LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:25 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Forest River 8
Site 8 [LA]
Forest. River. Each Green character is strength +1.

Nice.

White Long Marshes 7
Site 8 [LA]
Marsh. When the fellowship moves here, spot your Green minion or two threats to exert each unwounded companion.

Why ’exert’ each ’unwounded’ companion? Why not either exert each companion or wound each unwounded companion? Nice.

White River Running 8
Site 8 [LA]
River. Archery: Make your archery total -1 (to a minimum of 0) to draw a card.

Do you need the minimum 0? Cool though.

White Long Lake 7
Site 8 [LA]
River. Shadow: Play a Moria or Orc minion to draw a card.

Good.

White Esgaroth Bridge Gate 7
Site 8 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves here, add 1 for each non-Gandalf companion.

Like it.

White Esgaroth Market-Place 9
Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Spot 3 Gandalf Men to play a Gandalf Man ally from your draw deck; the twilight cost of that ally is -2. Limit once per phase.

This one is probably the easiest way to bring out Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth...or any other ally you want, of course.

That combo is amazing filtering. Nice.

White Esgaroth Great Hall 8
Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves here, if you cannot spot 3 Gandalf Man allies (or Master of Laketown), add 3 threats. Otherwise add a burden or a threat.

Take out the otherwise bit, it seems unnecessary.

White Lake-town 9
Site 8 [LA]
River. Dwelling. Site 9 minions are not roaming.

Remember, Smaug is a site 9 minion. Twisted Evil

Fun fun fun!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well I was hoping for another review or two, since Site 7 has so many options, but reviews seem a little slower the last couple days. So, impatient guy that I am, I’m moving on! Razz

Site 8 is chiefly (though not entirely, as you’ll see) focused around Lake-town, and with Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth, any of these can become a sanctuary, just like in The Hobbit. However, ALSO like the book, the longer the fellowship lingers, the more risk you take on, because by then, chances are that lingering only makes things easier for your opponents to plan how to crush you at the next site, or rush ahead and beat you to the finish line.

Anyway, the actual sites don’t usually help as much as you might expect. This IS, after all, a town that Smaug swoops in and utterly destroys by the end of the novel. It’s not as peaceful as you might expect.

White Forest River 8
Site 8 [LA]
Cool.

White Long Marshes 7
Site 8 [LA]
Marsh. When the fellowship moves here, spot your Green minion or two threats to exert each unwounded companion.
Wow. Nice.

White River Running 8
Site 8 [LA]
Sweet!

White Long Lake 7
Site 8 [LA]
Sweet.

Site 8 [LA]
Cool.

Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Spot 3 Gandalf Men to play a Gandalf Man ally from your draw deck; the twilight cost of that ally is -2. Limit once per phase.
Sweet.

This one is probably the easiest way to bring out Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth...or any other ally you want, of course.

Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves here, if you cannot spot 3 Gandalf Man allies (or Master of Laketown), add 3 threats. Otherwise add a burden or a threat.
Sweet.

White Lake-town 9
Site 8 [LA]
Cool!

Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:19 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well I was hoping for another review or two, since Site 7 has so many options, but reviews seem a little slower the last couple days. So, impatient guy that I am, I’m moving on! Razz

Site 8 is chiefly (though not entirely, as you’ll see) focused around Lake-town, and with Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth, any of these can become a sanctuary, just like in The Hobbit. However, ALSO like the book, the longer the fellowship lingers, the more risk you take on, because by then, chances are that lingering only makes things easier for your opponents to plan how to crush you at the next site, or rush ahead and beat you to the finish line.

Anyway, the actual sites don’t usually help as much as you might expect. This IS, after all, a town that Smaug swoops in and utterly destroys by the end of the novel. It’s not as peaceful as you might expect.

White Forest River 8
Site 8 [LA]

Nice.

White Long Marshes 7
Site 8 [LA]

Um...no. Just spot a Green minion. Double move stopper. I’d make it move from here, just to stop a double from 8 to nine.

White River Running 8
Site 8 [LA]

Nice.

White Long Lake 7
Site 8 [LA]

Again, nice. Perfect for a late game swarm. Although, I would just pick one culture and go with it. And definitely make it 6

Site 8 [LA]

Make it 6.

Site 8 [LA]

Just do at the start of the fellowship phase. Not a problem.

Site 8 [LA]

Make it 7

White Lake-town 9
Site 8 [LA]

Nice. Perfect with 9, bangs up the FP. Just make it minions are not roaming, since no minions except site 9 minions would be roaming at site 8 anyway.

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Here it is: the last site on the Lasting Alliances sitepath. Hope you’ve enjoyed the journey thus far...because there’s no way you would enjoy ANY of these sites were you trying to keep your fellowship alive and win a game! Twisted Evil

The last site focuses on Erebor--the Lonely Mountain--and the surrounding lands, collectively called simply "The Desolation of Smaug" at the time. And for good reason: the area around Erebor was desolate and dangerous to anyone the Dragon didn’t want near his treasure hoarde. So not surprisingly, almost without exception, every site on this final stop is bad news for the Free Peoples player. If you rushed to get here, you might really regret not stopping in Lake-town at Site 8 for some rest.

So hold onto your butt, pray, and proceed at your own risk. Twisted Evil

White Ruins of Dale 8
Site 9 [LA]
Plains. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, if you can spot a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf, add 2 threats. Otherwise add 2.

White The Desolation of Smaug 8
Site 9 [LA]
Plains. When the fellowship moves here, exert each unwounded companion and ally (and, if the Ring-bearer is unwounded, add a burden).

White Ravenhill 9
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Each time a Shadow card (except a minion or event) is played, add a threat.
Each time a Free Peoples card (except a character or event) is played, remove a threat.

White The Lonely Mountain 8
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, exert each Dwarf. If you cannot spot 3 Dwarves, add a burden.

White Front Gate of Erebor 7
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. The twilight cost of each character and follower is -1.

White Great Hall of Thráin 8
Site 9 [LA]
Underground. The twilight cost of each artifact, possession, and condition is -1.

White Smaug’s Lair 8
Site 9 [LA]
Underground. Shadow: Remove a threat to play Smaug from your draw deck or hand (or remove 2 threats to play Smaug from your discard pile); Smaug’s twilight cost is -5.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 am; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:24 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Ruins of Dale 8
Site 9 [LA]
Plains. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, if you can spot a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf, add 2 threats. Otherwise add 3.

Take out the otherwise bit and raise the shadow number to 9 - adding 3 i think is too good. Fun.

Site 9 [LA]
Plains. When the fellowship moves here, exert each unwounded companion and ally (and, if the Ring-bearer is unwounded, add a burden).

Very nice, but I still don’t get why it exerts each unwounded guy. Why not wound them? Or leave out the unwounded bit?

White Ravenhill 9
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Each time a Shadow condition is played, add a threat.
Each time a Free Peoples condition is played, remove a threat.

Take out the free peoples bit, no free peoples cards except events will be played at site 9 (unless you have some cards in mind).

Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, exert each Dwarf. If you cannot spot 3 Dwarves, add 2 burdens.

Good and nasty.

White Front Gate of Erebor 8
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. Each character’s twilight cost is -1.

Make it 7 or it’s insane!

Site 9 [LA]
Underground. The twilight cost of each artifact, possession, and condition is -1.

Nice, I’d leave this one (probably).

White Smaug’s Lair 8
Site 9 [LA]
Underground. Shadow: Remove a threat to play Smaug from your draw deck or hand (or remove 2 threats to play Smaug from your discard pile); Smaug’s twilight cost is -5.

Take out the brackets and just add ’discard pile’ to the first bit. Nice sites.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:33 am
Tweaked a couple, as per your review, Thranduil. Thanks! Thumbs Up

Anyone else? Angel
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:03 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Here it is: the last site on the Lasting Alliances sitepath. Hope you’ve enjoyed the journey thus far...because there’s no way you would enjoy ANY of these sites were you trying to keep your fellowship alive and win a game! Twisted Evil

The last site focuses on Erebor--the Lonely Mountain--and the surrounding lands, collectively called simply "The Desolation of Smaug" at the time. And for good reason: the area around Erebor was desolate and dangerous to anyone the Dragon didn’t want near his treasure hoarde. So not surprisingly, almost without exception, every site on this final stop is bad news for the Free Peoples player. If you rushed to get here, you might really regret not stopping in Lake-town at Site 8 for some rest.

So hold onto your butt, pray, and proceed at your own risk. Twisted Evil

White Ruins of Dale 8
Site 9 [LA]
Plains. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, if you can spot a Gandalf Man and a Dwarf, add 2 threats. Otherwise add 2.

Nice.

Site 9 [LA]

Ouch. I like it. But it kinda shoots the stop at site 8 in the foot.

White Ravenhill 9
Site 9 [LA]

And who’s playing FP conditions at site 9? Nobody...BTW, who’s playing Shadow conditions at 9? Hopefully nobody...

Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. When the fellowship moves here, exert each Dwarf. If you cannot spot 3 Dwarves, add 2 burdens.

Ouch. Especially if you’ve beat them up a lot. Kinda OP, IMO, maybe add a burden.

White Front Gate of Erebor 7
Site 9 [LA]
Mountain. Battleground. The twilight cost of each character and follower is -1.

Nice. Perfect for a swarm

Site 9 [LA]

Would never be used. If you’re setting up at site 9, you’re in trouble.

White Smaug’s Lair 8
Site 9 [LA]

SWEET! The Bridge of Khazad-Dum, only better!
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:11 am
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Site 9 [LA]

Ouch. I like it. But it kinda shoots the stop at site 8 in the foot.

I was wondering if someone would pick up on that. It’s intentional. Twisted Evil

NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Ravenhill 9
Site 9 [LA]

And who’s playing FP conditions at site 9? Nobody...BTW, who’s playing Shadow conditions at 9? Hopefully nobody...

Ah, but that’s just it, isn’t it? Who would expect you to save conditions for then? No one, of course. So if you throw down this site and a couple conditions, it can make for a very surprising and very game-changing combo. Very Happy

NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Site 9 [LA]

Ouch. Especially if you’ve beat them up a lot. Kinda OP, IMO, maybe add a burden.

You mean instead of 2 burdens for the 3 Dwarves part?

NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Site 9 [LA]

Would never be used. If you’re setting up at site 9, you’re in trouble.

Ah, but again, if your opponent isn’t expecting it (and who would?), you can really make them pay, especially with cards that pull possessions/artifacts/conditions from the discard pile. At the very least, at least it costs 9.

The weird sites both NB and Thranduil picked up on are weird on purpose. They’re intended to bend the normal playing "rules" a bit, so you can do some unusual things and really baffle (and pummel!) your opponent.

NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:18 am
Cut the FP condition part on Ravenhill. There’s no fellowship phase, and thus no real point.

And yes, I meant 1 burden instead of 2. See Eregion Hills.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 am
Okay, changes made. Ravenhill is quite different now...like it?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards