LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:56 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
I’d normally wait for more reviews, but I’m in a creative mood! Let’s expand on the machines, shall we?

Yes...let’s! Smile

Foresight wrote:
3 Uruk Battle Tactition Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 9
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 5
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may add an Uruk-hai token to an Uruk-hai machine.

Good stuff. Thumbs Up Assuming they can all normally HAVE tokens, that is.

Foresight wrote:
4Ballista of War Uruk-hai
Possession • Support Area
Machine. Toil 1. When you play this condition, you may add an Uruk-hai token here for each site you control.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Uruk-hai tokens from here and spot an Uruk-hai minion to exert a companion.
Regroup: Remove 2 Uruk-hai tokens from here to play an Uruk-hai machine from your draw deck.

Needs to say "When you play this possession...." Don’t make the same mistakes as Big D! I like it otherwise, though.

Foresight wrote:
2 Breaking into the Keep Uruk-hai
Event • Shadow
Spot an Uruk-hai minion to reinforce an Uruk-hai token for each machine you can spot.

Cool.

Foresight wrote:
1 Elongated Pike Uruk-hai
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai.
When you play this possession, you may add an Uruk-hai token to an Uruk-hai machine.

Neat! Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
4Enraged Berserker Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 10
Vitality: 3
Damage +1. This minion is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish.
Skirmish: Remove 8 Uruk-hai tokens and exert this minion twice to exert each companion.

I think I’d make the last ability regroup instead, or increase his cost to 5. But awesome card! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:59 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Foresight wrote:
Machine. Toil 1. When you play this condition, you may add an Uruk-hai token here for each site you control.
Skirmish: Remove 2 Uruk-hai tokens from here and spot an Uruk-hai minion to exert a companion.
Regroup: Remove 2 Uruk-hai tokens from here to play an Uruk-hai machine from your draw deck.

Needs to say "When you play this possession...." Don’t make the same mistakes as Big D! I like it otherwise, though.

Good catch, Dain! Changed! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Last edited by Foresight on Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 am; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:14 am
Foresight wrote:
Good catch, Dain! Changed! Rolling Eyes Laughing

That’s what I’m here for. Mr. Green

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:10 am
[Uruk-Hai] are neither my favorite culture, nor my strength in designing/reviewing, but I’ll give them a try nonetheless.

Foresight wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may add an Uruk-hai token to an Uruk-hai machine.

Cool. Seems a nice card for any [Uruk-Hai] machine deck.

Foresight wrote:

Machine. Toil 1. When you play this possession, you may add an Uruk-hai token here for each site you control.

Great! Maybe you could make two cards out of this, and add an additional way to add tokens to both cards? Or are there any other token-adding cards you thought of?

Foresight wrote:

Event • Shadow
Spot an Uruk-hai minion to reinforce an Uruk-hai token for each machine you can spot.

Like this one. Laughing Cool.

Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
When you play this possession, you may add an Uruk-hai token to an Uruk-hai machine.

Or this one. Very Happy I think this one could do with a little extra ability.

Foresight wrote:

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. This minion is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish.
Skirmish: Remove 8 Uruk-hai tokens and exert this minion twice to exert each companion.

Awesome! Really brings back the Berserker feel!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:
I’d normally wait for more reviews, but I’m in a creative mood! Let’s expand on the machines, shall we?

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1.
ncie

Machine. Toil 1. When you play this possession, you may add an Uruk-hai token here for each site you control.
ok cut cost to 3 and cut the TOIL IMHO

Event • Shadow
needs a limit

Possession • Hand Weapon
sure

Minion • Uruk-hai

make it wound. see uruk slayer
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Some more machine-oriented cards! Twisted Evil

2 Long-Shafted Battering Ram Uruk-hai
Possession • Hand Weapon
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine to make the Free Peoples player choose one: Make bearer strength +2 until the end of the turn or reinforce 5 Uruk-hai tokens. You may do this only once each turn.

2 Ballista Engineer Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Damage +1. To play, spot a machine. At the start of the maneuver phase, if this minion is stacked on a machine, you may add an Uruk-hai token to that machine.
Maneuver: Stack this minion on a machine.

0 Reloading the Machine of War Uruk-hai
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Uruk-hai minion stacked on a machine to add an Uruk-hai token to that machine.

4Saruman, Battle Coordinator Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Site Number: 4
Saruman cannot be assigned to a skirmish by any player.
When you play Saruman, you may stack an Uruk-hai or Isengard Uruk-hai from your discard pile on a machine.
Assignment: Exert Saruman and remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine to play a minion stacked on that machine. It is twilight cost -1.

2 The Keep is Taken Uruk-hai
Event • Shadow
Discard from play any number of machines and Uruk-hai minions stacked on them. If the total number of cards discarded is greater than 10, exert every companion and take control of a site.
Last edited by Foresight on Thu May 24, 2007 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine to make the Free Peoples player choose one: Make bearer strength +2 until the end of the turn or reinforce 5 Uruk-hai tokens. You may do this only once each turn.

Funny! I like it.

Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. To play, spot a machine. At the start of the maneuver phase, if this minion is stacked on a machine, you may add an Uruk-hai token to that machine.

Cool. I’d be tempted to make him more powerful then put the stacking ability in the regroup, but fair enough.

0 Reloading the Assault Devilry Uruk-hai
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Uruk-hai minion stacked on a machine to add an Uruk-hai token to that machine.

Title doesn’t make much sense. Not good enough for an event that clogs your hand. Make it more tokens, even if it means you have to increase its twilight cost.

Minion • Wizard
When you play Saruman, you may stack an Uruk-hai or Isengard Uruk-hai from your discard pile on a machine.
Assignment: Exert Saruman and remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine to play a minion stacked on that machine. It is twilight cost -1.

You can skip the bit ’by any player’. Very cool. Make it ’remove 3 tokens from your machine’ so that it works with the old Isengard machines as well.

Event • Shadow
Discard from play any number of machines and Uruk-hai minions stacked on them. If the total number of cards discarded is greater than 10, exert every companion and take control of a site.

I did’t understand the point of the first sentence of this card, but then I tried to write it, and now I do! Nice, but I’d make it a maneuver event.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:01 pm
Foresight wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine to make the Free Peoples player choose one: Make bearer strength +2 until the end of the turn or reinforce 5 Uruk-hai tokens. You may do this only once each turn.

I’d lower the initial strength boost to +1.

Foresight wrote:
Minion • Uruk-hai

Interesting. I think you need to start a new line after "to play, spot a machine", but that’s just because I’m trying to come up with something to say about it. Razz

Foresight wrote:
Event • Maneuver

Yeah, change that title. Other than that, it’s okay, but nothing spectacular.

Foresight wrote:
Minion • Wizard

Cut "by any player", and try and come up with a different subtitle. I like Thranduil’s other suggestion too, about the tokens. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
Event • Shadow

Yikes! That’s really nasty and really cool! GP

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
cool! make it +3 though

Minion • Uruk-hai
make it each maneuver phase

Event • Maneuver
the title is messed up change it a bit

Minion • Wizard
sure

Event • Shadow

cut it down to 5-6
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 pm
Foresight wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon

At the start of the skirmish phase.

Minion • Uruk-hai

Wow. Crazy token reinforcement.

Event • Maneuver

Eh...wha? Change the name.

Minion • Wizard

Nice.

Event • Shadow

WOW! This makes everything AWESOM! Run it well enough and with multiple copies, you can exhaust a fellowship. My only concern is that its overpowered.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards