LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:40 pm
Ah, and you do realise Great hall is already a site in Meduseld, right?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Pass of Imladris 2
Site 4 [LA]
Mountain. Shadow: Spot a Moria minion to play a weather card from your draw deck (limit once per turn).

WAHOO! Weather cards! A return to the classics!

Yep. Go no less than 10 in this set alone, spread among three different Shadow cultures. Very Happy My others sets feature them too, including events and/or conditions for not only Isengard, but the Sauron and Wraith cultures as well. Even Raider and Dunland may get in on the fun in later sets.

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Front Porch 3
Site 4 [LA]
Mountain. Moria minions are not roaming.

Do they not stop roaming at this site? It is where they live, isn’t it?

Not all of them. Lasting Alliances has a number of Site 5 Moria minions (especially Wargs) and even some Site 8 guys (like Bolg). This isn’t as useless as it might seem at first.

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Goblin-town 2
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. When the fellowship moves to Goblin-town, exert each captured companion and ally.

That’s rather mean!

That’s the whole point! Twisted Evil

Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Gollum’s Lake 2
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. Marsh. Shadow: Remove a threat to play Gollum from your draw deck. You may remove another threat to make his twilight cost -2.

Nice, but I’d probably get rid of the second ability, he’s only 2 anyway, and it makes the card more groggable if you take it out.

Hmmm. I’ll strongly consider it, but I’d rather wait and see what somebody else recommends first.

Thranduil wrote:
Ah, and you do realise Great hall is already a site in Meduseld, right?

Poop. Missed that. d'oh! I’ll come up with something else.

Thanks for the review! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:05 pm
Hrm...I’m reluctant to move on without two reviews. Anyone else want to take a stab at Site 4? Pretty, pretty please?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:22 pm
Sure, I’ll give it a go.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Changes made. Thanks, SoP!

u r welcome Wink it would be a ton easier if these were shadows sites Wink

But that’d be too easy. Razz

Site 4 is the Misty Mountains, both above ground and (mostly) below. Twisted Evil

White Pass of Imladris 2
Site 4 [LA]
Mountain. Shadow: Spot a Moria minion to play a weather card from your draw deck (limit once per turn).
Seems okay.

White Cirith Forn en Andrath 1
Site 4 [LA]
Mountain. The twilight cost of each Orc played here is -1. The twilight cost of each Man played here is +1.
Neato!

White Front Porch 3
Site 4 [LA]
Reminds me of Holin. But aren’t Moria minions usually not roaming at site 4? Except for the Balrog... and if you’re facing Ring-bound rangers.

White Great Underground Hall 2
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. At the beginning of the shadow phase, you may play a unique Moria Orc from your draw deck.
Maybe add a cost, like the removal of a burden or threat.

White Goblin-town 2
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. When the fellowship moves to Goblin-town, exert each captured companion and ally.
Cool!

White Gollum’s Cave 3
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. When the fellowship moves here, each player may take a riddle into hand from their draw deck.
Cool!

White Gollum’s Lake 2
Site 4 [LA]
Underground. Marsh. Shadow: Remove a threat to play Gollum from your draw deck. You may remove another threat to make his twilight cost -2.
You probably don’t need the second threat removal... just "Remove a threat to play Gollum from your draw deck. His twilight cost is -2."
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:51 am
elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
White Front Porch 3
Site 4 [LA]

Reminds me of Holin. But aren’t Moria minions usually not roaming at site 4? Except for the Balrog... and if you’re facing Ring-bound rangers.

Yes, but again, in this set, there are a number of Site 5 Moria minions, and even a couple that are roaming until Site 8.

Thanks for the review! GP

With only 5 sites, Site 5 is the least varied stop along the Lasting Alliances sitepath. It’s also the site where Shadow numbers REALLY jump...and if they seem too high, just compare them to pre-Shadows site paths. I think I’ve kept it in line.

Anyway, Site 5 focuses on the lands between Moria and our second sanctuary across the Anduin River. Enjoy!

White Goblin Gate 7
Site 5 [LA]
Mountain. When the fellowship moves from here, wound each Moria minion.

White Meeting-place of the Wolves 6
Site 5 [LA]
Forest. Battleground. Each Moria Orc and Warg at Meeting-place of the Wolves is strength +1.

White Eagle’s Eyrie 7
Site 5 [LA]
Mountain. Fellowship: Spot a Wizard or 3 threats to play an Eagle from your draw deck (limit once per turn).

White Rough Path 6
Site 5 [LA]
Mountain. When the fellowship moves here, add a threat for each minion you can spot (limit 3).

White Gladden Fields 7
Site 5 [LA]
Marsh. The twilight cost of each skirmish event is -1.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon May 21, 2007 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:04 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
With only 5 sites, Site 5 is the least varied stop along the Lasting Alliances sitepath. It’s also the site where Shadow numbers REALLY jump...and if they seem too high, just compare them to pre-Shadows site paths. I think I’ve kept it in line.

It always is - in fellowship there was only 1.

Anyway, Site 5 focuses on the lands between Moria and our second sanctuary across the Anduin River. Enjoy!

White Goblin Gate 8
Site 5 [LA]

Good. Either it’s fantastic for any enduring Moria minions (and I don’t know whether they are any or not) or it’s a high twilight cost balanced with a nasty penalty.

Site 5 [LA]
Forest. Battleground. Each Moria Orc and Warg at Meeting-place of the Wolves is strength +1.

Good. I’d be tempted to call it ’Warg-Country’.

White Eagle’s Eyrie 7
Site 5 [LA]
Mountain. Fellowship: Spot a Wizard or 3 threats to play an Eagle from your draw deck (limit once per turn).

Why not ’The Great Shelf’? Good stuff.

White Rough Path 7
Site 5 [LA]
Mountain. When the fellowship moves here, add a threat for each minion you can spot (limit 3).

Nice.

White Gladden Fields 7
Site 5 [LA]

Very interesting.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am back and spamming up a storm! so...

DáinIronfoot wrote:

White Goblin Gate 8
Site 5 [LA]
site 5 and it costs 8? lower cost to 6-7

Site 5 [LA]
nice

White Eagle’s Eyrie 7
Site 5 [LA]
nice! maybe add dwelling

White Rough Path 7
Site 5 [LA]
cut cost to 6

White Gladden Fields 7
Site 5 [LA]

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:35 pm
Tweaked a couple costs, as recommended. Better now?

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
much so.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:56 am
Great. Then here’s Site 6!

As Thranduil rightly guessed, the second sanctuary on the Lasting Alliances is not the realm of the Wood-elves, or the even later Lake-town, though I had considered both. Instead, it’s just on the other side of the Anduin River from the Misty Mountains (and Moria beneath them). A couple allies of Gandalf live here: Beorn, and Gandalf’s so-called "cousin" Radagast. Both are happy (after a good tale, at least Rolling Eyes) to take in the fellowship and refresh them...as are the Eagles, who also get the only site on this stop that’s on the OTHER side of the Anduin. I figured this made sense since they could have easily flown the fellowship from there past Beorn and Radagast, right to the edge of Mirkwood (where we’ll start trekking at Site 7).

Anyway, enough rambling. Onto the cards! Very Happy

White Beorn’s Home 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, heal each Green companion.

Remember, there’s a LOT of Green companions in this set, from the Wood-elves to the Eagles to Beorn and even Radagast. So this could cover almost the entire fellowship rather easily and allow an easy double-move. Very Happy

White Beorn’s Gardens 3
Site 6 [LA]
Forest. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of each Free Peoples mount (except Rohan and Gondor mounts) is -1.

Just like in The Hobbit, Beorn can rustle up some ponies for your fellowship.

White Old Ford 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. Skip the archery phase.

White The Carrock 3
Site 6 [LA]
River. Sanctuary. While the fellowship is at The Carrock, no more than one minion may be assigned to each skirmish.

White Forest Gate 3
Site 6 [LA]
Forest. Sanctuary. Green Orcs are not roaming.

Most of them are Site 7, so this could be trouble.

White Great Shelf 3
Site 6 [LA]
Mountain. Sanctuary. When the fellowship moves here, spot an Eagle to remove a threat (or spot 3 Eagles to remove 2 threats).

White Rhosgobel 3
Site 6 [LA]
Dwelling. Sanctuary. Fellowship: Play a Free Peoples Wizard from your hand or discard pile; his twilight cost is -2 (or -3 if that Wizard is Radagast).

Obviously, it’s a lot easier to get Radagast to join the party when you catch him at his own home. Very Happy

Next time: Mirkwood! Twisted Evil
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards