LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
There doesn’t seem to be any real pattern, except you can count on SoP to show up and review any and everything in sight somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 EST. Razz Although look: today he’s in here before noon! It’s a world gone mad. Laughing

*Hums* I’m a spammer born and bred, I am a spammer till I’m dead*stops humming* Its not my fault the library has computers with internet access Razz Gagnut to the left of him, FGF to the right of him, Computer in front of him spammed the sopinator Wink

whoa I am weirder then usual today...
anyway on the to the cards

Thranduil wrote:
Thanks, Dain - you didn’t have to review the first lot of cards! I try not to post more than 5, but sometimes, like with the guys above, when the texts are basically the same I post more.
if you do that expect less reviews and more looks fines. oh and the hobgoblin needs to be toned down to -1 while you can spot a condition

3 Goblin Guard Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 7
Vit: 1
Sit: 4
When you play this minion, you may spot another Orc Orc and discard a Shadow card from hand to draw 2 cards.
’Where is it?’ they cried.
H1 R 162
nice!

3 Goblin Watchman Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
When you play this minion, you may spot another Orc Orc and 6 companions to draw 2 cards.
’We found them sheltering in our Front Porch.’
H1 R 176
cut cost to 2

2 Goblin Lookout Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 6
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc condition borne by a companion to take an Orc event into hand from your discard pile.
They saw him sooner than he saw them.
H1 R 165
unless u r planning to make some methinks there aren’t many orc conditions playable on companions...

why did you repost the last 3?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:40 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Because I’d changed them and I wanted to make you readily aware that I had and to make it easier to review the changes.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
unless u r planning to make some methinks there aren’t many orc conditions playable on companions...

I think that’s my queue:

1 Constant Grumblings Orc
Condition
To play, spot an Orc Orc.
Plays on an unbound companion.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Each Orc Orc skirmishing bearer is strength +1.
Even the good plans of wise wizards like Gandalf and of good friends like Elrond go astray sometimes...
H1 C 152

1 Just Behind Orc
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 2 to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc.
Limit 1 per bearer.
Bearer is strength -1 for each wound on them.
... they put out their torches and they slipped on soft shoes, and they chose out their very quickest runners with the sharpest ears and eyes.
H1 C 186

And while I’m at it:

2 Heavy Spear Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be an Orc Orc.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Orc condition borne a companion it is skirmishing.
Outside the ring of dancing warriors with spears and axes stood the wolves at a respectful distance...
H1 U 184

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:11 am; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:20 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Condition
Bearer is strength -1 for each Orc Orc he or she is skirmishing.
Even the good plans of wise wizards like Gandalf and of good friends like Elrond go astray sometimes...
H1 C 152

When I looked at the title, I thought: "Bearer is hungry." Laughing I looked at all three of these Orc conditions, and I don’t like the idea of making a companion phenominally weak (I do mean phenominally). Decreasing strength should not be this easy; either make only one of these cards (If you do, put a limit on it), or scrap the "strength -" strategy altogether. I would go more along the lines of resistance-lowering conditions to be borne by companions, like Uruk-hai and Men do. Or come up with something completely different. This card seems OP as it is easy to load up a key companion with this to make him strength -4 (Or more, depending). Make it unique. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
1 Just Behind Orc
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing an Orc minion.
Limit 1 per bearer.
... they put out their torches and they slipped on soft shoes, and they chose out their very quickest runners with the sharpest ears and eyes.
H1 C 186

Ignoring my comment about changing the theme: this one’s ok, since there IS a limit on this.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Heavy Spear Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Each companion skirmishing this minion is strength -1 for each Orc condition they bear.
Outside the ring of dancing warriors with spears and axes stood the wolves at a respectful distance...
H1 U 184l

I’d drop the strength bonus. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm
Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Because I’d changed them and I wanted to make you readily aware that I had and to make it easier to review the changes.

sickofpalantirs wrote:

I think that’s my queue:

Condition
Bearer is strength -1 for each Orc Orc he or she is skirmishing.
H1 C 152

OP. Go with a Lost in the Woods type condition instead of strength -. That’s to powerful, easy overwhelm.

1 Just Behind Orc
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing an Orc minion.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 186

So, if you run Orc Archery, you can easily get strength -3? And then that other condition x 4? Sorry, Aragorn, you got overwhelmed by an Isengard Underling.

And while I’m at it:

2 Heavy Spear Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Each companion skirmishing this minion is strength -1 for each Orc condition they bear.
H1 U 184

These three cards comboed means 0 strength companions very easily. Orc is broken enough. Go with strength + for minions skirmishing rather than strength - companions. Still powerful, not broken, though.

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:47 pm
I hadn’t really thought about those cards in combination. Thanks for spotting it guys! GP as soon as possible.

I’ve changed them - how do they look now?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

sickofpalantirs wrote:

I think that’s my queue:
basically Wink

Condition
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 152
it works.

1 Just Behind Orc
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove 2 to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing an Orc Orc.
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 186
cool!

2 Heavy Spear Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer is strength +1 for each Orc condition borne a companion it is skirmishing.
H1 U 184

cut the original bonus to +1 IMHO. though it isn’t necessary.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:23 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Condition
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 152
Thranduil

Cool.

Thranduil wrote:

1 Just Behind Orc
Condition • Support Area
Limit 1 per bearer.
H1 C 186
Thranduil

"them" should be for each wound on the companion, or for each wound on each character involved in the skirmish. Wink

Thranduil wrote:

2 Heavy Spear Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
H1 U 184
Thranduil

I like this one, also.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 am
Sorry for my prolonged absence, and thanks all for your reviews!

Here are some random events:

1 Crooked Way Orc
Event • Shadow
To play, spot an Orc minion and choose either mountain or underground. Until the end of the turn, each site gains the chosen keyword.
... most of the paths were cheats and deceptions and led nowhere or to bad ends...
H1 U 153

0 Not Afraid of Fire Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot an Orc Orc to play an Orc support area condition from your discard pile.
Soon they had a ring of smoke and flame all round the dwarves...
H1 C 192

0 Cruelty Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a character skirmishing an Orc Orc strength -1 for each Orc minion in that skirmish.
It is not unlikely that they invented some of the machines that have troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once.
H1 R 154

1 Shadow By the Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Spot an Orc Orc to discard a condition. Unless you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent this.
There was a terrible outcry, to-do and disturbance.
H1 C 147

7 Closed Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Toil 2.
Make the move limit -1 for this turn.
’I must get to the door, I must get to the door!’
H1 C 151

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:08 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Sorry for my prolonged absence, and thanks all for your reviews!

Here are some random events:

0 Crooked Way Orc
Event • Shadow
To play, spot an Orc minion and choose either mountain or underground. Until the end of the turn, each site gains the chosen keyword.
... most of the paths were cheats and deceptions and led nowhere or to bad ends...
H1 U 153
cool! make it cost 1

0 Not Afraid of Fire Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot an Orc Orc to play an Orc condition to your support area from your discard pile.
H1 C 192
what if it doesn’t play to your support area? shoudl be worded to play an orc support area condition from your discard pile

1 Cruelty Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make a character skirmishing an Orc Orc strength -1 for each Orc minion in that skirmish.
It is not unlikely that they invented some of the machines that have troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once.
H1 R 154
sure it doesn’t deserve to be a R though U maybe

1 Shadow By the Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Spot an Orc Orc to discard a condition. Unless you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent it.
H1 C 147
cool

3 Closed Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Exert 2 Orc Orcs to make the move limit -1 for this turn.
H1 C 151

make it cost 9 and have toil 2 and it works
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Crooked Way Orc
Event • Shadow
H1 U 153

Yeah, that needs a cost of some kind. I’d do 1 at least.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Not Afraid of Fire Orc
Event • Shadow
Spot an Orc Orc to play an Orc condition to your support area from your discard pile.
H1 C 192

Wording’s a little weird, but I don’t know if it’s technically wrong.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Cruelty Orc
Event • Skirmish
H1 R 154

I think you could get away with this costing 0.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Shadow By the Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Spot an Orc Orc to discard a condition. Unless you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to prevent it.
H1 C 147

"...to prevent this."

Thranduil wrote:
3 Closed Door Orc
Event • Regroup
Exert 2 Orc Orcs to make the move limit -1 for this turn.
H1 C 151

Maybe raise the cost to 4. Not too sure, though. Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards