LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:08 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Lem0n: what’s wrong with the Queen of Spiders herself?

Talking of Her Ladyship, here’s the first and only card (in this set) tying Sauron and Gollum Spiders together:

0 Black Night Sauron
Event • Shadow
Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to reinforce 2 Sauron or Gollum tokens.
Bilbo tried flapping his hand in front of his nose, but he could not see it at all.
H1 C 216
cool!

And the first and only Spider token card in the set:

1 The Lost Path Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play a Spider to add a Sauron token here.
Regroup: Spot a Spider and remove 3 tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site.
’Good-bye! Be good, take care of yourselves - and DON’T LEAVE THE PATH!’
H1 U 214
weird very weird IMHO

And one of my favourite cards in the set:

0 • Shadow of the Necromancer Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Sauron or Wraith card.
Shadow: Play a minion to add a threat. Discard this condition at the start of the maneuver phase.
’... and even you, Bilbo, won’t need me to tell you tales of that black sorceror.’
H1 R 235

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:18 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Eh, the lore’s kinda so-so for the card, but the text and all is fine. Actually, perhaps the first part should be worded "Each time you play a Sauron Spider, add a Sauron token here." I also think it should be unique.

As long as it’s worded the way it is, it doesn’t have to be unique, because you can only use 1 Shadow action at a time and therefore only 1 token on 1 card. If you think it’s better unique with effectively the same text, then I’ll change it, but then it combines with Shadow of the Necromancer.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Yikes. Raise the cost significantly, and again, perhaps reword like "Each time you play a minion during the Shadow phase, add a threat." The discarding needs to be on a seperate line, too.

Sorry, it’s not totally clear. The discarding thing is on the same line because it’s part of the ability. If you don’t use the ability, it stays there for as long as you like it. But, as soon as you use it even once, you have to discard it at the end of the Shadow phase. I also like it as a Shadow action so you can’t combine it with cards like The Lost Path. This stops infinite loops like cast from the hall, but if you think it’s unnecessary, I’ll change it.

Thanks for all your reviews, but I’m reluctant to raise its cost - I want it to be a powerful card. There are always supreme cards like captured by the ring or dark approach, and I like this being one of them (though it’s not much compared to those 2 I’ve mentioned).

Now to finish off the Sauron culture:

4 Mirkwood Spinner Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
Shadow: Spot another Sauron Spider and exert this minion to add 3. The Free Peoples player may add a threat to prevent this.
’Old fat spider spinning in a tree! / Old fat spider can’t see me!’
H1 C 230

2 Fat-Bodied Spider Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 6
Vit: 3
When you play this minion, you may discard a Sauron card from play to add 1 (or 3 if that card was a Spider).
It had thought of starting the feast while the others were away, but Mr Baggins was in a hurry.
H1 R 220

6 Spider Swarm Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 12
Toil 1
Skirmish:
Remove a threat to Lock (cancel the game text) all characters in this skirmish until the regroup phase.
As quick as lightning they came running and swinging towards the hobbit, flinging out their long threads in all directions.
H1 U 239

1 Bulbous Eyes Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Make a Spider gain terror 1 (each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player exert 1 companion) until the regroup phase (or terror 2 if you can spot 6 companions).
And sometimes they would gleam down from the branched just above him, and that was most terrifying.
H1 U 217

And continuing my Shadow cycle (first post 4th card):

0 • Waving Snares Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Sauron Spider.
Each time a spider is Locked, you may discard this condition to Lock a companion until the regroup phase.
... already some spiders were in the trees above them and throwing down their long clinging threads.
H1 U 242

Next time it will be Shire with some lovely riddles and such-like in a new post.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:28 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 am
Thranduil wrote:

3 Mirkwood Spinner Sauron
Minion • Spider
Shadow: Spot another Sauron Spider and exert this minion to add 3. The Free Peoples player may add a threat to prevent this.
H1 C 230

Quality, maybe a bit undercosted not sure.

Minion • Spider
When you play this minion, you may discard a Sauron card from play to add 2 (or 3 if that card was a Spider).
It had thought of starting the feast while the others were away, but Mr Baggins was in a hurry.
H1 R 220

Awesome again.

5 Spider Swarm Sauron
Minion • Spider
Vit: 4
Toil 1
Skirmish:
Remove a threat to Lock (cancel the game text) all characters in this skirmish until the regroup phase.
As quick as lightning they came running and swinging towards the hobbit, flinging out their long threads in all directions.
H1 U 239

Needs to cost 6 if it has toil and 12 strength as well as awesome gametext.

1 Bulbous Eyes Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Make a Spider terror 1 (each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player exert 1 companion) until the regroup phase (or terror 2 if you can spot 6 companions).
And sometimes they would gleam down from the branched just above him, and that was most terrifying.
H1 U 217

Very nice. Should it be "make it gain terror 1"?

0 • Waving Snares Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time a spider is Locked, you may discard this condition to Lock a companion until the regroup phase.
... already some spiders were in the trees above them and throwing down their long clinging threads.
H1 U 242

Yeah cool. Good batch! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
3 Mirkwood Spinner Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 C 230

I think I’d raise the cost to 4, especially considering the easy twilight addition.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Spider
When you play this minion, you may discard a Sauron card from play to add 2 (or 3 if that card was a Spider).
H1 R 220

Make it 1 and 2, methinks.

Thranduil wrote:
6 Spider Swarm Sauron
Minion • Spider
Vit: 4
Toil 1
Skirmish:
H1 U 239

I think it should be "all characters skirmishing this minion". 6 is a little cheap...I’d do 7.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Bulbous Eyes Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Make a Spider gain terror 1 (each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player exert 1 companion) until the regroup phase (or terror 2 if you can spot 6 companions).
H1 U 217

Thran is using parenthesis! Jot this date down! Razz

Thranduil wrote:
0 • Waving Snares Sauron
Condition • Support Area
H1 U 242

Since it can only happen once, I think it should be "Response: If a Spider is Locked....". But maybe not. *shrug*
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:30 am
Thanks guys, and I’ve made some of Dain’s recommended changes (I took down the Spider Swarm’s vitality instead of raising its cost). Sauron culture is now finished and all the cards are now on the first post. Next we’re on to Shire, and you’ll be pleased to know that there’s not much left.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah Dancing GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards