LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:14 pm
Changes made. Thanks Dain.

And there are Gollum possessions in the Battle of the Five Armies, or the White Council, I can’t remember, but they’re a bit different...

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:33 am
I’ll now finish off the Gollum culture, as I want to get onto some orcs!

Let’s start with the final Gollum riddle, and the most deadly for you and your opponent (and also ties nicely in with Gollum, Small and Slimy):

1 All Things Devours Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Gollum and choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal your hand. If that number matches the number of characters revealed, discard Gollum and another minion. If it does not, you may play a minion revealed for -4 twilight.
’Slays king, ruins town, / And beats high mountain down.’
H1 R 126

1 Things To Help Us Gollum
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum to choose one: play a Gollum condition or Gollum possession from your draw deck; or remove 1 and play a non-Gollum Shadow possession from your draw deck.
’But it must wait, yes, it must. We can’t go up the tunnels so hasty.’
H1 R 142

That one’s just a nice toolbox card.

1 • It Slipped From Us Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gollum.
Each time a Shadow card is Locked (its game text is made blank) by a Free Peoples card, you may discard a Gollum card from play to add a burden.
Maneuver: Spot Gollum and discard this condition to discard a Free Peoples card borne by a Shadow card.
But who knows how Gollum came by that present, ages ago in the old days...
H1 R 131

That one is part of a cycle of Shadow conditions to go with the cycle of Free Peoples events that Unlock things, just to make your opponent think twice before Locking your cards.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
I’ll now finish off the Gollum culture, as I want to get onto some orcs!

Ooo, I hope you return to Moria at some point in your set.

Thranduil wrote:
1 All Things Devour Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
To play, exert Gollum.
Choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal your hand. If that number matches the number of characters revealed, discard Gollum and another minion. If it does not, you may play a minion revealed for -4 twilight.
H1 R 126

Should be "All Things Devours", shouldn’t it? I also think it should be worded "Exert Gollum to choose an opponent...". I also think the twilight reduction is a little steep...maybe -3.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum and choose one: play a Gollum condition from your draw deck; or remove 1 and play a Shadow possession from your draw deck.
H1 R 142

"Spot Gollum to choose one", methinks. I don’t know exactly what your Gollum possessions will be, but you could add Gollum possession to the first bit and then tweak the second bit to be "non-Gollum Shadow possession". And then you could even change that boat of his to a possession! Very Happy

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gollum.
Each time a Shadow card is Locked (it’s game text is made blank) by a Free Peoples card, you may discard one of your cards from play to add a burden.
Maneuver: Spot Gollum and discard this condition to discard a Free Peoples card borne by a Shadow card.
H1 R 131

No apostrophe in "its"...that’s a BIG pet peeve of mine. Evil or Very Mad "It’s" is ONLY used as a contraction for "it is"; "its" is a possessive pronoun. Get it? Got it? Good. Applause

I think I’d limit the first ability to discarding Gollum cards. MAYBE limit the maneuver ability to FP cards borne by Gollum cards...that way, you can affect Smeagol, too. Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:57 am
Sorry about my grammar, it’s also one of my pet-hates. I’ll change them in a second (and you’re right, the quote is ’Devours’, I’d just never noticed it before!)

The Gollum possessions are of the sticky kind Wink

And originally all my orcs were Moria culture, but then I changed them all to Orc when they changed the culture, as it also made more sense for the Trolls, Giants and Wargs to be Orc than Moria, plus they never actually go into Moria in the Hobbit.

Thanks a lot, Dain. Anyone else?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:01 am
Oh yeah, and I changed his boat to a possession.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Just make sure that for Things To Help Us, you clarify the second ability only works for non-Gollum possessions. I know it seems to make little difference--why would anyone remove 1 to play a Gollum possession when the previous ability lets them do it for free?--but that is how you end up with unintended combos. I can’t think of any off-hand, but I’m sure a clever Shadow player would find some way to abuse removing that 1 in certain situations.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:26 am
Done.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 All Things Devours Gollum
Event • Maneuver
Riddle.
Exert Gollum and choose an opponent who must name a number. Then, reveal your hand. If that number matches the number of characters revealed, discard Gollum and another minion. If it does not, you may play a minion revealed for -4 twilight.
H1 R 126
cool!

Event • Shadow
Spot Gollum to choose one: play a Gollum condition or Gollum possession from your draw deck; or remove 1 and play a non-Gollum Shadow possession from your draw deck.
H1 R 142
cool

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gollum.
Each time a Shadow card is Locked (its game text is made blank) by a Free Peoples card, you may discard a Gollum card from play to add a burden.
H1 R 131

cool. but how often are freeps cards borne by shadow cards?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:02 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
cool. but how often are freeps cards borne by shadow cards?

Not that often, but it’s another anti-Locking ability.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards