LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, so Underdwellers of Arda went fairly well. Guess what? I’m making another set in the Arda block! This one’s going to move from what’s under the mountains to what’s on the mountains, and around the mountains! The Iron Hills, Caradhras, the edges of Fangorn, the Lonely Mountain...and the beacons of Gondor! Get ready!

Keywords:

Captain X: Each time this character wins a skirmish, you may make a character of the same culture strength +X.

Reinforcements X: When you play this card, reveal the top X cards of your draw deck; you may play each minion revealed. Place all revealed cards that were not played beneath your draw deck in any order.

Rare / Uncommon / Common
Dwarven: 6 / 5 / 4 FINISHED
Elven: 2 / 1 / 0 FINISHED
Gandalf: 9 / 4 / 4
Gollum: 4 / 5 / 2 FINISHED
Gondor: 8 / 4 / 6 FINISHED
Isengard: 2 / 2 / 3 FINISHED
Men: 4 / 3 / 3
Orc: 4 / 2 / 5 FINISHED
Rohan: 4 / 2 / 2
Shire: 3 / 0 / 0 FINISHED
Uruk-hai: 8 / 7 / 9
Wraith: 6 / 2 / 2
Sites: 0 / 3 / 0

And as a sneak preview...
0•Beacon of Amon Dîn Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Gondor companion and add a threat to play a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from your draw deck. You may add 2 to attach that follower to a companion.
"The beacon! The beacon of Amon Dîn is lit!"
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:09 pm; edited 5 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:46 am
I love your keywords.

The new card is cool as well, but the follower would not be useful until the next turn. Maybe add something that you could attach it as well for a cost?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:32 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
maybe if it is a rohan follower transfer it to a companion at no cost?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:44 pm
Excellent thought! I tweaked the card slightly, especially so that it wouldn’t work with the Gondor wraiths from Underdwellers of Arda.

And I don’t think I’ll make it work with Rohan followers. In the books, the beacons were neveNOLINKr used to call for Rohan’s aid. That was the job of the Red Arrow. Instead, they were used to call for the aid of Gondorians from other parts of Gondor. So that’ll be how beacons are implemented here.

Look for all 7 beacons in this set!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:47 pm
Sweet card, CG! GP

I look forward to seeing the rest of the set! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:09 pm
This is cool! Glad you’re making a new set! And the card looks purdy shweet, too.

I honestly forget, who came up with the Reinforcements keyword? I know I used it in one of my sets, but I doubt I was the one who came up with it...

And sorry for the slight off-topic-ness, but don’t forget to drop by Rise of the Ring when you can.

Anyways, looking forward to more! Thumbs Up
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:19 pm
elf lvr wrote:
This is cool! Glad you’re making a new set! And the card looks purdy shweet, too.

I honestly forget, who came up with the Reinforcements keyword? I know I used it in one of my sets, but I doubt I was the one who came up with it...

That was FM’s brilliant contribution. I think I used it first for Underdwellers, but I’m not sure...
Quote:
And sorry for the slight off-topic-ness, but don’t forget to drop by Rise of the Ring when you can.

Anyways, looking forward to more! Thumbs Up

Thanks! And I’ll be sure to stop over there!

Okay, here’s the rarity count...
Rare / Uncommon / Common
Dwarven: 7 / 5 / 3
Elven: 2 / 1 / 0
Gandalf: 9 / 4 / 4
Gollum: 4 / 5 / 2
Gondor: 7 / 4 / 7
Isengard: 2 / 2 / 3
Men: 4 / 3 / 3
Orc: 4 / 2 / 5
Rohan: 4 / 2 / 2
Shire: 3 / 0 / 0
Uruk-hai: 8 / 7 / 9
Wraith: 6 / 2 / 2
Sites: 0 / 3 / 0
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Okay, so it’s time for Gondor! We’ll start with the card I’ve already spoiled...

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Gondor companion and add a threat to play a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from your draw deck. You may add 2 to attach that follower to a companion.
R

0•Beacon of Amon Calenhad Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here.
Regroup: Remove X tokens from here and exert a Gondor companion to remove [X]. Discard this condition.
This beacon was lit only in times of great need.
U

0•Beacon of Amon Eilenach Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here.
Response: If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, remove two tokens from here (or exert a Gondor companion and remove a token from here) to prevent that.
Amon Eilenach communicated primarily with Anorien, and was one that kept a close watch on the surroundings of the White City.
R

0•Beacon of Amon Erelas Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a token from this condition and from X other Gondor conditions to heal X companions. Discard either this condition or two cards from hand.
The beacon on Amon Erelas was small, and only lit if needed.
U

0•Beacon of Amon Halifirien Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to reinforce a Gondor token).
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) to make a Gondor companion strength +1 for each Gondor token here. Discard this condition.
Halifirien was a great hill, as well as the burial-place of Elendil.
U

0•Beacon of Amon Nardol Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to add two Gondor tokens here).
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from here and discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from hand to make a Gondor companion strength +2.
Amon Nardol was named for the enormous fire that would burn upon its summit in times of trouble.
R

0•Beacon of Amon Min-Rimmon Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove three tokens from here to make a Gondor companion strength +2. Discard this condition.
The beacon on Amon Min-Rimmon was located at the base of the White Mountains.
C
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Fri May 25, 2007 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Since I know you added "wraith" as a keyword or something, this is fine. Thumbs Up I see how it helps all the other beacons, which is good.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove X tokens from here and exert a Gondor companion to remove [X]. Discard this condition.
U

Neat.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, exert a companion and remove a token from here (or remove two tokens from here) to prevent that.
Amon Eilenach communicated primarily with Anorien, and was one that kept a close watch on the surroundings of the White City.
R

I think it would be good to reverse things a bit and do "If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, remove 2 tokens from here (or remove one token from here and exert a companion) to prevent that." I also think it would be good to limit that exerted companion to being a Gondor companion.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a token from this condition and from X other Gondor conditions to heal X companions. Discard this condition or two cards from hand.
U

I think an "either" would be good between "Discard" and "this condition" in this case, for clarity. But a neat card. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to reinforce a Gondor token).
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) to make a Gondor companion strength +1 for each Gondor token here. Discard this condition.
R

Neat!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to add two Gondor tokens here).
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from here and discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from hand to make a Gondor companion strength +2.
Amon Nardol was named for the enormous fire that would burn upon its summit in times of trouble.
R

Good.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove three tokens from here to make a Gondor companion strength +2. Discard this condition.
U

A little weak...you could probably make it a common and/or up the boost to +3.

GP for a good batch, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:10 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, so it’s time for Gondor! We’ll start with the card I’ve already spoiled...

Condition • Support Area
R

Nice. I would make it work with Rohan. And discard the condition.

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove X tokens from here and exert a Gondor companion to remove [X]. Discard this condition.
U

Nice. Would be better as a fellowship phase.

Condition • Support Area
Response: If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, exert a companion and remove a token from here (or remove two tokens from here) to prevent that.
R

Oh yeah! Awesome!

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a token from this condition and from X other Gondor conditions to heal X companions. Discard this condition or two cards from hand.
U

Hm...needs to be reworded. I don’t know how to do it though...

Condition • Support Area
R

Rare. Perfect. And awesome combo with Beacon of Amon Eilenach

Condition • Support Area
R

Nice.

Condition • Support Area
U

Nice.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards