LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
In our player group we have issued errata for certain cards;

You Do Not Know Pain and Land Had Changed now read to Liberate a site that Shadow player controls

Steward’s Tomb now reads "While not at a sanctuary..."

The Faithful Stone has been changed quite a bit. First off it’s now unique, tokens are added by spotting a gondor man. Remove 4 tokens to prevent a minion from assigning. Also Tokens cannot be reinforced on this condition.

Frenzy of Arrows has "The Free Peoples Player may discard any number of Followers" listed as the first sentence on the card.

Namarie is unique.

New Chapter now is "each time a Shire follower is played".

Prized Lagan’s phase action has the added text of spotting a Shire companion and adding a threat...

Ents Marching, Ranger of the North, and Pull of the Ring’s effects last until the regroup phase

Gil-Galad, High King of the Noldor the Regroup ability is stated "Remove an Elven token and exert Gil-Galad to play an Elven condition from your discard pile"

Faramir, Captain of Ithilien’s phase action has been eliminated and now has the gametext "At the start of the Maneuver Phase you may exert Faramir to heal another companion with Resistance 5 or more"

Gothmog, Morgul Leader’s Regroup ability reads "Remove 2 and exert Gothmog to play an Orc minion from your discard pile"

Grond, Forged with Black Steel has the added text of removing the cards from the Free Peoples Draw Deck.

A minion that is killed isn’t discarded.

Dispatched with Haste’s regroup action now can only be used if you can spot a Shadow Possession.

Final Triumph "cannot overwhelm a companion" is added to the game text of the card.

I think that is it besides Destroyers and Usurpers and the Age’s End Nertea. It’s sad that this much has to be done in order to create some competitive balance in the game. We decided it better to errata than to X-List. It’s not that many to remember, but I also used to play SWCCG and STCCG 1st Edition so errata isn’t too foreign to us. But if Decipher issues a CRD Pray or a Players Council is formed and issues rulings we will probably follow them instead.
Last edited by Gandalf's Evil Twin on Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:43 am
Thats a really good set of errata i might suggest those to our group. Cheers GET GP
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 am
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
Forgot to add The Faithful Stone to the list.
Hedgehog81
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:03 am
To The faithfull stone i’ll add only the gondor enforcement
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:29 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Very good errata! These will most certainly be suggested to the Player’s Council, when it gets formed. GP
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 am
I’m part of GET’s player group and I have to say these erratas we’ve agreed on are very good and the gameplay has been balanced thus far. Very Happy
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Very good errata! These will most certainly be suggested to the Player’s Council, when it gets formed. GP

Exactly what I was thinking. Have you contibuted these ideas to that forum that was made? I think it would be a good idea. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Currently, no. I’m still waiting on Seth. But feel free to toss these in there.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Currently, no. I’m still waiting on Seth. But feel free to toss these in there.

I was actually talking to GET, but that’s okay. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice Erratra. I will have to convince BTO to adopt the erratra for namarie.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion