LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:48 pm
This deck is based simply on Radagast’s Herb Bag, which involves using Gandalf to wound minions completely to death! Someone mentioned it on the T&D thread, and I thought I’d give it a go.

Starting:
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Merry, Swordthain
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion

Gandalf, Powerful Guide
Radagast, The Brown
Erland, Dale Counselor

Gandalf’s Staff
Radagast’s Staff
Narya

Glamdring, Lightning Brand
Shadowfax, Roaring Wind
Radagast’s Herb Bag

Alatar, Final Envoy

Home and Hearth x3
Not the First Halfling
Last Standx2
Behold the White Rider

Strength of Spirit x4
For A While Less Dark x4
Terrible and Evil x3
A Wizard is Never Late x2

The basic idea is you play a spell: (which will be cheaper for Gandalf’s Staff) For A While Less Dark (which is better than mysterious wizard as it works for all Gandalf companions and doesn’t depend on burdens) or Terrible and Evil, then use Gandalf, Powerful Guide bearing Radagast’s Herb Bag, adding a burden and exerting him to wound 2 minions. Then you play Strength of Spirit to place no token for exerting him, and add another burden and exert him for another 2 wounds. Oh, and for each spell you play in Gandalf’s skirmish, he’s damage +1 with Glamdring, Lightning Brand.

You do this as many times as possible through recycling your spells (by Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion and Erland, Dale Counselor), and save Gandalf from death by Intimidation (which also adds burdens to wound people if you want).

The burdens are dealt with easily by the bouncing hobbits and home and hearth and you use Narya and a high resistance Frodo just to make sure (and no bouncing hobbits would be complete without inspiration, which also doubles as recyclable ring-bearer protection).

The tokens for Dasron (unfortunately Erland can’t bring back strength of spirit or terrible and evil) are supplied by last stand and behold the white rider mostly (and the latter wounds minions as well), supported by Shadowfax, roaring wind (who also wounds minions) and Alatar, final envoy, who also makes for a while less dark more effective.

Then, if Gandalf’s getting a bit beat up (even with his 7 vitality), pass on the herb bag to Radagast (who will then have 6 vitality) and do it all over again.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
this deck is evil you know that Laughing
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:16 pm
Hilariously evil. Twisted Evil

I’m a bit worried there are too many cards. Any suggestions of what to cut?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
All Save One might be better than For A While Less Dark. But if you toss in a few copies of G For Grand, you might not need any strength-boosting events at all. Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:43 pm
All save one is rocking, but for a while less dark works for all Gandalf companions, is a spell, and adds +4 to the guy bearing Alatar (and makes Gandalf damage +1 anyway if it’s in his skirmish). Realistically the only other strength boosting option for this deck is mysterious wizard, but it requires you to have few burdens so it wouldn’t work all the time, and it only gives a bonus to Gandalf.

With g for grand, the resistance could pose a serious problem - this deck could easily add 2 or 3 burdens a turn before you get to remove them with home and hearth, so you might be hard pressed to keep the bonus in play, even with Gandalf’s 9 resistance. Obviously the answer would be a measure of comfort, but then you’d have to sacrifice some spells, and without spells you don’t kill everyone!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:25 am
Killer deck matey, roughly akin to the deck I was gonna post on this one Smile Have a GP
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=harrisonl
(needs updating)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best. Film. Ever.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm
If you’re wanting to cut out some cards, the only one that I think you could do without, is a Home and Hearth. I think it’s very good. Have a GP Very Happy
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:14 pm
Thanks. I’ll think about dropping a home and hearth.

The only problem with the deck is that if you’re not very careful and liberal with your spells it has a serious problem double-moving, as you need the events in hand to make it work.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded