LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:51 pm
I have a rather large box with over 5000 commons/uncommons (non-foil) that I intend to get rid of soon. I am willing to trade the lot for some good cards from my want list:
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=monroer
otherwise, do you think it’s worth listing on ebay?
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
id say you could get 20 bucks for it
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:10 am
LOL the box weighs over 40 lbs, the shipping would cost more than that!
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:58 am
Exactly... the shipping cost itself might be more than what it takes to buy singles outright to complete a few decks. Even though $50 (including S&H) could be an absolute bargain, that still doesn’t change the fact that I could be paying $30 worth of "junk" cards I don’t need.

That said, the sheer amount of 5000 cards is sure to attract attention, especially if a good chunk is from RotK and beyond. Who knows, you might run across a collector/player who just wants cards, lots of cards. I think you’d have a fair shot on eBay if the price is good.

BTW, how do other folks clear out their extra commons and uncommons, or do you just sit on them forever?
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:07 am
Quote:
BTW, how do other folks clear out their extra commons and uncommons, or do you just sit on them forever?

Lol that’s what I want to know. I mean keeping them for trades just isn’t worth digging through a box of 5000+ so I figured it’s easiest to get rid of all at once. Do you think it would be worth the time to inventory the box? I honestly have no clue what’s in it...I’ve been collecting for a very long time and these were all extras.
Gartax
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:28 pm
you will get more if you split then in 2

having 2 block of 2500 cards.

but my guess is that you will sell it for 10$ + shipping of 25$ or something
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:39 pm
Hobbit_Pizza wrote:
Do you think it would be worth the time to inventory the box? I honestly have no clue what’s in it...I’ve been collecting for a very long time and these were all extras.

Not individual cards! Shocked Maybe just the range of sets/blocks your lot covers, in case for example someone’s hoping for post-Shadows and everything happens to be pre-Shadows. And if a particular set/block is heavily skewed (30% BoHD!) it’d be great to know that too.

Although to be honest, doing that would be far beyond the usual "don’t bother asking me for a list, I haven’t got the time" description that I see everywhere. *LOL*

I’d be curious to know what online stores do with their stock when they close. I think Cobra Cards sold the remaining rares as gigantic lots on eBay, but I don’t remember seeing lots for commons/uncommons. Recycled? Donated? Celebratory bonfire?

...Anyone want a bunch of Southrons? Razz
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:33 pm
I’m sure most of it is from the first 3 blocks. I may just separate it into sets or blocks and count the quantities. Either way, I’d rather trade them for a handful of cards from my want list than sell them for cheap. d'oh!

Have a GP Dancing
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Hobbit_Pizza wrote:
Do you think it would be worth the time to inventory the box? I honestly have no clue what’s in it...I’ve been collecting for a very long time and these were all extras.

Not individual cards! Shocked Maybe just the range of sets/blocks your lot covers, in case for example someone’s hoping for post-Shadows and everything happens to be pre-Shadows. And if a particular set/block is heavily skewed (30% BoHD!) it’d be great to know that too.

Although to be honest, doing that would be far beyond the usual "don’t bother asking me for a list, I haven’t got the time" description that I see everywhere. *LOL*

I’d be curious to know what online stores do with their stock when they close. I think Cobra Cards sold the remaining rares as gigantic lots on eBay, but I don’t remember seeing lots for commons/uncommons. Recycled? Donated? Celebratory bonfire?

...Anyone want a bunch of Southrons? Razz

within this week im going to go through my c and u cards and take everything i have in excess of four copies of and use them to start a fire on christmas...
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:56 pm
hey Josiah_of_rohan if you have any Hunters, Rise of Saruman, or Treachery & Deceit c and u’s to add to that fire send them to me instead Laughing .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum