LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm
Here he is folks! Mr. Lucky Number, a guy originally brought along to stop the company from having bad luck, he’s more than just a little help, he runs the Dwarven/Gandalf synergy engine.

Here he is!

2 •Bilbo, Expert Burglar Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Lurker.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
Maneuver: Exert Bilbo to heal a Dwarf or a Gandalf man.
Rare

Here we see an interesting characteristic. Lurker, on a companion? But why?

While initially designing the card, we thought of having an ability to cancel lurker, much like Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves. But in favor of not making an overpowered card, and wanting a cooler special, we decided that having a lurker companion would hurt a lurker strategy just as bad, by allowing a non-lurker to fight before a lurker.

And then with his artifact grabbing text, and ability to harness the power of Shire healing to heal Dwarves and Gandalf men, what’s not to love about this little thief?

2 •Sting, Blade of Gondolin Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or two minions if you spot a Dwarf).
Rare

Well…here we see a new version of Sting. A cool little weapon, its resistance bonus makes it particularly useful with Crouched Down. Unfortunately, our new Sting can only be borne by Bilbo, but that’s not a problem because its ability only shines when use with Dwarves, and Bilbo is the best choice for working with Dwarves.

2 Hobbit Diplomacy Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Shire companions (or Bilbo).
Maneuver: Exert a Gandalf Man to heal a dwarf.
Skirmish: Exert a Dwarf to make a Gandalf Man damage +1.
Uncommon

Here we see Bilbo working to bring peace between the men of Dale and the Dwarves. Like the book, Bilbo facilitates the cooperation of Dwarves and Gandalf men, getting nothing out of it for himself.

Gandalf’s healing abilities can help the dwarves, who are notorious for their lack of healing, and the Dwarves lend a hefty damage +1 bonus to finish off any tricky minions.

1 Roast Mutton Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Dwarf strength +2 and damage +1.
Regroup: Discard this condition and add 1 to heal a Dwarf (or heal two Dwarves if you spot a Gandalf companion).
Common

Here we see Bilbo up to his tricks. You can use Roast Mutton it in a pinch to win a skirmish, or you can save it till the regroup phase where its healing ability becomes more useful. Throw in a Gandalf companion, and it becomes a great healing card, for only a common! Not to mention that it stays on the table until you need it, unless you go against condition discarding.

Well...let the reviewing begin! After this, we move on to the unbound hobbits.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu May 17, 2007 10:52 am; edited 5 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:42 pm
NBarden wrote:
Here he is folks! Mr. Lucky Number, a guy originally brought along to stop the company from having bad luck, he’s more than just a little help, he runs the Dwarven/Gandalf synergy engine.

Here he is!

Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 5
Lurker.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo to play a Gandalf or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
Rare

exert him twice would make the card more balanced
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:37 am
NBarden wrote:

Here he is!

Companion • Hobbit
Lurker.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo to play a Gandalf or Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
Rare

It’s artifact grabbing is insane! I’d make it add a burden or 2. Also, why does he have such low resistance and why is he not a ring-bearer? Good ideas, though.

While initially designing the card, we thought of having an ability to cancel lurker, much like Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves. But in favor of not making an overpowered card, and wanting a cooler special, we decided that having a lurker companion would hurt a lurker strategy just as bad, by allowing a non-lurker to fight before a lurker.

Interesting thought.

And then with his artifact grabbing text, and ability to harness the power of Shire healing to heal Dwarves and Gandalf men, what’s not to love about this little thief?

Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or two if you spot a Dwarf).
Rare

You haven’t specified, what card type is this? I don’t quite get the exertion thing, it’s not a very Shire-ish ability, and it might be too powerful.

Well…here we see a new version of Sting. A cool little weapon, its resistance bonus makes it particularly useful with Crouched Down. Unfortunately, our new Sting can only be borne by Bilbo, but that’s not a problem because its ability only shines when use with Dwarves, and Bilbo is the best choice for working with Dwarves.

2 Hobbit Diplomacy Shire
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Exert a Gandalf man to heal a dwarf.
Skirmish: Exert a Dwarf to make a Gandalf man damage +1.
Uncommon

Rocking!

Here we see Bilbo working to bring peace between the men of Dale and the Dwarves. Like the book, Bilbo facilitates the cooperation of Dwarves and Gandalf men, getting nothing out of it for himself.

Gandalf’s healing abilities can help the dwarves, who are notorious for their lack of healing, and the Dwarves lend a hefty damage +1 bonus to finish off any tricky minions.

1 Roast Mutton Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo.
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal a dwarf (or two dwarves if you spot a Gandalf companion).
Common

Funny, my version of Roast Mutton is Orc culture! Might make the last ability spot Gandalf instead. Solid card.

Here we see Bilbo up to his tricks. You can use Roast Mutton it in a pinch to win a skirmish, or you can save it till the regroup phase where its healing ability becomes more useful. Throw in a Gandalf companion, and it becomes a great healing card, for only a common! Not to mention that it stays on the table until you need it, unless you go against condition discarding.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

Here he is!

Companion • Hobbit
Lurker.
Rare
cut the gandalf man IMHO.
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or two if you spot a Dwarf).
Rare
nice and balanced

2 Hobbit Diplomacy Shire
Condition • Support Area
Uncommon
sweet!

1 Roast Mutton Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo.
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal a dwarf (or two dwarves if you spot a Gandalf companion).
Common

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am
Several small changes.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:05 am
They look good! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:50 am
I’m surprised Dain hasn’t reviewed yet. Since this set as a little to do with The Hobbit, I thought he’d be thrilled....Wink
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:01 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
I’m surprised Dain hasn’t reviewed yet. Since this set as a little to do with The Hobbit, I thought he’d be thrilled....Wink

I’m comin’, I’m comin’. Razz

NBarden wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Lurker.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
Rare

His resistance needs to be higher. No Hobbit has resistance that low. I’d say 7 at least, and probably his "normal" 8. I’d change that threat to a burden in his artifact drawing ability. I agree with others that Gandalf Man should be cut, but Gandalf Wizard would be okay by me, and make a lot more sense too. Thumbs Up

NBarden wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Rare

Yeah, Bilbo-only makes sense. You need to say "two minions" in the parenthesis part, but otherwise this looks okay to me. And yes, even with this, I still say Bilbo’s resistance should be at least 7.

NBarden wrote:
2 Hobbit Diplomacy Shire
Condition • Support Area
Uncommon

"Man" and "Dwarf" should always, always, ALWAYS be capitalized. And "damage +1" should always be bolded. Don’t be like Big D, I beg you!

NBarden wrote:
1 Roast Mutton Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo.
Common

Same advice with "Dwarves" as I gave for "Dwarf". Razz I’d raise the cost to 2, personally, though it’s balanced well enough at 1, I suppose. Maybe add 1 to use the regroup ability?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:38 pm
NBarden wrote:

Here he is!

Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 8
Lurker.
Rare
Neato!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Bilbo.
Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or two minions if you spot a Dwarf).
Rare
Kinda bad with the above Bilbo, since he’s a lurker. But overall, good.

2 Hobbit Diplomacy Shire
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Exert a Gandalf Man to heal a dwarf.
Skirmish: Exert a Dwarf to make a Gandalf Man damage +1.
Uncommon
Nice!

1 Roast Mutton Shire
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Bilbo.
Regroup: Discard this condition and add 1 to heal a Dwarf (or heal two Dwarves if you spot a Gandalf companion).
Common
Compared to other conditions, I gues it’s fine.

Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:51 am
Okay, since the reviews are winding down, we’re getting ready to post some unbound hobbits! Last chance for reviews!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards