LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 am
--- description ---
This is a Hobbit deck that brings Gandalf and Shadowfax along to help them out of their troubles.
--- end description ---

Format: Expanded (35 cards)

Starting Fellowship
Sam, Bearer of Great Need
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Merry, The Tall One
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer
Frodo, Frenzied Fighter

Aragorn, Thorongil x1
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x1
Radagast, The Brown x1
Meant to be Alone x2
Make Haste x2
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas x2
Citadel to Gate x3
No Visitors x2
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor x1
Frodo Gamgee, Son of Samwise x1
The Gaffer, Master Gardener x1
Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom x2
Seeing Stone of Orthanc x2
A Wizard Is Never Late x2
Little Golden Flower x2
Sudden Fury x2
Home and Hearth x2
Traveled Leader x2

This is a deck I am planning on adding to my Best of RoS article as an example of a deck to include Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas. This is a very rough draft, and it most likely needs a good bit of help. Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Very Happy
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:57 am; edited 5 times in totalI had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
if you have followers use bearer of great need IMHO right now it just looks like it couldn’t do anything...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:26 pm
Done. Thanks, SoP! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
better WoBaS? why him? hum, a little golden flower is always nice, and no hobbit deck is complete without some sudden fury
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:37 pm
Edited. I used WoBaS because he can take care of minions in region 1, and sometimes early in region 2. Thumbs Up
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Aragorn, Driven By Need would make an excellent splash as your main fighter, AND a great way to remove threats. Then you could use a Seeing Stone of Orthanc to remove some of the twilight added by Citadel to Gate. Hearts Raised would be a nice option as well.

On the Shire side of things, I’d highly recommend Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom for excellent threat removal. I’d say throw in at least 2 and take out copies of Meant to be Alone or Make Haste to make room. Oh, and I’d highly recommend Merry, The Tall One instead of Merry, Loyal Companion; I think The Tall One is more flexible in a deck with threats and followers, like this one.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:11 pm
Thanks, Dain. Edited as suggested, with the exception of Hearts Raised. Smile
yerkamig
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:32 am
A couple questions:

Who’s starting? I assume you’re pulling a hobbit with the Dragon, but your two Seeing Stones might clog until your Aragorn shows. You might try leaving one hobbit to show later so you can use the Prancing Pony.

And speaking of hand clog, you’ve got three Gandie-specific cards but only one Gandie. And you’ve got seven wizard cards but only two wizards. This will definitely clog. You’ll want at least one A wizard is never late.

Keep going though. I like it.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:59 am
I edited the decklist. Thanks for the suggestions, yerkamig! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded