LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:10 am
Ok so this culture is obviously going to be split between the wraiths and the gondorian soldiers so there will be those 2 main themes.

The wraith culture is going to work off cards removed from the game. Ive not made the others yet so who knows!

Here are the first bumper crop ofspoilers.

3 • Halbarad, Dúnadan of the North Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 7
Ranger.
While the fellowship is balanced, Halbarad gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions than companions, Halbarad gains defender +1).
Assignment: Exert Halbarad and assign a minion to him. Shadow players cannot play skirmish events during that skirmish.
"Of all joys this is the least expected!"
R

0 Gondorian Star Gondor
Possession • Brooch
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be an unbound Gondor man.
Response: If you have just played an event (except in the fellowship phase), discard this possession to place that event on top of your draw deck instead of in the discard pile.
"...each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star."
U

0 • Meeting of the Dúnedain Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each of your turns, you may spot 3 Gondor rangers and add 1 to heal a companion.
"’Here are some of my own kin from the far land where I dwelt."
R

1 • Roheryn Gondor
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Gondor ranger.
If bearer is Aragorn, each wounded minion skirmishing him cannot use skirmish special abilities.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to exert a minion skirmishing him or her.
"Their horses were strong and of proud bearing, but rough-haired; and one stood there without a rider, Aragorn’s own horse that they had brought from the North..."
R

3 An Hour Long Prepared Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Exert Aragorn X times to make X other Gondor men strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"I must go down also to Minas Tirith, but I do not yet see the road."
U

Enjoy.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:29 am; edited 4 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:04 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
Ranger.
While the fellowship is balanced Halbarad gains Guardian 1.
Assignment: Exert Halbarad and assign a minion to him. Shadow players cannot play skirmish events during that skirmish.
R

A bit of an NPE, but fair enough.

lem0nhead wrote:
0 Gondorian Star Gondor
Possession • Brooch
Response: If you have just played an event (except in the fellowship phase), discard this possession to place that event on top of your draw deck instead of the discard pile.
"...each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star."
U

Nice one, but it needs a bearer. I would suggest that it only goes on unbound Gondor Men or it could be too powerful.

lem0nhead wrote:
1 • Meeting of the Dúnedain Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each of your turns spot 3 Gondor rangers to heal a companion.
R

There needs to be ’, you may’ in between ’turns’ and ’spot’ but nice card. I’d like a discarding ability, however.

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Roheryn Gondor
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Gondor Ranger.
If bearer is Aragorn, each wounded minion skirmishing him cannot use skirmish special abilites.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add 1 to exert a minion skirmishing them.
"Their horses were strong and of proud bearing, but rough-haired; and one stood there without a rider, Aragorn’s own horse that they had brought from the North..."
R

Very interesting, but as he’s unique and adds twilight he could easily cost 1.

lem0nhead wrote:
Event • Fellowship
Exert Aragorn X times to make X other Gondor men strength +2 until the regroup phase.
U

Cool, but make it maneuver or it won’t be worth it if you don’t know how many minions there will be.

lem0nhead wrote:
Enjoy.

Oh I have!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:

Companion • Man
Ranger.
While the fellowship is balanced Halbarad gains Guardian 1.
R
PUT NEW KEYWORDS IN ITALICS! it is just polite manners. otherwise fine

0 Gondorian Star Gondor
Possession • Brooch
Response: If you have just played an event (except in the fellowship phase), discard this possession to place that event on top of your draw deck instead of the discard pile.
U
instead of IN the discard pile

Condition • Support Area
At the start of each of your turns spot 3 Gondor rangers to heal a companion.
R
you may spot...

2 • Roheryn Gondor
Possession • Mount
If bearer is Aragorn, each wounded minion skirmishing him cannot use skirmish special abilites.
R
I know a member called that... cool! but misspelled abilities

Event • Fellowship
U

aweshome
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:56 am
Changes made thanks guys, GP for your first reviews of BotPF Gondor!

Any other reviews before we move on?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:43 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok so this culture is obviously going to be split between the wraiths and the gondorian soldiers so there will be those 2 main themes.

The wraith culture is going to work off cards removed from the game. Ive not made the others yet so who knows!

Here are the first bumper crop ofspoilers.

Companion • Man
Ranger.
While the fellowship is balanced Halbarad gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions that companions Halbarad gains defender +1).
R

Nice.

0 Gondorian Star Gondor
Possession • Brooch
Response: If you have just played an event (except in the fellowship phase), discard this possession to place that event on top of your draw deck instead of in the discard pile.
U

Nice.

Condition • Support Area
At the start of each of your turns you may spot 3 Gondor rangers to heal a companion.
R

0 and make it add 1.

1 • Roheryn Gondor
Possession • Mount
If bearer is Aragorn, each wounded minion skirmishing him cannot use skirmish special abilities.
R

I think it should have a typical mount exerting ability, not the exert bearer to exert a minion. If not, cut the add 1.

Event • Maneuver
U

Drop the twilight cost to 1 or 2.

Enjoy.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 am
Thanks for the suggestions NB, changes duly made.

Cant wait around for Dain forever (review them later anyway DI!) so moving on.

Im going to show a few more general cards before i kick into the gondor wraith theme.

0 • The Seeing-stone of Orthanc Gondor
Artifact • Palantir
To play spot Aragorn (or exert a Gondor Man).
Fellowship or Regroup: Add 1 to reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a Free Peoples card, you may exert Aragorn to take it into hand. If it is a Shadow card, discard it and the next card of your draw deck.
"I and the lawful master of the Stone, and I had both the right and the strength to use it..."
R

3 • Narsil, Reforged Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, if the Shadow has ardor, you may exert him to make the Shadow lose ardor.
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him."
R

1 Blade Of Dol Amroth Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor Man.
If bearer has Guardian X, they are damage +X.
U

1 Sword Of The Citadel Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard a card from hand to remove 2.
C
Last edited by lem0nhead on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:32 am; edited 2 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:41 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Thanks for the suggestiosn NB, changes duly made.

Im going to show a few more general cards before i kick into the gondor wraith theme.

0 • The Stone of Orthanc Gondor
Artifact • Palantir
To play spot Aragorn (or exert a Gondor Man), and if you can spot the Palantir of Orthanc, discard it. It may not be played again.
Fellowship or Regroup: Add 1 to reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a free peoples card you may exert Aragorn to take it into hand. If it is a shadow card discard it and the next card of your draw deck.
"I and the lawful master of the Stone, and I had both the right and the strength to use it..."
R

Nice. I like the risk thing. But telepathy is cool.

3 • Anduril, Reforged Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, if the shadow has ardor, you may exert him to make the shadow lose ardor.
"Now in the very hour of his great designs the heir of Isildur and the Sword are revealed; for I showed the blade re-forged to him."
R

Nice. Resistance may be pushing it.

1 Dol Amroth Blade Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer has Guardian, they are damage +1.
U

Nice.

Possession • Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard a card from hand to remove 1.
C

Weak. Give it something else.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:36 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Palantir
To play spot Aragorn (or exert a Gondor Man), and if you can spot the Palantir of Orthanc, discard it. It may not be played again.
Fellowship or Regroup: Add 1 to reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a free peoples card you may exert Aragorn to take it into hand. If it is a shadow card discard it and the next card of your draw deck.
R

Why make a new card? Why not the Seeing-Stone of Orthanc? Interesting card, but it feels weird to me - adding 1 isn’t much of a cost.

lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, if the shadow has ardor, you may exert him to make the shadow lose ardor.
R

Compared to Sword that Was Broken, this is probably fine.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer has Guardian, they are damage +1.
U

How about guardian X gives damage +X? Then you’d have to increase the cost or reduce the strength, but it would be pretty damn cool.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard a card from hand to remove 1.
C

Definitely too weak. It could remove 1 easily without a cost. If you want it to help with cycling as well, I’d make it remove at least 2.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:

Yeah, I’m simultaniously slogging through a take-home midterm exam and a desperate need to win this week in a couple fantasy football leagues Razz, so DCs have been on the back burner so far this week. Sorry!

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man
Ranger.
While the fellowship is balanced Halbarad gains Guardian 1 (While you can spot more minions that companions Halbarad gains defender +1).
R

No complaints here. Well, okay, just one: you’re missing a comma in there after "balanced". Oh, and one after "companions", which, by the way, also has a misspelled word before it.

Did I say no complaints? Whistle

lem0nhead wrote:
0 Gondorian Star Gondor
Possession • Brooch
U

Nifty. I mean it this time: no complaints! Very Happy

lem0nhead wrote:
0 • Meeting of the Dúnedain Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each of your turns, you may spot 3 Gondor rangers and add 1 to heal a companion.
R

Fine by me. Thumbs Up

lem0nhead wrote:
1 • Roheryn Gondor
Possession • Mount
Skirmish: Exert bearer to exert a minion skirmishing them.
R

"Ranger" shouldn’t be capitalized, and "them" should probably be "him or her". I love this card, though.

lem0nhead wrote:
2 An Hour Long Prepared Gondor
Event • Maneuver
U

I think it could cost 3, but 2 is okay. Barely.

lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Palantir
R

I’d recommend changing the title to Seeing-stone of Orthanc and giving it a subtitle. I also know it’s lengthy, but to avoid confusion, the "it may not be played again" should probably be changed to "The Palantir of Orthanc may not be played". "Free Peoples" should ALWAYS be capitalized, and a comma after "Free Peoples card" and "Shadow card" would be recommended. But this is spiffy, and aside from the nitpicks, I like it a lot.

lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn.
R

Capitalize "Shadow". The resistance makes it a tad powerful, but the lack of an ability quite as powerful as other versions makes this okay. One last thing I’d recommend: change the subtitle to Narsil Reforged. Just sounds a little better to me.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
U

Yoiks! Limit it to knights, since that ability is pretty powerful. Blade of Dol Amroth rings better in my old ears, but either way is okay.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard a card from hand to remove 2.
C

Interesting. A tad weak compared to some other Gondor cards, but in the right deck, it could provide mucho help with cycling and/or choking. I like it. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Palantir
R
the exertion seems a little harsh, maybe and add a threat.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn.
R
works for me

Possession • Hand Weapon
U
needs some awesome lore

Possession • Hand Weapon
C

works for me, but maybe remove 2 or reinforce a gondor token
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards