LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 pm
Made some recommended changes - thanks guys!

Some random conditions now (though these ones are more connected):

2 Dark Lands Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked on this condition, remove 1 to stack an Orc Orc here.
Shadow: Discard an Orc minion to play all minions stacked here. Their twilight costs are each -1. Discard this condition.
Far, far away in the West... Bilbo knew there lay his own country of safe and comfortable things...
H1 U 155

1 Lengthening Shadows Orc
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: If the current site is underground, play an Orc minion to stack an Orc Orc from your discard pile or hand here (limit once per turn).
Assignment: If the current site is underground, discard the top card of your draw deck to play an Orc Orc stacked here.
... they don’t like the sun: it makes their legs wobble and their heads giddy.
H1 U 187

1 In Hundreds Orc
Condition • Support Area
Response: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here and an Orc Orc is killed, you may stack that Orc here.
Shadow: Spot an Orc minion and discard a card stacked here to add 1.
There were six to each dwarf at least, and two even for Bilbo...
H1 C 185

And this continues my Shadow cycle (second post, 3rd card):

1 • Uncanny Echoes Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time an opponent Locks (cancels the game text) one of your cards, you may spot an Orc minion to exert a companion.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to Unlock (restore all Locked game text) each Orc card until the regroup phase.
... they did not dare to sing or talk too loud...
H1 U 205

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:03 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Dark Lands Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked on this condition, stack an Orc Orc here.
Shadow: Discard an Orc minion to play all minions stacked here. Their twilight costs are each -1. Discard this condition.
Far, far away in the West... Bilbo knew there lay his own country of safe and comfortable things...
H1 U 155

Seems a bit too good...either add a cost for stacking the minions here, or get rid of the twilight reduction when you play them.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play an Orc minion to stack an Orc Orc from your discard pile or hand here (limit once per turn).
Assignment: Discard the top card of your draw deck and remove 1 to play an Orc Orc stacked here.
H1 U 187

Considering the title and lore, perhaps limit this to underground or mountain sites.

Thranduil wrote:
1 In Hundreds Orc
Condition • Support Area
Response: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here and an Orc Orc is killed, you may stack that Orc here.
H1 C 185

Okay. Nice swarm supporter.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Uncanny Echoes Orc
Condition • Support Area
Each time an opponent Locks (cancels the game text) one of your cards, you may spot an Orc minion to exert a companion.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to Unlock (restore all Locked game text) all Orc cards until the regroup phase.
H1 U 205

I think it should be "to unlock each Orc card...", but other than that...neat.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Made some recommended changes - thanks guys!

Some random conditions now (though these ones are more connected):

2 Dark Lands Orc
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked on this condition, stack an Orc Orc here.
H1 U 155
would you stack it from hand or from play? cool

Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Play an Orc minion to stack an Orc Orc from your discard pile or hand here (limit once per turn).
Assignment: Discard the top card of your draw deck and remove 1 to play an Orc Orc stacked here.
H1 U 187
I guess

1 In Hundreds Orc
Condition • Support Area
H1 C 185
cool

1 • Uncanny Echoes Orc
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Discard this condition to Unlock (restore all Locked game text) all Orc cards until the regroup phase.
H1 U 205

cool! Gp for the italics.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:00 pm
Dark Lands you’d stack from play.

For Lengthening Shadows, would you object if the first ability was replaced with this:

Shadow: At an underground site, play an Orc minion to stack an Orc Orc from your discard pile here.’

Is it too good without the limit? Would it need ’If you cannot spot X cards stacked here...’ like the others?

Or would it be better if both the first and the second ability required the site to be underground?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hum. thats tough.
I would make the second ability require an underground.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm
Well, I’ve made a non-compromise and now both abilities apply only at underground sites.

Here’s a vertical cycle of minions, followed by a funky possession:

1 Goblin Pillager Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 3
Vit: 1
Sit: 4
Ambush 1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to Lock (cancel the game text) a character this minion is skirmishing (and all cards borne by them) until the regroup phase.
... in those days they sometimes used to go on raids, especially to get food or slaves to work for them.
H1 C 167

1 Goblin Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to wound a character this minion is skirmishing.
... then the goblins and the wolves would have to fight a terrible battle instead of capturing prisoners and devouring people woken suddenly from their sleep.
H1 U 168

1 Goblin Raider Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to discard a possession borne by a character this minion is skirmishing.
Goblins are not afraid of fire, and they soon had a plan which seemed to them most amusing.
H1 R 169

0 Goblin Whip Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Orc Orc.
If bearer is killed in a skirmish, you may wound a character they were skirmishing.
If bearer is killed during the archery phase, you may exert an archer.
... the goblins... set them running as fast as they could in front of them.
H1 C 177

The ambush theme will be the main focus of the next few batches, so don’t worry!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 Goblin Pillager Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to Lock (cancel the game text) a character this minion is skirmishing (and all cards borne by them) until the regroup phase.
... in those days they sometimes used to go on raids, especially to get food or slaves to work for them.
H1 C 167

Minor thing, but I think it should be marked as "Ambush 2." Neat card, though. You MIGHT even be able to get away with making him cost 1, though if you do you may also want to bring the ambush down to 1.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Goblin Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to wound a character this minion is skirmishing.
... then the goblins and the wolves would have to fight a terrible battle instead of capturing prisoners and devouring people woken suddenly from their sleep.
H1 U 168

Again, I think 1 would be okay, perhaps with a reduction in ambush to go along with it.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Goblin Raider Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 and discard this minion to discard a possession borne by a character this minion is skirmishing.
Goblins are not afraid of fire, and they soon had a plan which seemed to them most amusing.
H1 R 169

Ditto here.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Goblin Whip Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer is killed in a skirmish, you may wound the character they were skirmishing.
H1 C 177

"a character" instead of "the character", methinks. And that is indeed a funky possession. Eh?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Thanks Dain - I made your recommended changes.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:48 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Well, I’ve made a non-compromise
def. of a compromise=something that makes everyone feel cheated

1 Goblin Pillager Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
H1 C 167
make it cost 2

1 Goblin Plunderer Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
H1 U 168
cool!

1 Goblin Raider Orc
Minion • Orc
Ambush 1.
H1 R 169
nice

0 Goblin Whip Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
If bearer is killed in a skirmish, you may wound a character they were skirmishing.
H1 C 177

nice make it cost 1 though
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:03 pm
Now that I’ve got my usual two replies, I’ll continue.

Here are just some ambush guys:

1 Goblin Infiltrator Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 4
Ambush 2.
Goblins are found throughout Middle-Earth...
H1 U 164

2 Goblin Scout Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
Ambush 1.
When this minion is assigned to a companion bearing an Orc condition, it gains Ambush 1.
Tidings they had gathered in secret ways; and in all the mountains there was a forging and an arming.
H1 C 171

2 Goblin Spy Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
Ambush 1.
Each time you assign this minion, you may add 3.
Goblins do not usually venture far from their mountains...
H1 C 173

3 Goblin Pack-Master Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 8
Each time this minion is assigned to a skirmish, you may spot 3 Wargs to add 2.
Then they often got the Wargs to help and shared the plunder with them...
H1 C 166

4 Goblin Raiding Party Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 9
Ambush 1.
Each Orc Warg’s site number is -1.
Now it seemed that a great goblin-raid had been planned for that very night.
H1 U 170

Next time will be some juicy Wargs, and we’ll see what the big deal is about ambush.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards