LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
- Change the ability to "When a Spider is assigned to skirmish a Locked companion, it gains terror 1 (or terror 2 if that Spider is Shelob)."

I worry that this would make her too good, though I like the idea. When you see the Gollum spider cards, you can tell me whether you think it will be or not.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
- Change the culture of this version to Sauron, or somehow allow her to gain the Sauron culture as well as starting with Gollum (perhaps by spotting another Spider or two?).

I hear where you’re coming from, but Shelob I feel doesn’t belong in the Sauron culture, and anyway most cards say ’Spider’.

And now for some ’revamped’ webs et al:

1 Languorous Poison Gollum
Possession • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove a Sauron or Gollum token to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may stack a Spider from your discard pile on your support area possession.
... he did his best to help the hobbit, although he was feeling very sick and ill from spider-poison.
H2 U 90

1 Spiders’ Larder Gollum
To play, spot a Spider.
Each time a Spider wins a skirmish, you may add a Gollum token here.
Skirmish: Remove a token from here to make a Spider strength +1 (limit +3).
With that one of the fat spiders ran along a rope until it came to a dozen bundles hanging in a row.
H2 C 95

1 Web of Mirkwood Gollum
Regroup: If there are fewer than 3 cards stacked here, spot your Spider to stack it here.
Shadow: Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to play a Spider from here as if from hand.
Something like a strong sticky string was against his left hand.
H2 C 97

To quickly cross-reference these with the Sauron cards, click here.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Skirmish: Remove a Sauron or Gollum token to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may stack a Spider from your discard pile on your support area possession.
... he did his best to help the hobbit, although he was feeling very sick and ill from spider-poison.
H2 U 90
maybe to exert bearer

1 Spiders’ Larder Gollum
To play, spot a Spider.
Skirmish: Remove a token from here to make a Spider strength +2 (limit +6).
With that one of the fat spiders ran along a rope until it came to a dozen bundles hanging in a row.
H2 C 95
cool!

1 Web of Mirkwood Gollum
Regroup: If there are fewer than 3 cards stacked here, spot your Spider to stack it here.
Shadow: Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to play a Spider from here as if from hand.
H2 C 97

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:34 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
- Change the ability to "When a Spider is assigned to skirmish a Locked companion, it gains terror 1 (or terror 2 if that Spider is Shelob)."

I worry that this would make her too good, though I like the idea. When you see the Gollum spider cards, you can tell me whether you think it will be or not.

See, here’s the problem, you HAVE to make Shelob too good, in a sense. I mean, any new version of shelob needs to be as good as Eater of Light or Her Ladyship to be playable.

Quote:
H2 U 90

Very interesting.... but all right.

Quote:
1 Spiders’ Larder Gollum
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 95

Killer pump. Make it unique or two tokens.

Quote:
1 Web of Mirkwood Gollum
H2 C 97

Interesting... although in reality worse than Web. It’s acceptable, though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:48 am
Thranduil wrote:

H2 U 90

Sweeeeeet.

1 Spiders’ Larder Gollum
To play, spot a Spider.
H2 C 95

Make it unique or 1 win gets +8.

1 Web of Mirkwood Gollum
H2 C 97

Coolio.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:47 pm
elf lvr wrote:
See, here’s the problem, you HAVE to make Shelob too good, in a sense. I mean, any new version of shelob needs to be as good as Eater of Light or Her Ladyship to be playable.

I hear what you’re saying, but I resist strongly making powerful cards just because cards of similar power-level were printed by decipher. This is my constant argument against hunter companions - just because Decipher thinks it’s okay to print a 2/9/3/6 companion, doesn’t mean that one should.

On the other hand, I think this scenario is slightly different, so if noone complains, I will change Shelob as suggested.

Thanks all.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:11 pm
Gollum cards are now finished. Head over to the Sauron culture for some more juicy and spluttering spiders! Razz

Orcs may not be far off.

Thanks everyone for reviewing!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Welcome!
and a GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards