LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:09 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Sires of Old Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Tale. Make Aragorn strength +1 for each Gondor tale and Gondor artifact you can spot (limit +5).
“Frodo turned and saw Strider, and yet not Strider; for the weatherworn Ranger was no longer there. In the stern sat Aragorn son of Arathorn, proud and erect, guiding the boat with skilful strokes; his hood was cast back, and his dark hair was blowing in the wind, a light was in his eyes: a king returning from exile to his own land.”

misspelled skillful in the lore

Blame that on the guy that transcribed my digital copy of The Fellowship of the Ring. Razz

I fixed that, as well as adding new lore to the reprints. How’re those, Thranduil (or anyone else)?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:13 pm
Great lores!

I especially like the one for no mere ranger.

EDIT: WAHOO! 500 POSTS! ON MY BIRTHDAY AS WELL!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:38 pm
Here’s a couple of tales with LONG titles, but hopefully the text of the cards themselves makes the titles worth it. Smile Enjoy!

1All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter Gondor
Condition
Resistance +1
Tale. Bearer must be Aragorn.
Maneuver: Return this condition to your hand to heal a companion.
“‘From the ashes a fire shall be woken, / A light from the shadows shall spring; / Renewed shall be blade that was broken: / The crownless again shall be king.’”

1Seek for the Sword That Was Broken Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Riddle. To play, spot a Gondor Man and an Elf.
Each time you play a Gondor tale, place a Gondor token here.
Maneuver: Remove a Gondor token from here to draw a card. If that card is a Shadow card, discard it.
“‘In Imladris it dwells; / There shall be counsels taken / Stronger than Morgul-spells. / There shall be shown a token / That Doom is near at hand, / For Isildur’s Bane shall waken, / And the Halfling forth shall stand.’”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:45 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Here’s a couple of tales with LONG titles, but hopefully the text of the cards themselves makes the titles worth it. Smile Enjoy!

Condition
Resistance +1
“‘From the ashes a fire shall be woken, / A light from the shadows shall spring; / Renewed shall be blade that was broken: / The crownless again shall be king.’”

Very very nice.

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a Gondor token from here to draw a card. If that card is a Shadow card, discard it.
“‘In Imladris it dwells; / There shall be counsels taken / Stronger than Morgul-spells. / There shall be shown a token / That Doom is near at hand, / For Isildur’s Bane shall waken, / And the Halfling forth shall stand.’”

Maybe it should reveal the top card of your draw deck, then choose to draw it, but not sure.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:35 pm
They both look great to me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Condition
Resistance +1

This lore is popping up a lot lately. Seems fine.

Quote:
Condition • Support Area

Neat! The sort of thing a Tale deck would need.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:52 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Great Cards Thumbs Up
GP for you
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 am
Thanks, all!

Here’s another tale, and a card that really ties the Gondor tales together. Enjoy! Smile

1Watch-tower of Amon Sûl Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each Gondor companion skirmishing a Wraith minion is strength +1.
Response: If a Wraith minion is played, spot a Gondor companion and return this condition to your hand to exert that minion.
“‘The Men of the West did not live here; though in their latter days they defended the hills for a while against the evil that came out of Angmar....long before, in the first days of the North Kingdom, they built a great watch-tower on Weathertop, Amon Sûl they called it.’”

Wraith is by far the biggest Shadow culture in The Road Ahead, so this could be pretty big.

2Tales of the Old Days Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor tale from hand to make a Gondor or Shire companion strength +1 for each tale you can spot (limit +4).
“He knew many histories and legends of long ago, of Elves and Men and the good and evil deeds of the Elder Days.”

Kind of a new take on Answering the Cries, though this new one has much more potential, obviously. Wink
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:39 am; edited 4 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:33 am
I would raise the cost of Tales of the Old Days to 2. Neat cards! GP
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:21 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thanks, all!

Here’s another tale, and a card that really ties the Gondor tales together. Enjoy! Smile

1Watch-tower of Amon Sûl Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each Gondor companion skirmishing a Wraith minion is strength +1.
“‘The Men of the West did not live here; though in their latter days they defended the hills for a while against the evil that came out of Angmar....long before, in the first days of the North Kingdom, they built a great watch-tower on Weathertop, Amon Sûl they called it.’”

I’d want this card to do more, I wouldn’t waste my deck space with a card that’s very likely to do nothing. Maybe a discarding ability or something?

2 Tales of the Old Days Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor tale from hand to make a Gondor or Shire companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength +1 for each tale you can spot (limit +4).
“He knew many histories and legends of long ago, of Elves and Men and the good and evil deeds of the Elder Days.”

I’d take out the brackets - Aragorn and Boromir are very important for Frodo - and maybe drop the limit to 3 and make it unique. Nice.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards