
Gandalf - 33
Gollum - 1
Isengard - 4
Orc - 21
Sauron - 16
Shire - 12
Wraith - 50
White - 12

8 • Azog, Orc Chieftain Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
Vit: 4
Sit: 4
Fierce.
Azog’s twilight cost is -1 for each Orc Orc with 3 or more vitality.
Each Orc Orc is strength +1 for each vitality they have.
... he was a great Orc with a huge iron-clad head, and yet agile and strong.
H3 R 90

4 Conflagration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Orc not assigned to a skirmish gain fierce, damage +1, terror 1 and ambush 1 until the regroup phase.
... out of the gates poured a multitude of Orcs...
H3 R 91

2 Desecration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Orc Orcs and discard a card from hand to discard a card borne by a companion skirmishing one of those minions.
Then Nar turned the head and saw branded on the brow in Dwarfrunes so that he could read it the name AZOG.
H3 R 92

2 • Full of Guile Orc
Condition • Support Area
Bearer is enduring.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to transfer this condition from your support area to a unique Orc Orc.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may transfer this condition to your support area or another unique Orc Orc.
’But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’
H3 C 93

2 • Gates of Moria Orc
Artifact • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard an Orc minion to add 2 (or 5 if they are skirmishing).
Skirmish: Remove 5 to Lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc until the regroup phase.
When Thror came to Moria, the Gate was open...
H3 R 94

6 • Golfimbul, Orkish King Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
To play, spot an Orc Orc.
Golfimbul is damage +1 and fierce for each site stacked on him.
Maneuver: Remove 1 to transfer a site from a condition to Golfimbul.
[His head] sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit-hole, and in this way the battle was won and the game of Golf invented at the same moment.
H3 R 95

7 • Host of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
Vit: 3
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc or Wraith minion to stack a random site from the Free Peoples player’s adventure deck here.
Skirmish: If this minion is skirmishing, discard a site stacked on it and exert it to add a burden.
Three times Lorien had been assailed from Dol Guldur...
H3 U 96

7 • Host of Gundabad Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to stack a site from your adventure deck here.
Maneuver: Discard a mountain site stacked here to add 2 and draw a card.
Both sides were pitiless, and there was death and cruel deeds by dark and by light.
H3 C 97

7 • Host of Mount Gram Orc
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to replace a site on the site path with a site from your adventure deck and stack the replaced site on this minion.
Skirmish: Discard a site stacked here to Lock a companion this minion is skirmishing until the end of the regroup phase.
H3 U 98

8 • Host of the Misty Mountains Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 14
This minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each site stacked on an Orc minion.
This minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each Orc condition borne by a companion.
But a great host of foes was arrayed on the slopes above them...
H3 R 99

6 • Host of the Underdeeps Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 14
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to stack a site from your adventure deck here.
Shadow: Discard an underground site stacked here to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.
At last all the Orcs that fled before them were gathered in Moria...
H3 C 100

0 Infuriation Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot X Orc minions assigned to a skirmish to add [X]. Then, the Free Peoples player chooses one of those minions. You may discard that minion to add 2.
’If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them.’
H3 C 101

3 Moria Fighter Orc
Minion • Orc
Vit: 1
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot another Orc minion to draw a card.
… and they outnumbered their enemies…
H3 U 102

2 Moria Legionnaire Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 4
While you can spot 3 Orc minions, this minion is strength +1 for each card in your hand.
… the Orcs did not waver…
H3 C 103

4 Moria Watcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Vit: 2
To play, spot an Orc minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a stacked site to it.
… and they had the higher ground.
H3 U 104

2 Retaliation Orc
Event • Response
If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, you may choose the next skirmish to be resolved (except for a skirmish involving the Ring-bearer).
... it was a dark day of winter without sun...
H3 R 105

2 Soldier of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 5
While you can spot 2 Wraith minions, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
... grievous harm was done to the fair woods...
H3 C 107

1 • The Underdeep Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Orc minion is strength +1 (or +2 if that minion is an Orc).
Locked: At the start of each phase, each Orc minion is Locked until the end of that phase.
H3 R 108

3 Warrior of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
To play, remove a burden.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
’... [I] secretly explored his ways, and found thus that our fears were true...’
H3 C 109

4 Watchman of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
To play, spot a Wraith minion.
At that start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a Shadow card borne by a companion to an eligible character skirmishing this minion.
’... many years ago I myself dared to pass the doors of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur...’
H3 U 110

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 13 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:12 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 • Dain Ironfoot, Son of Nain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 6
Res: 7
To play, spot a Dwarf.
At the start of each skirmish involving Dain Ironfoot and a minion, you may exert him and spot 5 threats to remove all threats and discard that minion.
Up the steps after him leaped a Dwarf with a red axe... Right before the doors he caught Azog, and there he slew him, and hewed off his head.
H3 R 4

Cut "and a minion" and phrase it discard a minion in that skirmish.
I see how ur trying to balance it by making his one ability limited use but powerful but i still feel its honestly too powerful. Using a good dwarf card or 2 that adds threats you could easily do this every turn.

Minion • Orc
Fierce.
H3 R 90

Interesting.

2 • Gates of Moria Orc
Artifact • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 5 to, until the regroup phase, Lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc.
H3 R 94

Reword it "Remove 5 to Lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc, , until the regroup phase." Otherwise its fine.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 am
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
At the start of each skirmish involving Dain Ironfoot and a minion, you may exert him and spot 5 threats to remove all threats and discard that minion.
Up the steps after him leaped a Dwarf with a red axe... Right before the doors he caught Azog, and there he slew him, and hewed off his head.
H3 R 4

Exert twice, IMO.

Talk of the Devil (well, Azog anyway):

Minion • Orc
Fierce.
H3 R 90

Love it.

And part of the artifact frenzy of this set:

2 • Gates of Moria Orc
Artifact • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 5 to, until the regroup phase, Lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc.
H3 R 94

If they are in a skirmish. I’m not sure I like this, the combo has to much potential to get broken, unless this card gets locked...

Your phraseology is weird. It should be "remove 5 to lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc until the regroup phase."

And more on the Orcs next time.

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H3 R 4

Spell it right! Evil or Very Mad The "a" very clearly should be "á". GRAR!! Razz

The "and a minion" isn’t needed. As much as I like the ability, it needs another cost. Either exert him twice or perhaps reduce the number of threats removed.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc
Fierce.
H3 R 90

Maybe make his cost -1 for each Orc Orc with 2 or less vitality. Makes for an interesting choice for the Shadow player. Twisted Evil

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Gates of Moria Orc
Artifact • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 5 to Lock all keywords on a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc until the regroup phase.
H3 R 94

Go with the wording the others recommended, and then it’s fine. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:01 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Spell it right! Evil or Very Mad The "a" very clearly should be "á". GRAR!! Razz

We don’t have time to waste tracking down the right key combination to get an accent over the a.

The "and a minion" isn’t needed. As much as I like the ability, it needs another cost. Either exert him twice or perhaps reduce the number of threats removed.

Oh yeah, missed that. What else would he be skirmishing? A flying duck? Or...

Shocked

THRAN’S GONNA COME OUT WITH SOME WAY TO TURN COMPANIONS AGAINST EACH OTHER! Dancing
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H3 R 4
should have
[b]Maneuver
make 2 very good DC’s. Gain a GP for each companion with DC reviewer you can spot Wink
cool! so this reflects how he is younger right now? that ability is killer. give shadow a way to prevent...oh wait removing threats is bad for your dwarves isn’t it? I am confoosed[/b]

Talk of the Devil (well, Azog anyway):

Minion • Orc
Fierce.
H3 R 90
cool! you could cut cost to 7 IMSO

And part of the artifact frenzy of this set:

2 • Gates of Moria Orc
Artifact • Support Area
H3 R 94

cut cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

I’m well aware of this, but then I have to go into Word, make the right symbol, then paste it into Firefox whenever I want to use it, so I normally can’t be bothered. You’ll notice I try to do it on Thror, Thrain etc. (just not in this particular post Very Happy)

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Changed for both.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Maybe make his cost -1 for each Orc Orc with 2 or less vitality. Makes for an interesting choice for the Shadow player. Twisted Evil

That is very interesting, but unfortunately it defeats its own purpose. All that would happen that way is you play loads of low vitality minions, play Azog, then load them up with mounts and vitality adders from the second set, instead of the other way around. I think I’d prefer to make the Shadow player have to discard the cards from hand first (in order to play the mounts).

NBarden wrote:
Oh yeah, missed that. What else would he be skirmishing? A flying duck? Or...

Shocked

THRAN’S GONNA COME OUT WITH SOME WAY TO TURN COMPANIONS AGAINST EACH OTHER! Dancing

Wow, 2 fantastic ideas there. Wait till I bring up some companions that skirmish other companions and flying ducks... Laughing

sickofpalantirs wrote:
cool! so this reflects how he is younger right now?

Yes. In fact, there are 2 versions of him in this block, both of which with different stats, and neither the same as Decipher’s one, Son of Nain is very young, King Under the Mountain is very old, and Lord of the Iron Hills is in his prime.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
that ability is killer. give shadow a way to prevent...oh wait removing threats is bad for your dwarves isn’t it? I am confoosed

Well, they like to have a lot of threats, but they also need to add them to use their events, so it’s a bit of a trade-off.

Wow, that was a lot of comments! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:58 pm
Now for some funky events.

You may remember that the Orc culture from the Battle of Five Armies would draw loads of cards and add loads of twilight for the skirmish phase. There was one card in particular that took advantage of it, which I’m going to post here for convenience:

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 5 Orc minions and discard 3 cards from hand to place an unbound companion skirmishing one of those minions in the dead pile.
Soon the attackers... were forced into a great ring... hemmed all about with goblins and wolves...
H2 R 98

Well, here are some more on a similar theme which tie in nicely to the Gates of Moria:

4 Conflagration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Orc not assigned to a skirmish gain fierce, damage +1, terror 1 and ambush 1 until the regroup phase.
H3 R 91

2 Desecration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Orc Orcs and discard a card from hand to discard a card borne by a companion skirmishing one of those minions.
Then Nar turned the head and saw branded on the brow in Dwarfrunes so that he could read it the name AZOG.
H3 R 92

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:13 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Now for some funky events.

I can tell I’m gonna like this.

Quote:
You may remember that the Orc culture from the Battle of Five Armies would draw loads of cards and add loads of twilight for the skirmish phase. There was one card in particular that took advantage of it, which I’m going to post here for convenience:

5 The Black Tide Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 5 Orc minions and discard 3 cards from hand to place an unbound companion skirmishing one of those minions in the dead pile.
Soon the attackers... were forced into a great ring... hemmed all about with goblins and wolves...
H2 R 98

I remember reviewing that! Twilight adding and card drawing, yay orcs! I also remember mentioning that you’d have to have some recursion or drawing to get this event, 3 cards, and 5 minions. Anyway, still good.

Quote:
4 Conflagration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Orc not assigned to a skirmish gain fierce, damage +1, terror 1 and ambush 2 until the regroup phase.
H3 R 91

Laughing Fantastic! GP for a funny card.

Quote:
3 Desecration Orc
Event • Skirmish
H3 R 92

Maybe could cost a little less, but maybe it’s balanced since Orcs don’t really have possession removal...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:57 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Both are fine, methinks. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards