LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:16 pm
As a reminder, this is part of the second of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 32
Elven - 21
Gandalf - 34
Gollum - 10
Orc - 42
Sauron - 30
Shire - 17
White - 14

All Gollum cards from this block are Shadow.

0 Competition Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Exert Gollum to make the Free Peoples player discard an event from their hand. Then you may do the same. Repeat this until one player does not discard an event. If a player does not discard an event, each of their characters are strength -1 until the regroup phase and the other player may take into hand all of their cards discarded in this way and draw a card.
H2 R 88

0 Curse the Baggins Gollum
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot Gollum to take a Gollum event into hand from your discard pile.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to add a threat.
’Thief, thief, thief! Baggins! We hates it, we hates it, we hates it forever!’
H2 R 89

1 Languorous Poison Gollum
Possession • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove a Sauron or Gollum token to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, you may stack a Spider from your discard pile on your support area possession.
... he did his best to help the hobbit, although he was feeling very sick and ill from spider-poison.
H2 U 90

0 Memories of Ages Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gollum to reveal your hand.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to exert a companion.
Riddles... had been the only game he had ever played with other funny creatures, sitting in their holes in the long, long ago before he lost all his friends and was driven away...
H2 C 91

0 Seeking In Vain Gollum
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum to replace the current site with a site from your adventure deck.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to replace one of your sites on the site path with a stacked site or a site from your adventure deck.
’Where is it? Where iss it... Losst it is, my precious, lost, lost! Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!’
H2 C 92

6 • Shelob, Queen of Spiders Gollum
Minion • Spider
Str: 8
Vit: 8
Sit: 8
Fierce. Enduring.
Each time a Spider is assigned to skirmish a Locked companion, it gains terror 1 (or terror 2 if that Spider is Shelob).
Far and wide her lesser broods... her own offspring... spread from glen to glen...
H2 R 93

2 Slimy Island Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Heal a Gollum minion up to 3 times.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may exert Gollum to add a burden.
Actually Gollum lived on a slimy island of rock in the middle of the lake.
H2 U 94

1 Spiders’ Larder Gollum
To play, spot a Spider.
Each time a Spider wins a skirmish, you may add a Gollum token here.
Skirmish: Remove a token from here to make a Spider strength +1 (limit +3).
With that one of the fat spiders ran along a rope until it came to a dozen bundles hanging in a row.
H2 C 95

0 Tasty Morsel Gollum
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum and discard a Gollum event from your hand to play a minion from your discard pile.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to add 2.
’Bless us and splash us, my previous! I guess it’s a choice feast...’
H2 U 96

1 Web of Mirkwood Gollum
Regroup: If there are fewer than 3 cards stacked here, spot your Spider to stack it here.
Shadow: Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to play a Spider from here as if from hand.
Something like a strong sticky string was against his left hand.
H2 C 97

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 13 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Competition Gollum
Event • Maneuver
The Free Peoples player must discard an event from hand. Then you may do the same. Repeat this until one player does not discard an event. If a player does not discard an event, each of their characters are strength -1 until the regroup phase and the other player may take into hand all of their cards discarded in this way and draw a card.
H2 R 88

Thranduil

so if they didn’t have events, would they automatically be -1?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:43 pm
Thranduil wrote:
0 Competition Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gollum to make the Free Peoples player discard an event from their hand. Then you may do the same. Repeat this until one player does not discard an event. If a player does not discard an event, each of their characters are strength -1 until the regroup phase and the other player may take into hand all of their cards discarded in this way and draw a card.
H2 R 88

Shocked I absolutley love the concept of this card! The card title reflects the gametext to a T. GP for that. The only problem I can see with it is if you got more than 1 copy of this in your hand, you could potentially make one side have strength -4. I’d almost consider making this a unique condition with an ability that triggers at the start of the maneuver phase.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:30 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Competition Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gollum to make the Free Peoples player discard an event from their hand. Then you may do the same. Repeat this until one player does not discard an event. If a player does not discard an event, each of their characters are strength -1 until the regroup phase and the other player may take into hand all of their cards discarded in this way and draw a card.
H2 R 88

Thranduil

Mental. Very scary and harsh for the free peoples, id make it exert gollum if it costs nothing.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:44 pm
Taken on your suggestion, lem0n. Thanks all!

You may remember this Gollum from the first set, and you were probably thinking how out of place his second ability was:

2 • Gollum, Small and Slimy Gollum
Minion
Str: 5
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
Each time a riddle is played, you may make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Each time this card is revealed from your hand, you may make a player discard a card from their hand.
He was a Gollum - as dark as darkness, except for two big round pale eyes in his thin face.
H1 U 130

Well, it was just foreshadowing what was to come! Twisted Evil

Event • Maneuver
Spot Gollum to reveal your hand.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to exert a companion.
Riddles... had been the only game he had ever played with other funny creatures, sitting in their holes in the long, long ago before he lost all his friends and was driven away...
H2 C 91

Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot Gollum to take a Gollum event into hand from your discard pile.
H2 R 89

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Taken on your suggestion, lem0n. Thanks all!

You may remember this Gollum from the first set, and you were probably thinking how out of place his second ability was:

Minion
Each time a riddle is played, you may make Gollum strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Each time this card is revealed from your hand, you may make a player discard a card from their hand.
He was a Gollum - as dark as darkness, except for two big round pale eyes in his thin face.
H1 U 130
NPE! I hope more is coming

Well, it was just foreshadowing what was to come! Twisted Evil

Event • Maneuver
Spot a Gollum minion to reveal your hand.
H2 C 91
works for me. maybe a tad underpowered

Event • Response
H2 R 89

Thranduil

or burden...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:05 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion
H1 U 130

Again, I loathe NPE but gameplay is balanced.

Event • Maneuver
Spot a Gollum minion to reveal your hand.
H2 C 91

Hmm i dont follow this. Presumably you need a second copy of it in your hand? If thats where youre going id say if another card of the same title is revealed etc... And why spot a gollum minion only for it to then work if you can spot gollum himself?

Event • Response
H2 R 89

Sound. Wouldnt add a burden. Burdens are more powerful than threats.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:08 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Hmm i dont follow this. Presumably you need a second copy of it in your hand? If thats where youre going id say if another card of the same title is revealed etc...

I’m not sure I understand your point. You can’t play this event to trigger its exertion (though you can if you still have copies in your hand after you’ve played it), but there are other ways of revealing your hand from the first set (for example, one of the riddles).

lem0nhead wrote:
And why spot a gollum minion only for it to then work if you can spot gollum himself?

Good point. Changed.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:27 am
Ahh i see now. The lines are 2 seperate sentences. I thought they were related.

Never mind its fine.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:26 pm
I was hoping for another review or 2, but never mind.

So, continuing the theme:

Did someone say, burden? Razz

2 Slimy Island Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Heal a Gollum minion up to 3 times.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may exert Gollum to add a burden.
Actually Gollum lived on a slimy island of rock in the middle of the lake.
H2 U 94

0 Seeking In Vain Gollum
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum to replace the current site with a site from your adventure deck.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to replace one of your sites on the site path with a stacked site or a site from your adventure deck.
’Where is it? Where iss it... Losst it is, my precious, lost, lost! Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!’
H2 C 92

0 Tasty Morsel Gollum
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum and discard a Gollum event from your hand to play a minion from your discard pile.
If this event is revealed from your hand, you may spot Gollum to add 2.
’Bless us and splash us, my previous! I guess it’s a choice feast...’
H2 U 96

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards