LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Sweet stuff, man! I actually had a little thing like this as a .txt file on my computer, but this is just plain awesome! GP
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 pm
Basically, I just got tired of trying to do something similar, and figured it would help everyone out.

And this way we can avoid problems like the current turn and figure out how we’re going to go through the turn here, and able to see what everyone can do for sure.

Right now, there’s just SoP’s unnamed card (which I suggested a name for) and NBarden’s assignment phase card (which I’m waiting for Dain to respond about as it affects his skirmish).

EDIT: SoP’s card is in the Elven section. NBarden’s is waiting for the discussion, and AgentDrake’s has yet to be posted.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Wow, this is amazingly helpful.
GP for this and keeping it updated!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:12 pm
So, I guess I’ll start this up...

Any thoughts on 1 cost conditions or how to determine who to heal?

Rorin has 1 wound (should be), so has 2 vitality and does not exert for abilities.
Silvarin has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does not exert for abilities.
Tuilin has 2 wounds, so 1 vitality and does not exert for abilities.
Legoles has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does exert to gain hunter 1.
Celebthir has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does not exert for abilities.
Ryle has 4 wounds, so 2 vitality and does exert to keep events played in his skirmish.
Duinihir has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does exert to make minions skirmishing him lose hunter.
Dirthon has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does exert to weaken minions based on the number of roaming minions.
Ectheow has 1 wound, so 2 vitality and does exert to play Rohan possessions (which, if on him, wounds a minion).
Adalard has 2 wounds, so 2 vitality and does not exert for abilities.

Personally, I’d put remaining vitality, ability that exerts, then number of wounds, meaning;
(1 vitality)
Tuilin, who has 2 wounds but doesn’t exert, heals once
(2 vitality)
-(ability that exerts the companion?)
Legoles, who has 1 wound, heals once
Ryle, who has 4 wound, heals once
Duinihir, who has 1 wound, heals once
Dirthon, who has 1 wound, heals once
Ectheow, who has 1 wound, heals once

This would leave us with 1 wound to heal and:
Rorin - 1 wound, 2 vitality, doesn’t exert for abilities
Silvarin - 1 wound, 2 vitality, doesn’t exert for abilities
Tuilin - 1 wound, 2 vitality, doesn’t exert for abilities (was healed once)
Celebthir - 1 wound, 2 vitality, doesn’t exert for abilities
Ryle - 3 wounds, 3 vitality, does exert to keep events
Adalard - 2 wounds, 2 vitality, doesn’t exert for abilities

I’d be next using my method (having more wounds than anyone else with only 2 vitality), but might also suggest Ryle gets healed again, as without his possession, he’s only got 1 vitality.

EDIT: Okay, so healing method has been determined, and 8 wounds will be healed.

BattleWarg
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:36 am
Alright, 7 conditions left to make...

Duinihir (NB), Ellar (Akie), Ectheow (AD), Dirthon (AP) have all posted their conditions...

One that can heal up to 3 wounds (currently) during regroup, one with strength boosts, one that heals or removes burdens that can discard a condition (either once). The last heals (up to once per site after #4) or pumps rangers (we have 3)

Any thoughts on needs for the future?

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:27 am
Great initiative, BW! GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The conditions I made take care of Ryle and the Gandalf Men pretty well, as well as a little loving for rangers:

1Friends and Allies Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot 2 Gandalf Men.
Rorin and each Gandalf Man is resistance +1.
Each time Rorin is about to take a wound, you may exert a Gandalf Man and add 1 to prevent that.
Each time Rorin wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to heal a Gandalf Man.
“‘Rorin son of Balir is a good friend to the men of Dale....’”

1Courage and Valor Gandalf
Condition
Strength +1
Bearer must be Ryle.
At the start of each maneuver phase, if Ryle has resistance 6 or more, you may heal a Gandalf Man or ranger (and remove 1 if Ryle has resistance 8 or more).
“‘...that boy has potential even he cannot fully see.’”

The first one pairs with Ellar’s ability pretty well, and these two conditions pair with each other well too thanks to the second condition removing some of the twilight that the first adds.

Since Ryle has only 3 rather than 4 wounds, I think he could stand going with just one healing...though two would be better since he has to exert a lot. I THINK Rorin could go without healing if he had to, but it’s a long way until the next sanctuary....

My recommendations would be:

Silvarin heals once (fully healed)
Legoles heals once (fully healed)
Ryle heals twice (one wound left)
Dirthon heals once (fully healed)
Ectheow heals once (fully healed)
Celebthir heals once (fully healed)
Adalard heals once (one wound left)

After that, everyone would be healed except Rorin, Tuilin, Ryle, Duinhir, and Adalard, who would each have one wound left. Rorin, Ryle, and Duinhir have ways of healing (or at least preventing further wounds when needed) after we leave the sanctuary thanks to new conditions, so only Tuilin and Adalard (and Rorin, if possible) would need some additional help.

Did I miss anyone?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed May 02, 2007 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:17 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
here’s the condition i made

1 Practice Elven
Condition - Support Area
When you play this condition add 2 Elven tokens here, While there are no tokens here, discard this condition.
Fellowship Exert an Archer to add a Elven token here.
Archery Remove a token from this condition and spot a Archer to add 1 to the Fellowship Archery total.
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
elf lvr
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:18 pm
I’d hope you let my character heal; he has plenty of exerting cards coming.

And my condition is up. You can all tell me it’s perfect, if you want. Very Happy
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:26 pm
"Not so, little one. To my eyes, it seems like you missed the exact center by a few centimeters. Anyone with true skill could see that. Do not boast of ’perfection’ you have not attained, younger brother," said Silvarin, equally lightly.

Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards