LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:04 am
Foresight wrote:
3 Embodiment of Evil Isengard
Event • Maneuver
Exert Saruman twice to choose one: Add 2 threats, add a burden, reinforce 2 Uruk-hai or Isengard tokens, or exert a companion. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion from hand to prevent this.

Decipher’s grammar isn’t that impressive, so I’ll keep the colon. I just changed it to Free Peoples card. Thumbs Up

You’re right on that one, but I actually meant it should be like this: ’... choose one: add 2 threats; add a burden; reinforce...’

Thanduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:40 pm
Any more reviews out there? I know Uruk-hai isn’t the most sought-after culture by most people’s standards, but the cards I’m making are trying to revolutionize and rejuvenate the Uruk-hai culture. Here’s to hoping for another reviewer: Pray
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:48 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Foresight wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Exert Saruman twice to choose one: Add 2 threats, add a burden, reinforce 2 Uruk-hai or Isengard tokens, or exert a companion. The Free Peoples player may discard a Free Peoples card from hand to prevent this.

With the easy buy-out and the specificity on how it’s played, I think you could drop the cost to at least 2, and maybe as low as 1.

Foresight wrote:
2Saruman’s Invention Isengard
Possession • Support Area
Machine. When you play this machine, you may choose one: spot an Uruk-hai minion to add an Uruk-hai token here, or spot an Isengard minion to add an Isengard token here.
Maneuver: Remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from here to make an Uruk-hai strength +2 until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Remove 3 Isengard tokens from here to make an Uruk-hai damage +1 until the regroup phase.

With all the reinforcing machine tokens get, this is fine, I think. Nice way of tying them together. Thumbs Up

Foresight wrote:
1 Blinding Blow Uruk-hai
Event • Skirmish
Make an Uruk-hai strength +X, where X is the number of Isengard tokens you can spot (Limit +4).

Good.

Foresight wrote:
1 Skewered Assault Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Make an Uruk-hai strength +x, where X is the number of Uruk-hai tokens you can spot (Limit +4).

Ditto.

Foresight wrote:
5Siege Master, Fearsome Overseer Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 5
Damage +1. When you play Siege Master, you may remove 2 Isengard tokens from a machine to make his twilight cost -1.
Skirmish: Remove 3 Uruk-hai tokens from a machine and discard an Uruk-hai card from hand to make Siege Master strength +3.

Cool! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Foresight wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Exert Saruman twice to choose one: Add 2 threats, add a burden, reinforce 2 Uruk-hai or Isengard tokens, or exert a companion. The Free Peoples player may discard a Free Peoples card from hand to prevent this.

With the easy buy-out and the specificity on how it’s played, I think you could drop the cost to at least 2, and maybe as low as 1.

The reason I have it costed so high is because it’s a swiss army card. It does pretty much whatever you need for your strategy, it’s if you can exert Saruman twice, so it doesn’t necessarily need to be in an Uruk-hai or an Isengard deck. That’s why I got it at a 3. Anyone else want to give a review before I move on to the next ones? Going once, going twice...
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 pm
But it can only do one of them at a time. I’d still bring its cost down, you shouldn’t pay that much extra for choosing from a list. And it’s still a very specific card as it requires you to have Saruman in play, then exert him twice.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:59 pm
More machine fun, but machines need engines, don’t they?!

2Dark Source Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
Engine. Each Uruk-hai machine is twilight cost -1.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to add an Uruk-hai or Isengard token to your machine.

1 Be Prepared, Be Dangerous Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Remove X Uruk-hai and Isengard tokens from machines. If the number of tokens you removed is greater than the number of companions you can spot, make an Uruk-hai strength +X.

2 Uruk Whelp Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Damage +1. When you play this minion, you may spot an Uruk-hai machine to play an Uruk-hai engine from your discard pile.

1 Concussion Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Spot Saruman bearing a staff to wound a companion he is skirmishing.

4Onyx Engine Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
Engine. Toil 1. Each other Uruk-hai engine is twilight cost -1.
Regroup: Exert an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai to reinforce an Uruk-hai token on a machine.
Last edited by Foresight on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:38 pm
Foresight wrote:

2Dark Source Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Discard this condition to add an Uruk-hai or Isengard token to your machine.

Fun! In your eyes, just exactly what is the difference between an engine and a machine?

Event • Skirmish
Remove X Uruk-hai and Isengard tokens from machines. If the number of tokens you removed is greater than the number of companions you can spot, make an Uruk-hai strength +X.

Crazy card! No idea how balanced it is! Probably fine.

2 Uruk Fledgling Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Damage +1. When you play this minion, you may spot an Uruk-hai machine to play an Uruk-hai engine from your discard pile.

Fledgling? They’re not sweet little doves, you know. These are the fighting uruk-hai! Interesting card. Might take out the spotting a machine bit, if all your engines work with machines.

1 Concussion Isengard
Event • Skirmish

Terrible title! Saruman’s a Maia from Valinor, one of the most powerful beings in middle-earth, and all he can do is cause concussion? Nice card though.

4Onyx Engine Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
Engine. Toil 1. Each Uruk-hai engine is twilight cost -1.
Regroup: Exert an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai to reinforce an Uruk-hai token on a machine.

Great. I’d add Isengard token to the mix as well.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:04 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I was in the middle of reviewing and realized I was just echoing Thranduil, so I’ll just second what he said. The only thing I’d add is that you need to specify on Onyx Engine whether it gets its own cost reduction by changing it to "Each other Uruk-hai engine is twilight cost -1", if you intend for it to only be other engines.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:

2Dark Source Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
uh i guess you could use engines too...why not?

Event • Skirmish
nice

2 Uruk Fledgling Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
sure
1 Concussion Isengard
Event • Skirmish
Laughing needs some lore Wink

4Onyx Engine Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
Engine. Toil 1. Each Uruk-hai engine is twilight cost -1.

why not
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards