LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Asëa Aranion Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a Gondor Man or an Elf.
Fellowship: Discard this possession and add a threat to heal a companion or discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
“...it is a healing plant that the Men of the West brought to Middle-earth. ‘Athelas’ they named it, and it grows now sparsely and only near places where they dwelt or camped of old; and it is not known in the North, except to some of those who wander in the Wild.”

Looks good to me. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Aragorn’s Pipe, Curiously Carved Gondor
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Gondor companion.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed and spot X pipes to remove X threats.
Fellowship: If bearer is Aragorn, discard a pipeweed to heal a companion (twice if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
“He felt that black shapes were advancing to smother him; but when he sat up he saw nothing but the back of Strider sitting hunched up, smoking his pipe, and watching.”

That threat-removing ability seems a bit too powerful with Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. I would put a limit of 2 on it, or make it "Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes and add [X] to remove X threats." Neat card. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Pipe
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed and spot X pipes to remove X threats.
Fellowship: If bearer is Aragorn, discard a pipeweed to heal a companion (twice if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
“He felt that black shapes were advancing to smother him; but when he sat up he saw nothing but the back of Strider sitting hunched up, smoking his pipe, and watching.”

That threat-removing ability seems a bit too powerful with Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. I would put a limit of 2 on it, or make it "Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes and add [X] to remove X threats." Neat card. Smile

Done. Thanks! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:25 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Asëa Aranion Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a Gondor Man or an Elf.
Fellowship: Discard this possession and add a threat to heal a companion or discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
“...it is a healing plant that the Men of the West brought to Middle-earth. ‘Athelas’ they named it, and it grows now sparsely and only near places where they dwelt or camped of old; and it is not known in the North, except to some of those who wander in the Wild.”

Given that lore text, I’d change the first bit to ’Bearer must be a ranger’, that way it has more flavour and still works on the important people like Aragorn, Arwen and Glorfindel. I’d consider bringing it to 1 and taking out the threat thing to make it more like the others, but I’m not sure.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Pipe
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes, and add (X) to remove X threats.

Cool! I like it!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0 Asëa Aranion Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a ranger.

Just another name for Athelas/Kingsfoil. I hope I don’t decide to do it again in, say, The End Of All Thing (my RotK set), because if I do, I’m out of Tolkien’s names for the weed!
you could go for marijuana Wink cool!

Possession • Pipe
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes, and add (X) to remove X threats.

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Kinda low on Gondor ideas right now, so here’s a simple pump. A NICE pump, though. Smile Enjoy!

2Might of Gondor Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man enduring until the regroup phase.
“‘Gondor wanes, you say. But Gondor stands, and even the end of its strength is still very strong.’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 am
Nice!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards