LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Spider’s Web Sauron
Possession • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove a threat to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Bearer is Locked. (their game text is cancelled)
It took him ages to get the beastly stuff out of his eyes and eybrows, and as for his beard, he had to cut most of it off.
H1 C 240
cool! misspelled canceled and eyebrows.

1 Spider Venom Sauron
Skirmish: Transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer heals, you may add a threat.
... it was trying to poison him to keep him quiet, as small spiders do to flies...
H1 C 238
maybe or add 2

2 • Abominable Threads Sauron
Each Spider is strength +1 for each Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing.
Regroup: Spot a Spider to transfer a possession from your support area to a companion. Discard all tokens and cards on that possession. Discard this possession.
The nastiest things they saw were the cobwebs: dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H1 R 215

works. what would happen if you transferred say wildmens oath? or scaffolding
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:35 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
works. what would happen if you transferred say wildmens oath? or scaffolding

You’d technically still be able to use their abilities, but the discarding stacked cards and tokens is to discourage that.

Now for some fun events:

1 Hunting and Spinning Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Sauron Spider to exhaust a character bearing a Sauron possession.
With that he turned and found that the last space between two tall trees had been closed with a web...
H1 U 225

0 Quick As Lightning Sauron
Event • Shadow
Remove a threat to play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. You may then exert it to play a Sauron possession from your discard pile.
But there were still five dwarves hanging at the end of the branch when the spiders began to come back, more full of rage than ever.
H1 R 234

0 Froth and Rage Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. Then, you may exert it and remove 1 to add a threat.
’Now we see you, you nasty little creature!’
H1 U 221

2 Gathering Gloom Sauron
Event • Assignment
Remove a threat to assign a Sauron spider to an unbound companion. You may repeat this for each companion over 5.
It was not long before they grew to hate the forest as heartily as they had hated the tunnels of the goblins.
H1 R 222

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:13 pm; edited 5 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

0 Hunting and Spinning Sauron
Event • Maneuver
With that he turned and found that the last space between two tall trees had been closed with a web...
H1 U 225
maybe or lock.

Event • Shadow
Remove a threat to play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. You may then exert it to play a Sauron possession from your discard pile.
But there were still five dwarves hanging at the end of the branch when the spiders began to come back, more full of rage than ever.
H1 U 234
cool!

0 Froth and Rage Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. Then, you may exert it and remove 1 to add a threat.
H1 R 221
works. underpowered for a rare...cut the exert it.

1 Gathering Gloom Sauron
Event • Assignment
Remove a threat to assign a Sauron spider to an unbound companion. You may repeat this for each companion over 5.
It was not long before they grew to hate the forest as heartily as they had hated the tunnels of the goblins.
H1 R 222

I wuv it! make it cost more though maybe 2-3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:38 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Hunting and Spinning Sauron
Event • Maneuver
H1 U 225

Up cost, too nasty on its own, needs to be 3 at least.

Event • Shadow
H1 U 234

Yup cool. Should be rare.

0 Froth and Rage Sauron
Event • Shadow
Play a Sauron Spider from your discard pile. Then, you may remove 1 to add a threat.
H1 R 221

Should cost 1.

2 Gathering Gloom Sauron
Event • Assignment
H1 R 222

Cool.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:13 pm
I’ve swapped the rarities on the recursion cards. Thanks guys!

I’m not sure about Hunting and Spinning though, Lem0n. After all, the Sauron possessions only transfer in the skirmish or regroup phase, never before so you have to keep this card for a whole turn in order to use it. I’ll bring it up to 1 at least, and if you still have a problem I’m sure you won’t hesitate to let me know! (Though I’ve just realised you can use it with orc slaughterer!)

Now for some more funky events, this time all related to forests.

1 Dim Shadows Sauron
Event • Response
This event’s twilight cost is -1 at a forest site.
If a special ability is used, spot 2 Spiders and remove a threat (or spot 6 companions) to Lock (the ability is cancelled) it until the end of the turn.
The entrance to the path was like a sort of arch leading to a gloomy tunnel...
H1 U 218

2 Muffled Yelp Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron Spider strength -1 and Lock (their game text is cancelled) him or her until the end of the turn.
But the cries of the others got steadily further and fainter...
H1 U 231

0 Now We See You! Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron Spider to make a Spider strength +2 (or +3 at a forest site).
’I am far more sweet than other meat, / But still they cannot find me!’
H1 C 232

0 Patch of Midnight Sauron
Event • Shadow
Spot 2 Spiders to replace the current site with a forest site from your adventure deck.
... not what you call pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
H1 C 233

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:26 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Dim Shadows Sauron
Event • Response
If a special ability is used, spot 2 Sauron Spiders and remove a threat (or spot 6 companions) to Lock (the ability is cancelled) it until the end of the turn.
H1 U 218

I think I’d allow any ol’ 2 Spiders, so Shelob could get in on the fun. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
2 Muffled Yelp Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron Spider strength -1 Lock (their game text is cancelled) him or her until the end of the turn.
H1 U 231

You need either an "and" or a period in there.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Now We See You! Sauron
Event • Skirmish
H1 C 232

Good.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Shadow
Spot a Sauron Spider to replace the current site with a forest site from your adventure deck.
... not what you call pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
H1 C 233

Also good.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:44 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Dim Shadows Sauron
Event • Response
If a special ability is used, spot 2 Sauron Spiders and remove a threat (or spot 6 companions) to Lock (the ability is cancelled) it until the end of the turn.
H1 U 218

Yeah fine.

2 Muffled Yelp Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron Spider strength -1 Lock (their game text is cancelled) him or her until the end of the turn.
H1 U 231

Silly title but ok Razz Clean up the lock part with punctuation or rephrasing. Sound otherwise.

0 Now We See You! Sauron
Event • Skirmish
H1 C 232

Do you have more than 1 culture of spider?

Event • Shadow
Spot a Sauron Spider to replace the current site with a forest site from your adventure deck.
H1 C 233

Make it spot 2 spiders. But cool.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:32 am
Lem0n: what’s wrong with the Queen of Spiders herself?

Talking of Her Ladyship, here’s the first and only card (in this set) tying Sauron and Gollum Spiders together:

0 Black Night Sauron
Event • Shadow
Lock a Spider until the regroup phase to reinforce 2 Sauron or Gollum tokens.
Bilbo tried flapping his hand in front of his nose, but he could not see it at all.
H1 C 216

And the first and only Spider token card in the set:

1 The Lost Path Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play a Spider to add a Sauron token here.
Regroup: Spot a Spider and remove 3 tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site.
’Good-bye! Be good, take care of yourselves - and DON’T LEAVE THE PATH!’
H1 U 214

And one of my favourite cards in the set:

0 • Shadow of the Necromancer Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Sauron or Wraith card.
Shadow: Play a minion to add a threat. Discard this condition at the start of the maneuver phase.
’... and even you, Bilbo, won’t need me to tell you tales of that black sorceror.’
H1 R 235

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Black Night Sauron
Event • Shadow
Bilbo tried flapping his hand in front of his nose, but he could not see it at all.
H1 C 216

Looks good to me.

Thranduil wrote:
1 The Lost Path Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Spot a Spider and remove 3 tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site.
H1 U 214

Eh, the lore’s kinda so-so for the card, but the text and all is fine. Actually, perhaps the first part should be worded "Each time you play a Sauron Spider, add a Sauron token here." I also think it should be unique.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play a minion to add a threat. Discard this condition at the start of the maneuver phase.
’... and even you, Bilbo, won’t need me to tell you tales of that black sorceror.’
H1 R 235

Yikes. Raise the cost significantly, and again, perhaps reword like "Each time you play a minion during the Shadow phase, add a threat." The discarding needs to be on a seperate line, too.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:55 am
Thranduil wrote:
Lem0n: what’s wrong with the Queen of Spiders herself?

Embarassed How much of a dumbass am i?

0 Black Night Sauron
Event • Shadow
H1 C 216

Cool card.

1 The Lost Path Sauron
Condition • Support Area
H1 U 214

Yeah excellent.

Condition • Support Area
H1 R 235

Oooo nice, make it cost at least 1 though.

Thranduil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards