LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Given 1 review in nearly 48 hours,

2 Evil Raiders Orc
Event • Maneuver
This event’s twilight cost is -1 for each Orc Warg you can spot.
Add 1 for each Orc minion you can spot.
Just at that moment the wolves trotted howling into the clearing.
H1 C 157
cool!

4 Wicked Deeds Orc
Event • Shadow
Toil 2.
Spot an Orc Warg and an Orc Orc to discard a condition.
... all would have been killed except for the few the goblins kept from the wolves and carried back as prisoners to their caves.
H1 U 212
cut cost to 0 compare to dread and dispair

1 Shuddering Howl Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Warg strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +4).
There were no wolves living near Mr. Baggins’ hole at home, but he knew that noise.
H1 U 195
cool!
Should next time be Trolls or Giants?

giants
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:19 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
cut cost to 0 compare to dread and despair

Good point, but I’d rather not cut the cost. What if I made it 2 conditions, or a condition or possession?

Also, I feel honour-bound to inform you all that the giants probably aren’t that exciting, they’re just a beat-down. I had too many ’johnny’ strategies and I needed a ’timmy’, so I threw in the giants.

Oh, and in case you don’t know I’m referencing a Magic the Gathering article that said there were 3 types of players:

Timmy loves to feel things, so he likes huge creatures (in the Magic terminology) and causing direct damage and slaying as much as possible. Timmy strategies include most beat-down, and he loves Sauron and the huge orcs like the army of udun.

Johnny wants to express himself, so he thinks up crazy and convoluted combos to base his decks around. I’m a johnny player, which makes me a very johnny card designer, as my Eagles, for example, show. Johnny strategies are few and far between in LOTR, the main ones being stacking and tokens.

Spike just wants to win, so he uses efficient cards that are both powerful and cost effective. He’s the kind of person who loves to use his dark approach deck to mercilessly slay all who come before him.

It was a good article.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:55 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
make it 1-2 freeps cards except companion and it is good
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:49 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
make it 1-2 freeps cards except companion and it is good

Then it could discard artifacts. Isn’t that your pet-hate? Razz

I’ll change it to 2 conditions unless anyone objects.

Thanks, SoP.

And here’s a giant to keep you lot going:

10 • Thundering Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Str: 12
Vit: 4
Sit: 5
Fierce. Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, this minion is strength +3.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may exert a companion.
The lightning splinters on the peaks, and rocks shiver, and great crashes split the air and go rolling and tumbling into every cave...
H1 R 202

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:

And here’s a giant to keep you lot going:

8 • Thundering Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Str: 15
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Fierce. Damage +1.
Unless at a mountain site, this minion is strength -3.
The lightning splinters on the peaks, and rocks shiver, and great crashes split the air and go rolling and tumbling into every cave...
H1 R 202

Thranduil

Should probably be strength 12 and worded "While at a mountain site, this minion is strength +3."
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:27 am
Thranduil wrote:

8 • Thundering Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce. Damage +1.
H1 R 202

Why not make not make him 12 strength and say while at a mountain site he is strength +3? Also say spot 2 orc minions as he’s very nasty.
Part from that fair enough, good card.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:01 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
8 • Thundering Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce. Damage +1.
H1 R 202

Why not make not make him 12 strength and say while at a mountain site he is strength +3?.

My thoughts almost exactly. It looks clumsy writing it the way you did; having him be 12 strength and +3 at a mountain looks a lot better. Thumbs Up But a pretty good minion, overall. I think, instead of adding any spotting requirement, I’d up his cost to 10. He isn’t really "allied" with Orcs or anyone else, so he deserves to be a rare, powerful splash minion like The Balrog, in my opinion. If you want, you could simply require spotting another Orc minion for either his strength boost or his skirmish winning ability to work, but I don’t think even that would be necessary.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:59 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
[My thoughts almost exactly. It looks clumsy writing it the way you did; having him be 12 strength and +3 at a mountain looks a lot better. Thumbs Up But a pretty good minion, overall. I think, instead of adding any spotting requirement, I’d up his cost to 10. He isn’t really "allied" with Orcs or anyone else, so he deserves to be a rare, powerful splash minion like The Balrog, in my opinion. If you want, you could simply require spotting another Orc minion for either his strength boost or his skirmish winning ability to work, but I don’t think even that would be necessary.

I like that. Changed it on both counts. Thanks guys. GP to all when I can.

For other giants, however, I want them to spot an Orc minion as firstly they could spot other giants, and secondly they live with the Orcs in the Misty Mountains although they’re not allied (and there aren’t enough giants to make a deck out of on their own).

8 Terrible Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce. Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, this minion gains Terror 1 (each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, you may make them exert 1 of their characters).
More terrible still are thunder and lightning in the mountains at night, when storms come up from East and West and make war.
H1 C 199

6 Mountain Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Str: 13
Fierce.
To play, spot a Giant (or 2 Orc minions).
The current site is a mountain.
’If we don’t get blown off, or drowned, or struck by lightning, we shall be picked up by some giant and kicked sky-high for a football.’
H1 U 191

8 Stone-Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Damage +1. Archer.
At a mountain site, this minion’s twilight cost is -2.
... the stone-giants were out, and were hurling rocks at one another for a game.
H1 R 196

Those are all the giants, next time will be some support cards.

Do you think they still need the spotting requirement?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:50 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
For other giants, however, I want them to spot an Orc minion as firstly they could spot other giants, and secondly they live with the Orcs in the Misty Mountains although they’re not allied (and there aren’t enough giants to make a deck out of on their own).

Fair enough.

Thranduil wrote:
8 Terrible Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce. Damage +1.
While at a mountain site, this minion gains Terror 1 (each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, you may make them exert 1 of their characters).
More terrible still are thunder and lightning in the mountains at night, when storms come up from East and West and make war.
H1 C 199

Keywords before playing requirements, always. I’d almost forgotten about terror...certainly fits well here. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
6 Mountain Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce.
’If we don’t get blown off, or drowned, or struck by lightning, we shall be picked up by some giant and kicked sky-high for a football.’
H1 U 191

Same note about the keyword. Nice ability. Perhaps the spotting requirement should be more specific: "To play, spot a Giant (or 3 Orc minions).

Thranduil wrote:
8 Stone-Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Damage +1. Archer.
... the stone-giants were out, and were hurling rocks at one another for a game.
H1 R 196

I think the archer should be conditional: only if he’s at a mountain (and perhaps underground) site. Good, though. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:25 pm
you were right discarding artifacts is a terrible thing to do Wink
Thranduil wrote:
8 Terrible Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce. Damage +1.
H1 C 199
cool! BUT cut cost to 7

6 Mountain Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Fierce.
To play, spot a Giant (or 2 Orc minions).
H1 U 191
nice!

8 Stone-Giant Orc
Minion • Giant
Damage +1. Archer.
H1 R 196
l

cool!
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards