LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
how would u rate my card?

5 [best]  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

71%
  [ 5 ]  71%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 [worst]  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

Total Votes : 7
bunnydaman
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:17 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
10 • Wraith of Curroption

Wraith • Event

Manuaver: Spot one ring-wraith and add 3 burdans for every twilight tolken left. (limit + 9)

~i cant find one 2 put on here...idk where 2 find lores...~

R

i no, pretty dumb, but its the best i can do, im not that good at this kinda thing. i had a hard time comeing up wit a name, and i couldnt find a lore...
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:31 pm
First, let’s format the card correctly and fix some spelling errors (by the way, for proper card formatting, look at one of the stickied threads around here).

10 Wraith of Corruption Wraith
Event * Maneuver
Spot a Nazgul to add 3 burdens for every twilight token you can spot (limit 9).
As he slipped on the Ring, Frodo beheld before him the wraiths’ true shapes; twilight forms of their former glory...

And there’s some perfectly acceptable, IMO, lore, that I just made up off the top of my head.

You ought to try to always include lore. It can’t get any worse than "Argh!"

Now, let’s talk about balance. Even though it takes a bunch of twilight to pull off, we both know that this card is way powerful. Let’s try and balance it out a little bit, shall we?

8 Wraith of Corruption Wraith
Event * Regroup
Exert a Nazgul twice to add a burden for each twilight token you can spot (limit 5).
As he slipped on the Ring, Frodo beheld before him the wraiths’ true shapes; twilight forms of their former glory...

One card alone shouldn’t be able to corrupt someone. I made it a regroup event; you can get more twilight during regroup, what with followers and skirmish events, but the exertion cost requires that you keep a Nazgul relatively healthy. I lowered the cost a bit from 10, because that is a bit extreme, but I put a limit of 5 on the card, because, honestly, who would be dissapointed with 5 burdens in one site?

I know I didn’t make it perfect, but hey, I gave it a go. I can’t wait to see more DC’s from you, honestly, we need more DC’ers around here!

And the card was a great idea, so GP for that.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:49 pm
I rate your card a 4, thanks for the cleaned-up text EL. I think it’s for the most part WAY undercosted or WAY overcosted for what it does. If they give you a boatload of twilight, then yes it becomes an almost guaranteed auto-corrupt against alternate RBs. If you’re facing a choke deck, this event is useless. But when it works, it’s devastating. Makes the Ents think twice about peeing in the pool!
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:50 pm
Okay, this is a slightly overpowered card, but that’s not a problem. The problem is, against followers, they generate a lot of twilight, plus whatever you left over. So you can basically auto-corrupt anyone using followers/

Also, bear in mind that it could get combined with Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow, for playing multiple times per turn, adding potentially 18 burdens (to many).

But, you have to let a lot of twilight sit for it to work, which could work. It could be used to pack a punch against big fellowships. And with a high enough initial cost, it could really pack follower and big-fellowship hate in one. The ratio though, is 3:1 burdens to twilight, which is to high. EL suggested 1:1 which may also work, but I think that may be a little high as well. Looking at Ulaire Attea, Desirous of Power, we see a 1:3 ratio, which looks good.

So, that in mind, I would do something like this.

10 Wraith of Corruption Wraith
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Nazgul to add a burden for every three twilight tokens you spot (limit: 3 burdens).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Turin06
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 am
Welcome to the boards by the way.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NB if your event cost 3 it might be worth it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:53 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, EL’s plain better right now.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hey, sop, you DO know that elf lvr’s nick is mispelled in your sig, right?
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oops Laughing
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bunnydaman
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:34 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
so pretty much u guys think that i should reduce like, everythin on it?
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards