LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:25 am
I’ll get around to it later. I think that Troll’s Keyward should keep his 3 vitality, and just not be able to bear mounts. He can really only get 1-2 trolls in play without a mount.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:28 am
Lol Only 1-2 trolls for free. Well thats alright then! I dont mind facing a couple of porter trolls extra on top of 6 or so orcs. Great stuff!

Mind you again if the smith wasnt constantly recycling goblin hordes when you discard it you wouldnt get 7 trolls in your hand so perhaps that would be ok. But in multiplayer he’s still OP as you dont have to use the pool with your trolls other shadow players do it for you so you can do it every turn.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
add this to the top

"Because of the lack of Decipher producing balanced X/R-lists and erratra, and because of the escalation of cards in newer sets, we the players put together this Document for casual play to produce a funner, more balanced playing environment. This format is not designed to solve all the problems of overpowered decks and NPE decks, but simply remove auto-win cards, extremely broken card combinations, and infinite loops from the play environment."

and with the keyward just make him like the original except ALL trolls are twilight cost -2.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:30 pm
I think the Keyward is fine as is, IMO, not overpowered and insane, just... good.

But if you must change him, make him unable to bear mounts. Then, troll swarm is still possible (with enough twilight to start with), but not a garunteed thing.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
mm doughnuts
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:35 pm
Or limit it to twice per phase
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
mm doughnuts wrote:
Or limit it to twice per phase

mm you are a genius this would be the best way to do it IMHO.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anvar
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:49 pm
As a general rule for this exercise, you want to make as few changes as possible to a card. Too much errata is confusing and hard to remember, so change the cards as little as possible while preventing them from being broken.

Changing a card from a condition to an event, for example, is too much in my opinion, as is changing the stats on a card.

But then I think this unofficial errata thing is a very difficult enterprise, more difficult than the time it is being given here. What would need to happen would be to prove that the card is broken (easier in some cases than others), and then to assess all the possible changes, playtesting each to see which offers the simplest and best solution.

Basically, I think that the approach should be careful and simple,
Anvar
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 pm
keyward is perfectly fine the way he is
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:27 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Um no he isn’t.
Mayeb change him to
Shadow: Exert Troll’s Keyward and reveal your hand to add (1) for each Orc Troll revealed. (Limit 2)
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:38 pm
Take a look at what you just posted.

Then maybe you’ll realize how stupid that sounds.

Well...it would solve the card’s brokeness. But the question remains, who would use him?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion