LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:56 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ok, for those of you who may not know yet, I’m working on my own DC set (with other intentions, although I’ll keep those for myself and corvus, for now...), callNOLINKed Dwarven Rage. You can read a bit about it here

I’ll give you the set’s breakdown for now, and then I’ll slowly start to update with some info, and then I’ll start posting spoilers! So, if you like crazyness and new stuff, stay tuned!

Set’s name: Dwarven Rage (1/3 in the Dwarven Rage block)
Number of cards: 122
Number of Free Peoples cards: 50
Number of Shadow cards: 50
Rarity breakdown: 34 R/38 U/40 C/8 S/2 P

Relevant information:
- The only Free Peoples culture present in the set is going to be the Dwarven culture;
- The only Shadow culture present in the set is going to be the Moria culture;
- There will be a total of 5 new keywords;
- Each side will get to use 3 new keywords;
- There will be a new game mechanich that allows the Free Peoples player to break the Rule of 9;
- The block will have at least 1 new version of both The Balrog and Watcher in the Water;
- It’ll be possible to have a 40-or-so strength companion in a skirmish;
- One single minion will be capable of killing 5-6 characters at once;
- There will be a Free Peoples card with 7 vitality;
- There will be one card that will break the Limit of 4 rule;
- There will be at least one new Alternate Ring-bearer;
- There will be at least 3 rare sites;
- Sites will follow the post-shadow rules;
- There will be sites with negative Shadow numbers;
- "Response" will be used more than it was ever used before throughout the block;
- The set will mark the introduction of the "come into play" and "leave play" mechanichs;
- This set will also mark some important rules changes, like considering skirmishes as part of one sole "skirmish phase";
- The block will no longer have decks named after a character, but rather Theme Decks. The first one is named Goblin Nest;

New machanichs and their updated rules text:

Reinforcements X (When you play this minion, you may reveal the top X cards of your draw deck. Put all Shadow cards revealed this way into your hand, and put the rest in the discard pile).

Gathering X (If you reveal any minion card, you may exert a minion with Gathering to play that minion. It is twilight cost -X).

NOTE: Revealing must be an effect and/or part of a cost. Revealing a card by flashing it either by accident or on purpose does NOT count as revealing for game purposes.

Banding (At the beginning of the assignment phase, you may exert any number of characters with banding and consider them as one single character. Treat it the same way as you would treat multiple minions when skirmishing a single companion).

Berserker (This character is strength +2 for each wound on each character in its skirmish).

Steeled (This character takes no more than one wound in each skirmish).

NOTE: Steeled has appeared in other DC sets here on CC.
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 pm; edited 9 times in totalI don't like YOU.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:05 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m a huge fan of both Dwarves and goblins, so I’m looking forward to more. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:38 pm
Some slight updates
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I will miss out on the first batch of cards but sounds cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:04 pm
Ok, I see people complaining that "Dwarves never got cool cards again after Reflections", so, to put a stop to those complaining fellas’ ranting, here are my set’s very first previews!

- Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
- The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

I know, I know, some of you might be thinking "what the?" but hey, what makes a set great is how their cards play and interact with each other, and this fella right here happens to interact NICELY with the whole block’s theme, so it’s only fair that he should be brought back!
But please, DO stay tuned, because there WILL be a new card for you before the end of the day... What? What’s that? You want more spoilers NOW? You’re a hungry little fella, ain’t you? You just can’t wait... oh, I know! I’ll give you something to thrive about ’till the end of the day! There’s another cute little bearded guy coming back to party, you know. And he just happens to be the life of the party, because he’ll always come with a grip full of fun stuff for everyone! But careful, ’cause he tends to hog it all to himself... But it’s all good, we love him anyway. Yep, you guessed it right, I’m talking about:

- Durin III, Dwarven Lord
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:09 pm
So, here’s our currently spoiler list:

Commons (5 out of 40)
Uncommons (3 out of 38 )
Rares (4 out of 34)
Promos (0 out of 2)
Starters (2 out of 8 )

The One Ring:
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring (S)

Dwarven cards:
Dain Ironfoot, Frenzied King (R)
Durin III, Dwarven Lord (R)
Dwarven Belt (C)
Dwarven Helm (U)
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges (R)
Hand Axe (C)
Naim, Fearless Warrior (U)

Moria cards:
Goblin Nest (S)
Goblin Swarms (R)
Orc Bow (C)
Overwhelming Strength (C)
The Balrog, Durin’s Bane (C)
The Balrog, Leader of the Host (U)

Sites:
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:34 pm; edited 9 times in totalI don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:51 pm
Ok, so besides a few updates in the main post, here goes nothing! First spoiler to come out:

3Dain Ironfoot, Frenzied King Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Berserker. Damage +1.
When you play Dain Ironfoot, you may have him come into play with X wounds to make him twilight cost -X.

For he was the great king under the mountain, and none would stand in his way to victory.

R

Plus, I’m proud to announce some other cards that are coming back:

- The Balrog, Durin’s Bane
- Goblin Swarms
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in totalI don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:01 pm
Looks good, except for a couple minor nitpicks: berserker should come before damage +1, and the wording should be "...with X wounds to make his twilight cost -X." Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 pm
Thanks, GP for being the first reviewer. Fixed it (never realized they came in alphabetical order, thanks for the tip), except for the "his" part. Twilight cost IS one of the attributes of the cards, so, the ability affects HIM (Dain) by lowering the twilight cost. So, as you’d say "he is strength +X/-X", I’ve decided to go with "he IS twilight cost -X" rather than "his twilight cost is -X", thus, the use of "him", "make him twilight cost -X". I know, minor nitpick of mine, but I just think it ties better with the idea that he’s a character rather than a card.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:26 pm
And here’s the last spoiler for the remainder of the day. But DO join me tomorrow, as we’ll start out with one cool spoiler...

0 Overwhelming Strength Moria
Event • Skirmish
Make a Moria Orc strength +2 for each minion in its skirmish.

C
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards