LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
should be worded each spider gains toil 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 am
Thranduil wrote:
Let’s have a solid condition to develop the strategy and give lem0n another reason for healing spiders:

3 • Spider-Colony Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Spider is played, it gains toil 1.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal a spider.
... he saw that it was made by spider-webs one behind and over and tangled with one another.
H1 U 237

Thranduil

I agree with SoP, and also think the card is good but needs a downside maybe like each spider is strength -1 or something to counter the fact youre getting spiders for cheaper and the exertions are useful.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:55 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
3 • Spider-Colony Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Spider is played, it gains toil 1.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal a spider.
... he saw that it was made by spider-webs one behind and over and tangled with one another.
H1 U 237

I agree with SoP, and also think the card is good but needs a downside maybe like each spider is strength -1 or something to counter the fact youre getting spiders for cheaper and the exertions are useful.

I agree with both, especially SoP. As you have it worded now, Thran, your Spiders won’t get any toil benefits, since they’ve already been played by the time they get toil.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:20 am
Thanks guys, I’ve changed the wording, tagged on a disadvantage and lowered the cost. If there’s still a problem, I’m sure you’ll let me know!

Here are some more funky spiders using threats, followed by a funky condition:

2 Mirkwood Scuttler Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 7
Vit: 2
Sit: 6
Shadow: Remove 2 threats and exert this minion to add 4.
... the creatures, whatever they were, were careful never to let their bodies show in the little flicker of the flames.
H1 C 228

3 Mirkwood Hunter Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make another Spider strength +2 (or +3 at a forest site).
... at once the whole lot of them came hurrying after the hobbit... hairy legs waving, nippers and spinners snapping, eyes popping, full of froth and rage.
H1 C 227

Spiders love threats, and also Locking things, and this card conveniently combines the 2.

2 • Huge and Horrible Sauron
Condition
Str: +3
Vit: +1
Bearer must be a Sauron spider.
Bearer is Locked (their game text is blank)
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot another Spider to add a threat. The Free Peoples player may Lock (cancel their game text) a companion until the regroup phase to prevent this.
He could only see the thing’s eyes, but he could feel its hairy legs...
H1 R 224

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 am
Thranduil wrote:
Thanks guys, I’ve changed the wording, tagged on a disadvantage and lowered the cost. If there’s still a problem, I’m sure you’ll let me know!

Awesome adjustment Thran.

Here are some more funky spiders using threats, followed by a funky condition:

Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove 2 threats and exert this minion to add 5.
... the creatures, whatever they were, were careful never to let their bodies show in the little flicker of the flames.
H1 C 228

Hmmm interesting balance. Not sure if it is fair but good card. Maybe add 4? Dunno.

3 Mirkwood Hunter Sauron
Minion • Spider
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make another Spider strength +2 (or +3 at a forest site).
... at once the whole lot of them came hurrying after the hobbit... hairy legs waving, nippers and spinners snapping, eyes popping, full of froth and rage.
H1 C 227

Cool card.

Spiders love threats, and also Locking things, and this card conveniently combines the 2.

Condition
Shadow: Exert this minion and spot another Spider to add a threat. The Free Peoples player may Lock (cancel their game text) a companion until the regroup phase to prevent this.
H1 R 224

Hmmm heres that locked thing again! Not sure about this, interesting definately, but not sure on its usefulness. Ok.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Spider
Shadow: Remove 2 threats and exert this minion to add 5.
H1 C 228
make it add 4...IMHO

3 Mirkwood Hunter Sauron
Minion • Spider
H1 C 227
cool!

Condition
H1 R 224

GP for the italics.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:28 am
Changed the twilight addition - thanks guys!

Previously the territory of only Gollum, here is a web and some other possessions.

1 Spider’s Web Sauron
Possession • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove a threat to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Bearer is Locked. (their game text is cancelled)
It took him ages to get the beastly stuff out of his eyes and eybrows, and as for his beard, he had to cut most of it off.
H1 C 240

1 Spider Venom Sauron
Skirmish: Transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
Each time bearer heals, you may add a threat.
... it was trying to poison him to keep him quiet, as small spiders do to flies...
H1 C 238

2 • Abominable Threads Sauron
Each Spider is strength +1 for each Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing.
Regroup: Spot a Spider to transfer a possession from your support area to a companion. Discard all tokens and cards on that possession. Discard this possession.
The nastiest things they saw were the cobwebs: dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H1 R 215

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:32 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Spider’s Web Sauron
Skirmish: Remove a threat to transfer this possession to a companion skirmishing a Spider.
It took him ages to get the beastly stuff out of his eyes and eybrows, and as for his beard, he had to cut most of it off.
H1 C 240

Ok fair enough. Maybe up cost to 2?

1 Spider Venom Sauron
... it was trying to poison him to keep him quiet, as small spiders do to flies...
H1 C 238

Bit evil but balanced.

Each Spider is strength +1 for each Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing.
Regroup: Spot a Spider to transfer a possession from your support area to a companion. Discard all tokens and cards on that possession. Discard this possession.
The nastiest things they saw were the cobwebs: dark dense cobwebs with threads extraordinarily thick...
H1 R 215

Very nice.

Thranduil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:36 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Spider’s Web Sauron
H1 C 240

It works. Perhaps up the cost a little.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Spider Venom Sauron
H1 C 238

Way too good, in my opinion. You need some cost or condition for transferring it, like perhaps only transferring when the companion loses.

Thranduil wrote:
H1 R 215

Balanced here, yeah. Good stuff.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:51 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Way too good, in my opinion. You need some cost or condition for transferring it, like perhaps only transferring when the companion loses.

I’m not too sure. Healing doesn’t happen that often, and it’s ability is worse than black breath as it doesn’t stop them healing and there is a maximum number of threats you can have. Same reason I’m unsure about raising the cost of the web, because threats are limited and precious. Convince me and I’ll change them!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards