LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
4 Goblin Despoiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
Vit: 2
Sit: 4
To play, discard a card from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player discard 1 Free Peoples card from play for each Free Peoples culture you can spot over 2.
Not even the ravens knew of their coming...
H2 R 113

I think it’s fine, though the juicy fruit makes a good point about decking quickly.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Goblin Invader Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
Vit: 1
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Regroup: If this minion is not exhausted, discard it to prevent the Free Peoples player from reconciling this turn.
... for they resolved now to win the dominion of the North.
H2 R 115

Give the FP player an opt-out, like...I dunno, exerting a couple companions or discarding from hand or something.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Now for some other Orcs that play with cards instead of twilight:

4 Goblin Despoiler Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 11
To play, discard a card from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player discard 1 Free Peoples card from play for each Free Peoples culture you can spot over 2.
Not even the ravens knew of their coming...
H2 R 113
perfectly balanced IMHO though R seems a tad much

3 Goblin Invader Orc
Minion • Orc
Regroup: If this minion is not exhausted, discard it to prevent the Free Peoples player from reconciling this turn.
H2 R 115

now this is interesting. if he has his mount, and isn’t exhausted, you will probably get a free double, considering orc’s discarding prowess. but if he doesn’t he is nearly worthless. I would, personally, up the cost OR give the freeps a way to prevent that killer regroup action.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:04 pm
Added a way out on the Invader. How is it now?

As to the decking issue, I suspect this culture will work best with Dwarven cards that has some of the best recursion (though Elven and Gandalf does that as well in this block) and you could easily see 90+ card decks, which would be crazy!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:14 pm
Thranduil wrote:
3 Goblin Invader Orc
Minion • Orc
Regroup: If this minion is not exhausted, discard it to prevent the Free Peoples player from reconciling this turn. The Free Peoples player may discard 3 cards from hand to prevent this.
H2 R 115

Better...much better. It’s probably even okay to reduce it to 2 cards, since this minion IS non-unique.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:21 am
Changed as suggested. Thanks all!

Some more miscellaneous Orcs then, and afterwards it will be Bolg and his Bodyguard, which will lead nicely into a new theme. As it is, these guys stick with the vitality thing:

3 Goblin Banner-Bearer Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 8
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
Their banners were countless, black and red...
H2 U 108

3 Goblin Wolf-Master Orc
Minion • Orc
Shadow: Exert this minion to play an Orc mount from your draw deck.
Shadow: Exert this minion twice to play an Orc Warg from your draw deck.
There a host of Wargs came ravening and with them came the bodyguard of Bolg...
H2 U 119

3 • Goblin Desecrator Orc
Minion • Orc
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Archery: Make this minion vitality -1 to make the minion archery total +1.
... they hastened right after night through the mountains...
H2 R 112

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Orc
While this minion has at least 3 vitality, it is strength +2 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
H2 U 108

Cool.

3 Goblin Wolf-Master Orc
Minion • Orc
H2 U 119

Why does one say mount the other say Warg? Sound though.

3 Goblin Desecrator Orc
Minion • Orc
H2 R 112

Wouldnt it be easier to say wound it? Id make it the start of the archery phase so you cant abuse 4 of these with wargs.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:32 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Why does one say mount the other say Warg? Sound though.

Because mounts are possessions, Wargs are minions. Also, Orcs have never ridden Wargs except in the films. In Tolkien’s works, they rode wolves, and my mounts are wolves not Wargs.

lem0nhead wrote:
Wouldnt it be easier to say wound it?

It’s not the same thing. With this guy, his vitality resets at the end of the archery phase (assuming you don’t make him commit suicide).

lem0nhead wrote:
Id make it the start of the archery phase so you cant abuse 4 of these with wargs.

That is certainly an issue, but I’d like to see what others think before I change it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:46 am
Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc
H2 U 108

Yowch. Balanced, but just barely, seeing as how that’s an automatic +2 and likely +4 at least.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Goblin Wolf-Master Orc
Minion • Orc
H2 U 119

Not bad, not bad. The first one might be better with 2 exertions, but it’s probably okay as is since it’s limited to the deck.

Thranduil wrote:
3 Goblin Desecrator Orc
Minion • Orc
H2 R 112

I agree with lem0n, especially since losing the vitality is temporary (as opposed to wounding). Either make it at the start of the archery phase, or change it to simply wounding.

Thranduil
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am
Made him unique. If anyone has any thoughts on those three, I’d love to hear them, but as I’ll be away mostly this weekend, I’ll finish the working week with the King of the Goblins himself:

5 • Bolg, Scourge of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
While Bolg has at least 2 vitality, he is strength +4.
While Bolg has at least 3 vitality, your Orc mounts cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
While Bolg has at least 4 vitality, each Orc Warg and mounted Orc Orc is fierce.
’Bolg of the North is coming!’
H2 R 100

And to bring in a new theme:

4 • Bodyguard of Bolg Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 13
Each Orc Orc is vitality +1 for each site stacked on them.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to stack a site from your adventure deck on your Orc Orc.
The bodyguard of Bolg came howling against them, and drove in upon their ranks like waves upon cliffs of sand.
H2 R 99

Next time, more site stacking for the Orc culture! Twisted Evil

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:08 am
Thranduil wrote:
Made him unique.

That works too, I suppose.

Thranduil wrote:
5 • Bolg, Scourge of the North Orc
Minion • Orc
While Bolg has at least 2 vitality, he is strength +4.
While Bolg has at least 3 vitality, your Orc mounts cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
While Bolg has at least 4 vitality, each Orc Warg and mounted Orc Orc is fierce.
’Bolg of the North is coming!’
H2 R 100

Personally, I think Bolg should have at least 2 vitality, since he wasn’t exclusively a wolf-rider. But the text is fine.

Thranduil wrote:
4 • Bodyguard of Bolg Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 13
Each Orc Orc is vitality +1 for each site stacked on them.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to stack a site from your adventure deck on your Orc Orc.
The bodyguard of Bolg came howling against them, and drove in upon their ranks like waves upon cliffs of sand.
H2 R 99

Yikes. That maneuver ability could get a little out of hand...maybe make it only if you have at least 2 cards in hand or something. Though I suppose his cost does help in that regard....

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards