LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:38 am
I added a condition onto the mattock (though damage +1 isn’t as good as wounding because you still have to win the skirmish) and changed the bow.

Thanks for the detailed comments.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:41 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Heavy Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If you cannot spot a minion not assigned to a skirmish exert bearer to make him damage +1.
In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks...
H2 C 16

Thranduil

Surely thats the same as if you CAN spot a minion assigned to a skirmish? Razz And cant quite see the point in it now. How about if bearer wins a skirmish exert him to wound a minion he was skirmishing?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:46 am
Yeah, sorry I wasn’t paying much attention to the wording Razz. I’ve now rephrased it to fit my intentions!

And yes your wording works perfectly, but I just feel as a Dwarven card, it should give damage bonuses wherever possible.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Those were very simple, but now let’s go onto some more gear for these guys.

2 Heavy Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If no other companion is skirmishing, exert bearer to make him damage +1.
In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks...
H2 C 16
aweshomeness!

1 Dwarven Bow Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to wound a minion.
Before Throrin could cry out three of the dwarves had leaped to their feet and loosed off arrows...
H2 U 11
works for me.

1 Riding Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Lock bearer until the end of the regroup phase to make him strength +2.
... after the meal they mounted the steeds he was lending them, and bidding him many farewells they rode off through his gate at a good pace.
H2 U 28

maybe heal him and make him resistance +2 instead of strength +.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:57 am
Taken your suggestion, SoP, on the pony, thanks!

Keeping with the Locking/Unlocking theme:

1 • Old Songs Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to heal the bearer of that instrument.
The dark filled the room, and the fire died down... and still they played on.
H2 U 25

1 Enchanted Gold Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to make all players discard one of their cards from play. Draw a card for each card discarded in this way.
... the hobbit felt the love of beautiful things made by hands and by cunning and by magic moving through him... the desire of the hearts of dwarves.
H2 R 13

1 Desperate Venture Dwarven
Event • Response
If a minion is played, spot a Dwarf and add a threat to Lock it until the end of the turn.
’After that the trouble would begin.’ ’A long time before that, if I know anything about the roads East,’ interrupted Gandalf.
H2 U 4

There are 2 things worth bearing in mind for this card. Firstly, The One Ring from the previous sets Unlocks all cards its bearer is bearing. Secondly, you’ll have to wait for the Shire culture to see the stacking in motion.

2 • Mithril Coat, Kingly Gift Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Locked: Each minion skirmishing Bilbo is Locked.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack it on a Shire condition.
With that he put on Bilbo a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago.
H2 R 22

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 • Old Songs Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to heal the bearer of that instrument.
H2 U 25

Hmmmm ok.

1 Enchanted Gold Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Lock a Dwarven instrument until the end of the regroup phase to make all players discard one of their cards from play. Draw a card for each card discarded in this way.
... the hobbit felt the love of beautiful things made by hands and by cunning and by magic moving through him... the desire of the hearts of dwarves.
H2 R 13

Cool.

Event • Response
If a minion is played, spot a Dwarf and add a threat to Lock it until the end of the turn.
’After that the trouble would begin.’ ’A long time before that, if I know anything about the roads East,’ interrupted Gandalf.
H2 U 4

Quality!

Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Response: If a card is played during a skirmish involving Bilbo, Lock him to stack it on a Shire condition.
With that he put on Bilbo a small coat of mail, wrought for some young elf-prince long ago.
H2 R 22

Interesting. Sweet.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Taken your suggestion, SoP, on the pony, thanks!

Keeping with the Locking/Unlocking theme:

1 • Old Songs Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
H2 U 25
sure

1 Enchanted Gold Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
H2 R 13
cool!

Event • Response
H2 U 4
give the shadow a way to prevent it

Artifact • Armor
To play spot 2 Dwarves.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
H2 R 22
if a freeps card is played...

Thranduil
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:25 pm
Now we move onto more generic cards:

2 Dwarfish Hearts Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Add a threat and spot 3 Dwarves to discard an artifact or possession.
... when the heart of a dwarf, even the most respectable, is wakened by gold and by jewels, he grows suddenly bold and he may become fierce.
H2 R 7

2 Messenger Raven Dwarven
Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Transfer this follower to your support area to draw 2 cards.
As they worked the ravens brought them constant tidings.
H2 C 21

2 Raven of Erebor Dwarven
Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time this follower is transferred to a Dwarf, you may make an opponent choose to discard 2 cards from their hand or 5 cards from the top of their draw deck.
’There used to be great friendship between [the ravens] and the people of Thror...’
H2 U 27

1 • Roac, Son of Carc Dwarven
Follower
Res: +1
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time Roac is transferred, you may draw a card.
’We are few, but we remember still the king that was of old.’
H2 R 29

That last one also ties in with the Gandalf men, so stay tuned!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:01 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Event • Maneuver
... when the heart of a dwarf, even the most respectable, is wakened by gold and by jewels, he grows suddenly bold and he may become fierce.
H2 R 7
interesting...

Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
H2 C 21
muster should be in their somewhere

Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
When this follower is transferred to a Dwarf, you may make an opponent choose to discard 2 cards from their hand or 5 cards from the top of their draw deck.
’There used to be great friendship between [the ravens] and the people of Thror...’
H2 U 27
it should be 2 at random. and Each time instead of when

Follower
Str: +2
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
When Roac is transferred, you may draw a card.
H2 R 29

Each time Roac is transferred.
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:36 am
Thranduil wrote:

Event • Maneuver
H2 R 7

Sound.

Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
H2 C 21

Hmmm id still make it bearer must be a dwarf or something.

Follower
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
When this follower is transferred to a Dwarf, you may make an opponent choose to discard 2 cards from their hand or 5 cards from the top of their draw deck.
H2 U 27

Balanced but big NPE.

Follower
Str: +2
Aid - add a threat.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
When Roac is transferred, you may draw a card.
H2 R 29

Hmm yeah ok.

That last one also ties in with the Gandalf men, so stay tuned!

Thranduil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards