LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Made changes to each card. How do they look now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:44 am
They’re both very cool!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:26 pm
Then here’s some ranger stuff, including a couple more tales. Remember, one of the two versions of Boromir in this set is a ranger, so potentially both he AND Aragorn could use these. Smile There will also be a small handful (just 2 or 3) of Elf rangers in the set too, so keep that in mind. Enjoy!

1Buzzing With Excitement Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale from play to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: Gondor ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.
“Frodo’s vanishing trick; the appearance of the black horsemen; the robbing of the stables; and not least the news that Strider the Ranger had joined the mysterious hobbits, made such a tale as would last for many uneventful years.”

0 Mysterious Wanderers Gondor
Event • Regroup
Tale.
Spot a Gondor Man to remove 1 for each ranger you can spot.
“The Bree-folk called them Rangers, and knew nothing of their origin. They were taller and darker than the Men of Bree and were believed to have strange powers of sight and hearing...but they were now few and rarely seen.”

0 People of the Old Kings Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) and add a burden to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Only a Ranger! My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the North of the great people, the Men of the West. They have helped me before; and I shall need their help in the days to come....’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:00 am; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:30 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale to to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.
“Frodo’s vanishing trick; the appearance of the black horsemen; the robbing of the stables; and not least the news that Strider the Ranger had joined the mysterious hobbits, made such a tale as would last for many uneventful years.”

Not bad, considering Safe Passage has less spotting requirements than this. Confused

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Regroup
Tale.
“The Bree-folk called them Rangers, and knew nothing of their origin. They were taller and darker than the Men of Bree and were believed to have strange powers of sight and hearing...but they were now few and rarely seen.”

It would be funny (maybe just a tad bit more balanced) if you had it cost 2.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1People of the Old Kings Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.
“‘Only a Ranger! My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the North of the great people, the Men of the West. They have helped me before; and I shall need their help in the days to come....’”

Make it a Fellowship event. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Then here’s some ranger stuff, including a couple more tales. Remember, one of the two versions of Boromir in this set is a ranger, so potentially both he AND Aragorn could use these. Smile There will also be a small handful (just 2 or 3) of Elf rangers in the set too, so keep that in mind. Enjoy!

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale to to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.

Why a Gandalf ally? Who are you thinking of? Barliman? Very nice. It’s good practice to specify ’from play’ when discarding things - decipher have been doing that recently.

Event • Regroup
Tale.

Nice.

Condition • Support Area
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.

This has got to cost more, momentous gathering costs 1, a wizard is never late costs 1, simbelmyne costs 1 and they’re all events!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 pm
For Buzzing With Excitement, I was thinking of the residents of Bree in general. The scene is from this passage, where Aragorn and the Hobbits have bought Bill the pony and are preparing to leave Bree for the long road ahead:

Quote:
After their breakfast the hobbits had to re-pack, and get together further supplies for the longer journey they were now expecting. It was close on ten o’clock before they at last got off. By that time the whole of Bree was buzzing with excitement. Frodo’s vanishing trick; the appearance of the black horsemen; the robbing of the stables; and not least the news that Strider the Ranger had joined the mysterious hobbits, made such a tale as would last for many uneventful years. Most of the inhabitants of Bree and Staddle, and many even from Combe and Archet, were crowded in the road to see the travellers start. The other guests in the inn were at the doors or hanging out of the windows.

So the "picture" would be of the Bree-landers seeing them off, hence the Gandalf ally part. It makes for a nifty little combo, especially since Hobbits already work rather well with some of the Gandalf allies in the set.

Anyway, I also changed People of the Old Kings to an event. Thumbs Up Thanks to both of you!

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale from play to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.
make it gondor ranger

Event • Regroup
Tale.
cool

Event • Fellowship
Exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.

should it be gondor ranger?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:23 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale from play to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.

make it gondor ranger

Good call. Thumbs Up Done.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) to play a ranger from your draw deck or discard pile.

should it be gondor ranger?

In this case, I think it’s better without specifying. Otherwise this would be pretty useless within the confines of The Road Ahead.

elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:09 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or sanctuary, you may discard a tale from play to remove 1 for each of the following you can spot: Gondor ranger, Ring-bound Hobbit, unbound Hobbit, Gandalf ally.

Instead of the two hobbit options, you could just say: "Hobbit companion." Nice card.

Quote:

Event • Regroup
Tale.

Sweet.

Quote:
Event • Fellowship

No such things as unique events, methinks. Wink Unless this is some new mechanic you threw in that I didn’t notice.

About the same as A Wizard is Never Late, but... I don’t know. Maybe cost it more like this: "Spot a Gondor ranger (or Gandalf) and add a burden to..."

Burdens are harder to peel off than wounds, esp. for Rangers.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:41 am
Made some changes. Thanks again, guys! Thumbs Up

Here’s a couple more possessions. I know, I know...I said I was done with Gondor possessions. I THOUGHT I was, but I came up with these since then, so sue me. Razz Enjoy!

0 Asëa Aranion Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a ranger.
Fellowship: Discard this possession and add a threat to heal a companion or discard a Shadow condition borne by a companion.
“...it is a healing plant that the Men of the West brought to Middle-earth. ‘Athelas’ they named it, and it grows now sparsely and only near places where they dwelt or camped of old; and it is not known in the North, except to some of those who wander in the Wild.”

Just another name for Athelas/Kingsfoil. I hope I don’t decide to do it again in, say, The End Of All Thing (my RotK set), because if I do, I’m out of Tolkien’s names for the weed!

1Aragorn’s Pipe, Curiously Carved Gondor
Possession • Pipe
Bearer must be a Gondor companion.
Fellowship: Discard a pipeweed, spot X pipes, and add (X) to remove X threats.
Fellowship: If bearer is Aragorn, discard a pipeweed to heal a companion (twice if that companion has the Aragorn signet).
“He felt that black shapes were advancing to smother him; but when he sat up he saw nothing but the back of Strider sitting hunched up, smoking his pipe, and watching.”

This more than likely WILL have another version in one of the later sets, since Aragorn is one of few we see smoking thoughtfully throughout the series. That one will likely be able to be borne only by him, so this is kind of a link between that and Decipher’s original.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:41 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards