LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:15 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Great. Then here’s Site 6!

White Beorn’s Home 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, heal each Green companion.

Remember, there’s a LOT of Green companions in this set, from the Wood-elves to the Eagles to Beorn and even Radagast. So this could cover almost the entire fellowship rather easily and allow an easy double-move. Very Happy

Nice, reminds me of the ROTK site 6’s.

White Beorn’s Gardens 3
Site 6 [LA]
[b]Forest. Sanctuary.
The twilight cost of each mount (except Rohan and Gondor mounts) is -1.

Just like in The Hobbit, Beorn can rustle up some ponies for your fellowship.

I think you could make it -2 without much worry. Otherwise, it’s rather specific for not much benefit.

White Old Ford 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. Skip the archery phase.

Nice. Good thing this isn’t a shadows site...

White The Carrock 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. While the fellowship is at The Carrock, no more than one minion may be assigned to each skirmish.

Where have I seen that text before?! PLAGARISM!

White Forest Gate 3
Site 6 [LA]
Forest. Sanctuary. Green Orcs are not roaming.

Most of them are Site 7, so this could be trouble.

Fun fun fun!

White Great Shelf 3
Site 6 [LA]
Mountain. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, spot an Eagle to remove a threat (or spot 3 Eagles to remove 2 threats).

Cool. Now I know where the Great Shelf went!

White Rhosgobel 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play Radagast from your hand or discard pile; his twilight cost is -3.

Obviously, it’s a lot easier to get Radagast to join the party when you catch him at his own home. Very Happy

Why discard pile? Like it, but it’s a bit late to be getting companions. Could he be free (as in -4)?

Next time: Mirkwood! Twisted Evil

I look forward to it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
What if I changed Rhosgobel to be -2 for any Gandalf or Green Wizard (or -3 for Radagast)? Would that be better?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Beorn’s Home 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, heal each Green companion.
nice

White Beorn’s Gardens 3
Site 6 [LA]
Forest. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each mount (except Rohan and Gondor mounts) is -1.
um I guess. do you mean it to include shadow mounts?

White Old Ford 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. Skip the archery phase.
Shame on you just because D makes cards that skip phases doesn’t mean you should

White The Carrock 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. While the fellowship is at The Carrock, no more than one minion may be assigned to each skirmish.
sure

White Forest Gate 3
Site 6 [LA]
Forest. Sanctuary. Green Orcs are not roaming.

it works
White Great Shelf 3
Site 6 [LA]
Mountain. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, spot an Eagle to remove a threat (or spot 3 Eagles to remove 2 threats).
cool!
White Rhosgobel 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play Radagast from your hand or discard pile; his twilight cost is -3.

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:32 pm
Okay, made changes to Beorn’s Gardens and Rhosgobel. Better/worse?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
muchas better.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:58 pm
Great. Then here’s the next bunch!

With a whopping nine options, Site 7 is the most varied site along the entire Lasting Alliances sitepath, and can really affect the outcome of the game. There are some sites that help out the fellowship, and some that can utterly destroy it. If you’re to ensure you control the sitepath, this is where you should really start, or else your entire game might be over. Twisted Evil

White Enchanted Stream 7
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. River. Regroup: Spot your Green minion and remove a threat to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).

White Old Road of the Forest 7
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may exert 2 companions (or an Elf or Dwarf) and add 3 to make the move limit for this turn +1.

White Mountains of Mirkwood 6
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. Mountain. The twilight cost of the first Green minion played each Shadow phase is -2.

White Fortress of Amon Lanc 7
Site 7 [LA]
Mountain. The twilight cost of each Green condition is -1.

White Pits of Dol Guldur 6
Site 7 [LA]
Mountain. Underground. Each time a Free Peoples character is captured or rescued, the first Shadow player may add 2 or a threat.

White Barrel-room 6
Site 7 [LA]
Dwelling. Underground. River. When the fellowship moves from this site, the Free Peoples player must exert each non-unique companion or add 1 for each unique companion.

White Hall of the Elvenking 6
Site 7 [LA]
Dwelling. Underground. When the fellowship moves to Hall of the Elvenking without a Green Elf, each unbound companion must exert.

White Elven Dungeon 7
Site 7 [LA]
Underground. At the start of the regroup phase, each player may add or remove 1 for each character they have captured.

White Spider Colony 6
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. Battleground. Spiders gain hunter 2 (or hunter 1 and fierce while the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 23, 2007 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:46 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

With a whopping nine options, Site 7 is the most varied site along the entire Lasting Alliances sitepath, and can really affect the outcome of the game. There are some sites that help out the fellowship, and some that can utterly destroy it. If you’re to ensure you control the sitepath, this is where you should really start, or else your entire game might be over. Twisted Evil

White Enchanted Stream 7
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. River. Shadow: Spot your Green minion and remove a threat to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).

Nasty. Make it regroup, that way the minion has to survive to pull it off.

White Old Forest Road 7
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may exert 2 companions (or an Elf or Dwarf) and add 3 to make the move limit for this turn +1.

Already a site! New title needed. Very nice, but get rid of the parentheses, it’s a level of complexity this card doesn’t need.

Site 7 [LA]
Forest. Mountain. The twilight cost of the first Green minion played each Shadow phase is -2.

Good.

Site 7 [LA]

Fine.

Site 7 [LA]
Mountain. Underground. Each time a Free Peoples character is captured or rescued, the first Shadow player may add 2 or a threat.

Nice.

White Barrel-room 6
Site 7 [LA]
Dwelling. Underground. River. When the fellowship moves from this site, the Free Peoples player must exert each non-unique companion or add 1 for each unique companion.

Interesting, but a bit too complicated. I’d prefer something simpler.

Site 7 [LA]
Dwelling. Underground. When the fellowship moves to Hall of the Elvenking without a Green Elf, each unbound companion must exert.

What a classic!

White Elven Dungeon 7
Site 7 [LA]
Underground. At the start of the regroup phase, each player may add or remove 1 for each character they have captured.

Cool.

White Spider Colony 6
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. Battleground. Spiders gain hunter 2 (and fierce while the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).

Nice, but I’d make it hunter 2 or fierce, not both (not that I know about any of your spiders to make a good judgment!).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:18 pm
Made some changes. Thanks for the review, Thranduil! Thumbs Up

elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Enchanted Stream 7
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. River. Regroup: Spot your Green minion and remove a threat to make the move limit for this turn -1 (to a minimum of 1).
Neat.

White Old Road of the Forest 7
Site 7 [LA]
Wow. Neato. Nice way to run for the win, with proper path control.

Site 7 [LA]
Cool.

Site 7 [LA]
Sweet.

Site 7 [LA]
Whoa. Mean.

White Barrel-room 6
Site 7 [LA]
They’ll often make the choice that hurts the least, but hopefully either one packs a punch!

Site 7 [LA]
Ah! This reminds me of other utterly evil site 7’s. Fun stuff.

White Elven Dungeon 7
Site 7 [LA]
Sweet.

White Spider Colony 6
Site 7 [LA]
Forest. Battleground. Spiders gain hunter 2 (or hunter 1 and fierce while the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
Dude! BANG! I love it.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:13 am
Well I was hoping for another review or two, since Site 7 has so many options, but reviews seem a little slower the last couple days. So, impatient guy that I am, I’m moving on! Razz

Site 8 is chiefly (though not entirely, as you’ll see) focused around Lake-town, and with Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth, any of these can become a sanctuary, just like in The Hobbit. However, ALSO like the book, the longer the fellowship lingers, the more risk you take on, because by then, chances are that lingering only makes things easier for your opponents to plan how to crush you at the next site, or rush ahead and beat you to the finish line.

Anyway, the actual sites don’t usually help as much as you might expect. This IS, after all, a town that Smaug swoops in and utterly destroys by the end of the novel. It’s not as peaceful as you might expect.

White Forest River 8
Site 8 [LA]
Forest. River. Each Green character is strength +1.

White Long Marshes 7
Site 8 [LA]
Marsh. When the fellowship moves here, spot your Green minion or two threats to exert each unwounded companion.

White River Running 8
Site 8 [LA]
River. Archery: Make your archery total -1 (to a minimum of 0) to draw a card.

White Long Lake 6
Site 8 [LA]
River. Shadow: Play a Moria or Orc minion to draw a card.

White Esgaroth Bridge Gate 6
Site 8 [LA]
River. When the fellowship moves here, add 1 for each non-Gandalf companion.

White Esgaroth Market-Place 9
Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. Fellowship: Spot 3 Gandalf Men to play a Gandalf Man ally from your draw deck; the twilight cost of that ally is -2. Limit once per phase.

This one is probably the easiest way to bring out Master of Laketown, Leader of Esgaroth...or any other ally you want, of course.

White Esgaroth Great Hall 7
Site 8 [LA]
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves here, if you cannot spot 3 Gandalf Man allies (or Master of Laketown), add 3 threats. Otherwise add a burden or a threat.

White Lake-town 9
Site 8 [LA]
River. Dwelling. Minions at Lake-town are not roaming.

Remember, Smaug is a site 9 minion. Twisted Evil
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards