LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I cleared this with one of the moderators a long while back, but am just now getting to it. Embarassed Sooo....

Unless you were around the Decipher LOTR TCG forums a LONG time ago and have a VERY good memory...you have no clue what I’m talking about. Awards? Huh?

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.... Mr. Green

Ever watched any of those big award shows on TV, like Emmys or the Academy Awards? Yeah, me neither. Razz But that’s pretty much what the FPCAs are about. We come up with a number of different categories--things like Favorite Reviewer, Best Article, etc.--and you vote on them based on members of the Cobra Cards community and/or their works (articles, DCs, etc.), depending on the category. After the votes are tallied, the hosts (me and whoever else I trick--er, I mean, ask to help) will declare winners who get a nifty prize and, of course, bragging rights until the next awards. Cool

But that’s not all! During the days and weeks leading up to the actual presentation of awards, these forums will play host to a few fun activities, like DC and deck creation, and when it’s all said and done, MORE awards will be presented to the winners of these contests and activities. It’s fun for the whole card game family! Very Happy

However, I need your help.

I’m a creative guy (or so I’m told), but I’m only ONE guy. I can only hold so many ideas in this noggin of mine. So I want YOUR feedback. What would be some good award categories? Good contests? Good prizes? Would anyone be willing to part with some cards as prizes (since I don’t have any to offer Sad)? Let me know what you think, and then the best ideas will be pulled out and mixed together to make FPCA 2007 a reality!

Suggested Categories are:

Best Overall Dream Card Maker
Best Creator of New Mechanics
Best Reviewer of Dream Cards (knows their stuff)
Best Dream Card Set
Best Crossover DCs
Best DC Contest
Best Personality (funny, weird, has attitude, etc.)
Best Moderator
Best Overall RPGer
Best Username (just because I always liked this category)
Most Likely to Become a TCG Developer
Most Likely to Play TCGs Until They Die
Most Reliable Trader
Best Article Writer
Best Article Of All Time
Best Maker of Deck Designs
Best Gameplay Question Answerer
Best Reviewer of Articles/Deck Clinics
Best Overall CC Member
"Special Award" (goes to the person with the most votes in this category that wins no other award...sort of a consolation prize Razz)

So that’s 20 categories already, which is a decent stopping point, but 25 would be good too, so there’s still room for more! Smile So if you have an idea--or an idea above you want to nix--let us know. No idea is too silly. Just start firing them off, and we’ll narrow the field and come up with the final categories.

Oh, and keep an eye on your PMs, because if there’s interest expressed in this (and I hope there will be), I may be tapping some of you for assistance, if you’re willing.

Now fire away! Let’s get this going. Very Happy

EDIT: I’ve begun a list of cards donated as prizes, so check it out!
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK best overall RPG’er. best DC contest
Best semi-active member
best non-active member
most reliable trader
easiest to trade with trader
most but-headed stubborn, gyps everyone in sight trade (Wink)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:31 pm
hehe, I remember this one. Fun times.

There should *definately* be a "Most Menacing" category, methinks.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
BattleWarg
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:35 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Unless you were around the Decipher LOTR TCG forums a LONG time ago and have a VERY good memory...you have no clue what I’m talking about. Awards? Huh?

Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.... Mr. Green

I’m one of the newer older, and I remember as much as I ever knew (to be fair, I was just at the site within the past month). Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
So that’s about 15 categories already...and I’d say 20 or 25 would probably be good. So if you have an idea--or an idea above you want to nix--let me know. No idea is too silly. Just start firing them off, and we, as a group, will narrow the field and come up with the final categories.
Now fire away! Let’s get this going.

That doesn’t leave much time for dilly dallying.

Categories?

Best Crossover DC(s) Mr. Green

’Special Award’ (The person with the most votes in this category that wins no other award wins it)
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Rock ON!! This should be good.

Can we have a "Best Guitar-Player" category? Wink
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 pm
Let’s just give all the DC awards to Dain, and all the Article awards to FM.

End of contest.

Rolling Eyes
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

End of contest.

Rolling Eyes

Ac could get a few. and I might maybe have no a chance to get best reviewer
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
elf lvr wrote:

End of contest.

Rolling Eyes

Ac could get a few. and I might maybe have no a chance to get best reviewer

Oh stop. Razz I appreciate the compliment, but I don’t think it would go down quite like that.

Good ideas so far, guys. I especially like Best Overall RPGer, Best DC Contest, and Most Reliable Trader. The "Special Award" is a good idea too. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:48 pm
Neat stuff... I’d be willing to provide some of the prizes (as long as they are cards). Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:53 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Neat stuff... I’d be willing to provide some of the prizes (as long as they are cards). Thumbs Up

Nope. Prizes are in the form of human souls.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion