LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

8 • Bert, Eater of Mutton Orc
Minion • Troll
Str: 14
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
Fierce.
The twilight cost of William and Tom is -2.
Shadow: Exert Bert twice to make an Orc Troll gain Terror 1 (each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may make the Free Peoples player exert a companion) until the regroup phase.
’Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, of it don’t look like mutton again tomorrer.’
H1 C 149
GP for the italics text

8 • Tom, Wanter of Manflesh Orc
Minion • Troll
Str: 15
Fierce.
The twilight cost of Bert and William is -2.
Each time Tom wins a skirmish, you may draw 2 cards.
’Never a blinking bit of manflesh have we had for long enough...’
H1 U 203
it works.

8 • William, Speaker of Reason Orc
Minion • Troll
Str: 12
Fierce.
The twilight cost of Tom and Bert is -2.
William is strength +1 for each card you have in hand.
’You’ve et a village and a half between yer, since we come down from the mountains. How much more d’yer want?
H1 R 214

I guess.
I think you should knock all the twilight reduction down to -1.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm
Now you’ve seen the Trolls themselves, here are some support cards, starting with Bert’s favourite meal:

1 Roast Mutton Orc
Possession • Support Area
When you play this possession, you may heal an Orc Troll twice.
Skirmish: If an Orc Troll is skirmishing, discard this possession to draw a card.
’And time’s been up our way, when yer’d have said "thank yer Bill" for a nice bit o’ valley mutton like what this is.’
H1 C 193

2 Filthy Sack Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +1
Bearer must be an Orc Troll.
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may Lock (cancel the game text) a special ability of a companion it is skirmishing until the end of the regroup phase.
But just at the moment, William came up behind and popped a sack right over Thorin’s head and down to his toes.
H1 R 159

2 • Troll’s Hoard Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Orc Troll at a forest site, you may play an Orc possession from your discard pile.
Shadow: Exert an Orc Troll to add 1 for each weapon you can spot (limit 3). Discard this condition.
’And time’s been up our way, when yer’d have said "thank yer Bill" for a nice bit o’ valley mutton like what this is.’
H1 U 204

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:06 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Thranduil wrote:
1 Roast Mutton Orc
Skirmish: If an Orc Troll is skirmishing, discard this possession to draw a card.
H1 C 193

Good. Smile

Thranduil wrote:
2 Filthy Sack Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +3
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may Lock (cancel the game text) a special ability of a companion it is skirmishing until the end of the regroup phase.
But just at the moment, William came up behind and popped a sack right over Thorin’s head and down to his toes.
H1 R 159

I would make the strength bonus +1. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
2 • Troll’s Hoard Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Orc Troll, you may play an Orc possession from your discard pile.
Shadow: Exert an Orc Troll to add 1 for each weapon you can spot (limit 3). Discard this condition.
H1 U 204

I would raise the cost to 4. Neat cards! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Now you’ve seen the Trolls themselves, here are some support cards, starting with Bert’s favourite meal:

1 Roast Mutton Orc
H1 C 193

cool! i like this a lot.

2 Filthy Sack Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
H1 R 159

ok, i think the ability fits well with what the sack did, but strength +3!!! that’s a little high for a sack. maybe +1 would be better. +1 seems more sackish.

2 • Troll’s Hoard Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play an Orc Troll, you may play an Orc possession from your discard pile.
H1 U 204

whoa, powerful. it should have one of those drawback texts like, "regroup: exert a troll twice or discard this condition"

Thranduil
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:01 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Roast Mutton Orc
H1 C 193

Yup sound card.

2 Filthy Sack Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
H1 R 159

Thats one heck of a sack! Id reduce the strength or else i gotta get me a filthy sack! Sound otherwise, very powerful.

2 • Troll’s Hoard Orc
Condition • Support Area
H1 U 204

Bloody hell. Op Thran! Everytime a troll is played this guarantees a weapon? Needs to say you may exert that troll to play it.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:36 am
Changed the sack to +1 and Troll’s Hoard now only works at forest sites. If there’s still a problem, don’t hesitate to tell me.

Thanks for all your reviews!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 am
Nope no problems, thats loads better good ingenuity on the forest thing and much more themed! Thumbs Up
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:34 am
Okay, some more support cards for our favourite messy eaters:

1 Awful Howl Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing an Orc minion strength -1 for each Orc Troll you can spot. Unless that companion is a Dwarf, they may exert to prevent this.
Trolls simply detest the very sight of dwarves (uncooked).
H1 U 148

1 Great Strength Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Troll strength +1 for each Orc condition you can spot (limit +4).
’I won’t take that from you, Bill Huggins,’ says Bert and puts his fist in William’s eye.
H1 U 180

0 Can Yer Cook ’Em? Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot an Orc Troll and discard an Orc card from play to add 3.
’Yer can try.’
H1 R 150

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:56 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Awful Howl Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing an Orc minion strength -1 for each Orc Troll you can spot. Unless that companion is a Dwarf, they may exert to prevent this.
H1 U 148

Niiiice. And very in keeping with the story.

1 Great Strength Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Troll strength +1 for each Orc condition you can spot.
’I won’t take that from you, Bill Huggins,’ says Bert and puts his fist in William’s eye.
H1 U 180

Wow, with the amount of Orc conditions there are and how many are free this is way OP. I mean you could easily get out 4 unforgiving depths and great costs for nothing and no spotting, let alone any that you create for this set, and this gives +8. Needs a limit or a cost of 2, or 4 and toil 1.

0 Can Yer Cook ’Em? Orc
Event • Shadow
’Yer can try.’
H1 R 150

Probably a bit too good, make it target something specific like a minion or possession etc.. so you cant just choose a crappy condition or whatever is most convinient. This is funny in multiplayer with someone playing orcs. Smile

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:35 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still think you should drop the twilight reductions down to -1 on each troll. 4 cost for a 14 strength minion is sickening

Thranduil wrote:

1 Awful Howl Orc
Event • Skirmish
H1 U 148
cool

1 Great Strength Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Troll strength +1 for each Orc condition you can spot.
H1 U 180
give it a limit

0 Can Yer Cook ’Em? Orc
Event • Shadow
’Yer can try.’
H1 R 150

it works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards