LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 am
The Elven kingdom of Doriath was located east of Dor-lómin, and southwest of Angband and the Anfauglith. The defenses of Doriath were renowned, for Elven archers guarded her borders with wary eyes. The king of Doriath was Thingol...

4Thingol, Lord of Doriath Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Muster.
When you play Thingol (except in your starting fellowship), you may spot X Green Elves to reinforce X Green tokens (limit 3).
Fellowship: Exert Thingol twice (or once and add a burden) to play a Green possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
”He was ever loathe to let any stray beyond the guarded borders….”

4Thingol, Greycloak Green
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Thingol and spot 2 other Green Elves to make a Shadow player discard X cards from hand and draw X cards (limit 4). You may draw X cards or remove [X].
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Muster.
When you play Thingol (except in your starting fellowship), you may spot X Green Elves to reinforce X Green tokens (limit 3).
Fellowship: Exert Thingol twice (or once and add a burden) to play a Green possession from your draw deck or discard pile.

I think this version would be better with 7 strength. But he’s nice. Thumbs Up

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Muster.
Maneuver: Exert Thingol and spot 2 other Green Elves to make a Shadow player discard X cards from hand and draw X cards (limit 4). You may draw X cards or remove [X].

Keep the strength at 6 here, since the hunter makes up for it nicely. He’s great!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Elf
Muster.
since he costs 4, the except in your starting fellowship is relatively worthless. + you won’t have any cards out that can use tokens

Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Muster.

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:37 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Elf
Muster.

Sweet dude!

Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Muster.

Hmm not so sure of this guys usefulness for a 4 cost companion. Cant decide the balance either, its either too powerful or not helpful. Think

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:12 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
since he [Thingol] costs 4, the except in your starting fellowship is relatively worthless.

Ah, you have a very valid point. Just to prove you wrong, though, I’ll try to make a couple 0-cost Green Elves. Razz

As it turns out, I will have time to work on this set periodically during my Quest for Further Learning and Knowledge. Thumbs Up

3Melian, Lady of Doriath Green
Companion • Maia
Strength: 5
Muster. While you can spot Thingol, Melian’s twilight cost is -1.
Response: If any number of Green condition are about to be discarded by a Shadow player, return Melian to your hand to prevent that.
”’If in days to come you remember the words of Melian, it will be for your good….’”

2Aranrúth, Thingol’s Blade Green
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thingol.
Each time Thingol wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion or draw a card.
”’Choose from all that I have,’ said Thingol, ‘save only Aranrúth, my own.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:15 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Elf
Muster.
Response: If another Green Elf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, exert Melian and add 1 to prevent that wound.
”’If in days to come you remember the words of Melian, it will be for your good….’”

Dont think she needs to cost 3.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thingol.

Cool!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
since he [Thingol] costs 4, the except in your starting fellowship is relatively worthless.

Ah, you have a very valid point. Just to prove you wrong, though, I’ll try to make a couple 0-cost Green Elves. Razz
even if you do you still have nocards to reinforce tokens on. cu tit.

Companion • Elf
Muster.
Response: If another Green Elf is about to take a wound in a skirmish, exert Melian and add 1 to prevent that wound.
I guess

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thingol.

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Muster.

Lem0n’s right...you can probably get away with her only costing 2.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thingol.

Neat. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:08 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Absolutely no point whatsoever: there are no starting cards with tokens on them (unless you make them as well, which would be rather interesting if a bit weird).

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Muster.

Melian is not an Elf. Make her race Maia and remove ’another’ from the ability. Otherwise, her stats are seriously weird - she feels too much like a Dwarf. I would probably reduce her cost to 2, her strength to 5 and raise her resistance to 8 or 9.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thingol.

Rather powerful, but at 2 it’s probably fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:39 pm
Since I will be active again very shortly, I’ll have the next batch of cards up within a day or two. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards