LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, so "Ban the Hobbits" is a bit out there. But hey, I needed to get attention, and it seemed to work for the Orc-banners.

Anyhow, in the frenzy of witch-hunting known as "finding broken cards" that has now ensued, there’s one culture that’s been mostly overlooked: the humble Hobbits. Why? Because it’s more popular to hate Orcs than it is to hate Hobbits. I mean, Hobbits are nice people...and orcs...well, they’re just nasty.

Anyhow, to my most pressing point. Home and Hearth. Herein lies one of the most abused cards in the Shire culture, because with it, it’s possible to remove an insane amount of burdens in a Hobbit deck. Combo with Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer, and it’s too much.

So here’s my suggestion. If we’re doing a CC format, I petition the makers to R-list Home and Hearth. That way, it can still be used, but it won’t have the massive impact that it does currently, and a perfectly good card (the Great Ring) can now be used without fear of brokenness, because no other deck peels off 8 burdens per site.

Are you with me?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:45 pm
BAN Dunland!

Laughing

Really, the only way its broken is with The Great Ring. And against corruption, its a little NPE, but other than that...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:10 pm
NBarden wrote:

Really, the only way its broken is with The Great Ring. And against corruption, its a little NPE, but other than that...

A "little" NPE? Excuse me, but how am I supposed to peel off 8 burdens a turn and get myself corrupted? It’s not possible! What shadow (besides the auto-corrupt) adds 20 burdens at any time?

And the Great Ring just sheds light on the need to restrict this card. Burdens are not supposed to come off so easily.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:50 pm
Still got to think the ring has something to do with this. The Deck NBarden posted was made by manu-fan and he played it and said he didn’t think it was broken. That deck was built to abuse the ring. I find that interesting, but I still contend that this ring is horrible at site nine. It has an O, Elebereth feeling to me. Like Lagan. One of those cards that can win you a game at site nine.

If you make it to nine with minimal threats and minimal burdens. You have no chance of winning. Threats will be added minions will lose fierce. Burdens added. Frodo will be strength 30.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but then the pippin engine dies! the problem is, it is only broken in one type of deck, in others it is almost a necessity. IDK what you can do about it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:19 pm
Ban the Raider Corsairs along with R-listing Home and Hearth, and we’ve got it made. Very Happy
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
Ban the Raider Corsairs along with R-listing Home and Hearth, and we’ve got it made. Very Happy

but corsairs are my precious Wink I don’t think they are broken.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Solution: R-list The Great Ring.

Wink
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:17 pm
menace64 wrote:
Solution: R-list The Great Ring.

Wink

Either R-list the ring, or R-list Home and Hearth. Most probably the Ring. BAN THE RING!!!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:34 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
but then the pippin engine dies!

And there’s a problem with that? IMO, a deck which peels off 8 burdens a site (i.e. broken Pippin) needs to be toned down anyway. Removing burdens ain’t the only thing this engine does. It can still use Make Haste. This will just make it milder, and less OP.

R-listing the Great Ring...aye, that’s a brilliant idea! Very Happy

Now, look at it this way...you say Home and Hearth is only broken in some decks, but a necessity in others. Guess what? I say the same thing about the Great Ring.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion