LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:01 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3Boromir, Tall and Proud Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Signet: Gandalf
While Boromir bears a Gondor possession or artifact, he is defender +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if Boromir is unwounded, you may heal a Man companion.
“‘Believe not that in the land of Gondor the blood of Númenor is spent, nor all its pride and dignity forgotten.’”

Awesome hats off to you again DI for an uber card.

3Boromir, Defender of the Little Ones Gondor
Companion • Man
Signet: Frodo
Ring-bound. Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Skirmish: If Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace an unbound Hobbit in a skirmish.
“‘Have hope! I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk.’”

Fantastic. GP for 2 awesome cards following 2 awesome cards.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anyone else before we move on? I’d REALLY like another opinion (or two Angel) on Boromir being Ring-bound.

I was hoping to hold off on this, but I guess I need to spoil it now: it will be possible to make several companions Ring-bound in this set, and even if I drop the keyword from Boromir’s current text, he would be one that could become Ring-bound through other cards anyway. Thoughts on THAT?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 am
Nah i would avoid making companions ring bound, its gonna open up a whole can of worms with smeagol and a lot of other cards. Besides it doesnt fit the theme. Eomer doesnt go to mount doom or wasnt part of the fellowship, he shouldnt become rb. Dont do it Dain!!!
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 am
I would do it in a way that only companions directly associated with Frodo would be eligible, meaning NO Rohan Men. Each member of the original fellowship would have one version that would work, and only a couple others (Faramir and Arwen and MAYBE one more).

Can you guess how I might be doing it yet? Rolling Eyes

I know there would be some very interesting and powerful FP combos, but there’s PLENTY of anti-Ring-bound hate to keep it in check...plus I’d be adding some more, for BOTH sides.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 30, 2007 8:56 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:56 am
No i cant DI im tired and having a bad day at work, too difficult to think! But if you make it ONLY the fellowship, and alright faramir but he should be rb anyway, then might work out ok. Leave bozza as he is with the keyword. Hes cool.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:15 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Boromir, Tall and Proud Gondor
Companion • Man
Signet: Gandalf
While Boromir bears a Gondor possession or artifact, he is defender +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if Boromir is unwounded, you may heal a Man companion.
“‘Believe not that in the land of Gondor the blood of Númenor is spent, nor all its pride and dignity forgotten.’”

Neato! Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Boromir, Defender of the Little Ones Gondor
Companion • Man
Signet: Frodo
Ring-bound. Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Skirmish: If Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace an unbound Hobbit in a skirmish.
“‘Have hope! I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk.’”

Given his subtitle, I guess Ring-bound is OK. I wouldn’t make any other companions have that, though; unless, of course, they are the RB. Razz

Neat cards! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:21 am
Okay, well we’re worry about Ring-bound again another day, then. For now, though, here’s some "stuff", quite literally. Razz Enjoy!

1Aragorn’s Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is a ranger.
Each time the fellowship moves from a dwelling or forest site, remove 1.
“A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face....”

0Ring of Barahir, Heirloom of the North Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.
While you can spot 3 races in the fellowship, Aragorn is resistance +1.
While you can spot 4 races in the fellowship, each companion is resistance +1.
“For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured....”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 30, 2007 10:05 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:24 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Aragorn’s Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak
“A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face....”

Very good. You get better at this every day Dain!

0Ring of Barahir, Heirloom of the House of Isildur Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.
“For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured....”

Id phrase it "while you can spot 3 companions of different race..." but its upto you. I like it though.

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:29 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Aragorn’s Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak

I would add a +1 resistance bonus. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.

The subtitle is a bit long, but the text is great! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, well we’re worry about Ring-bound again another day, then. For now, though, here’s some "stuff", quite literally. Razz Enjoy!

1Aragorn’s Cloak Gondor
Possession • Cloak

Great! A non-X-listed version of no stranger to the shadows.

Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.

Very very nice, but I’d change the subtitle to ’Heirloom of the North’, just because it’s a bit shorter.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards