LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Remember the old, OLD days of LOTR TCG, before even the TTT block, when the Gondor culture was focused entirely around just two men? No knights, no fortifications, no mass tokens, just two guys with a slew of possessions to support them?

Well, those days are back for one last hurrah, because in The Road Ahead, Aragorn and Boromir ARE the Gondor culture.

So, let’s get started with one of them, shall we? Smile Enjoy!

4Aragorn, The Dúnadan Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Signet: Frodo
Ranger.
While you can spot 2 threats and Aragorn has at least 3 vitality, the move limit is +1.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add 2 (or 1 if the fellowship is moving from a marsh or forest site) to remove a threat.
“He was taking a wandering course with many turns and doublings, to put off any pursuit.”

4Aragorn, Estel Gondor
Companion • Man
Signet: Elrond
Ranger. Each other ranger gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that ranger is an Elf).
While you can spot 2 other Elven Elves, Aragorn may be spotted as an Elven Elf (except by possessions).
Each time the fellowship moves to a sanctuary, you may spot an Elf ally whose home is that site to heal Aragorn.
“‘Anirne hene beriad i chên lîn. Ned Imladris nauthant e le beriathar aen.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:40 pm; edited 19 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:12 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Aragorn, The Dúnedan Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger.
If you can spot 2 threats, the move limit is +1.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may add 2 (or 1 if the fellowship is moving from a marsh or forest site) to remove a threat.
“He was taking a wandering course with many turns and doublings, to put off any pursuit.”

Call him Dunedan not THE dunedan as it is a race not a title. Or "One of The Dunedan" like Eowyn says in extended TT. Cool card though.

4Aragorn, Estel Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger. Each other ranger gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if that ranger is an Elf).
While you can spot 2 other Elven Elves, Aragorn may be spotted as an Elven Elf (except by possessions).
Each time the fellowship moves to a sanctuary, you may spot an Elf ally whose home is that site to heal Aragorn.

Cool guy DI, cant fault it really like him.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:14 am
Wow... VERY nice cards. A well-earned GP from me! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:24 am
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Aragorn, The Dúnedan Gondor
Companion • Man
Ranger.
If you can spot 2 threats, the move limit is +1.

Call him Dunedan not THE dunedan as it is a race not a title. Or "One of The Dunedan" like Eowyn says in extended TT. Cool card though.

Actually....

The Fellowship of the Ring wrote:
Suddenly Bilbo looked up. ’Ah, there you are at last, Dúnadan!’ he cried.
’Strider!’ said Frodo. ’You seem to have a lot of names.’
’Well, Strider is one that I haven’t heard before, anyway,’ said Bilbo. ’What do you call him that for?’
’They call me that in Bree,’ said Strider laughing, ’and that is how I was introduced to him.’
’And why do you call him Dúnadan?’ asked Frodo.
The Dúnadan,’ said Bilbo. ’He is often called that here. But I thought you knew enough Elvish at least to know dún-udan: Man of the West, Númenorean. But this is not the time for lessons!’

That’s where the name comes from. However, I realize now I spelled it wrong! Embarassed I’ll fix that.

Thanks for the reviews, guys. GP I’ll leave this up a bit longer to see if anyone else has any comments.

Do you think I should slap a hunter 1 on Estel?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:46 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Remember the old, OLD days of LOTR TCG, before even the TTT block, when the Gondor culture was focused entirely around just two men? No knights, no fortifications, no mass tokens, just two guys with a slew of possessions to support them?

Well, those days are back for one last hurrah, because in The Road Ahead, Aragorn and Boromir ARE the Gondor culture.

Fun fun fun!

So, let’s get started with one of them, shall we? Smile Enjoy!

Companion • Man
Ranger.
While you can spot 2 threats, the move limit is +1.

Great subtitle! Interesting card.

4Aragorn, Estel Gondor
Companion • Man

Too much text, but fantastic ideas. Take out the brackets of the first ability and I might take out the last ability, or make it simpler.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Ranger.
whoa the first ability is just too good. make it so it has to be exactly 2 threats

4Aragorn, Estel Gondor
Companion • Man

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:40 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Ranger.

whoa the first ability is just too good. make it so it has to be exactly 2 threats

Really? Considering others like Elendil, The Tall and Theoden, The Renowned, and the fact that his only other ability REMOVES threats, I thought he was okay....

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
point, but elendil only his one artifact playable on him, just add minor requirement like exerting him IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm
Okay, I tweaked Aragorn, The Dúnadan a bit, SoP. I really really think he’s fine, especially now, but if you disagree, let me know. Thumbs Up

Here’s the OTHER Gondor Man in the set. Enjoy!

3Boromir, Tall and Proud Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Signet: Gandalf
While Boromir bears a Gondor possession or artifact, he is defender +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if Boromir is unwounded, you may heal a Man companion.
“‘Believe not that in the land of Gondor the blood of Númenor is spent, nor all its pride and dignity forgotten.’”

3Boromir, Defender of the Little Ones Gondor
Companion • Man
Ring-bound. Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Skirmish: If Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace an unbound Hobbit in a skirmish.
“‘Have hope! I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk.’”

Next time, we’ll get to their possessions. Very Happy

Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, I tweaked Aragorn, The Dúnadan a bit, SoP. I really really think he’s fine, especially now, but if you disagree, let me know. Thumbs Up

Here’s the OTHER Gondor Man in the set. Enjoy!

3Boromir, Tall and Proud Gondor
Companion • Man
Signet: Gandalf
While Boromir bears a Gondor possession or artifact, he is defender +1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if Boromir is unwounded, you may heal a Man companion.
“‘Believe not that in the land of Gondor the blood of Númenor is spent, nor all its pride and dignity forgotten.’”

I’d give a Boromir with the subtitle ’Tall and Proud’ the Aragorn signet. Very nice, but I’d leave out the companion bit, let them heal evil men if they want to!

3Boromir, Defender of the Little Ones Gondor
Companion • Man
Ring-bound. Ranger.
Boromir is strength +1 for each wound on him.
Skirmish: If Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to have him replace an unbound Hobbit in a skirmish.
“‘Have hope! I am weary, but I still have some strength left, and Aragorn too. We will bear the little folk.’”

Take out the ring-bound - however cool it is, the fact is he did not go with the ring and only ARB’s, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Smeagol and ring-bound rangers should ever have this keyword (and Bilbo only because he always has since it was introduced). And why make him ring-bound then make his ability work with unbound? Seems crazy to me. Nice guy though. I suggest making the first ability Enduring 1 - you could make a new meaning for the keyword.

Next time, we’ll get to their possessions. Very Happy

I look forward to it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards