LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm
--- description ---
A mix between Noble Leaders and the classic Gondor Tokens strategy.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Free Peoples (35)
Faramir, Prince of Ithilien (starting)
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith (starting)
Aragorn, Isildur’s Heir x2
Isildur, Heir of Elendil
Elendil, The Tall x2
Anduril, Sword That Was Broken
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Sapling of the White Tree x4
Scroll of Isildur
Throne of Minas Tirith
Ring of Barahir
Brego, Loyal Steed
Coat of Mail
Ithilien Blade x2
Banner of Westernesse
Heirs of Gondor x2
Noble Leaders x3
Garrison of Osgiliath
Houses of Healing x2
Storied Homestead
King’s Legacy
Bow of Minas Tirith
Ranger’s Cloak
Guarded City x2

Okay, I know this deck looks really mixed up, but it actually works extremely well if you know how to play it (which I do). The basic strategy is to play your companions, load ’em up with possessions and artifacts, play your conditions, and play your support area artifacts.

Aragorn can spot 5 conditions with tokens, making him strength +5, and can also have Anduril and a Bow for a total of 16 strength. Noble Leaders and Heirs of Gondor (and even Garrison of Osgiliath in a pinch) make him stronger, and he can even fight 2 companions with his ability.

Elendil gets Narsil (preferably at site 3 for a triple to site 6 or at site 6 for a triple to site 9), making him strength 14. Use the token conditions to make him strong too.

Isildur gets the Banner of Westernesse, which means that with King’s Legacy he has some major healing every time he wins a skirmish. He also draws cards for my Morc Shadow side.

Faramir gets a sword, making him defender +1 and good stats.

Denethor gets a sword making him strength 10, but he’s mostly there to grab the cards you need at sites 3 and 6.

For token reinforcing, you have Brego, Loyal Steed, Throne of Minas Tirith, and Guarded City. Throne of Minas Tirith is AMAZING! It can easily reinforce 4 tokens every site, and even more if you go up against a swarm. Guarded City can reinforce 5 tokens, which isn’t too bad. And Brego gives a one-time reinforcement, as well as a nice wounding ability.

Problems with possessions? Use Throne of Minas Tirith to discard them all.

Problems with site control or conditions like Lost in the Woods or Pursuing Horde? Anduril helps you there.

Problems with wounds? Sapling prevents ’em.

Problems with healing? Reinforce Houses of Healing, and use it to heal your fellowship.

Problems with corruption? Boromir has 12 resistance with the Scroll and Ranger’s Cloak, which should allow you to survive for quite some time.

And then Storied Homestead has a neat ability, canceling the abilities of minions. It’s nice against Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul.

Thoughts? This deck is kickin’ butt right now, but it can probably be improved even more.

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet deck good job AC!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm
Thanks! I don’t have all the cards yet (notably Anduril, StwB), but I’ve used proxies and it went smoothly.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:48 pm
This deck looks awesome! I think I’ve found a deck to put my Anduril StwB in! Wink
I had to put something here.
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 pm
Find a why to pop Gandalf, Returned and a few of his possessions in and have major token reinforcing.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:01 pm
Hmm... he could be good, especially if he killed the minion in the skirmish since I’d get 2 tokens because of Throne of Minas Tirith. I’ll try that out (although I doubt I’ll be able to get my hands on Gandalf, Returned since he’s so expensive).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Virtuouss
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:58 pm
You may add Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow and Radagast, The Brown to run 3 sites.
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:07 am
i have a deck similar to this
yes gondor does kick some major butt.
however my deck relys more on events rather than conditions.

why not use faramir, captain of gondor ?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 am
Sweet deck. Add 2x Madril, Defender of Osgiliath and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. And now anything to tough to take on gets discarded. Sauron? IB. Mountain Troll? IB. Damage +2 fierce balrog? IB. Shotgun Enquea? IB.

Or at least Gondorian Merchant for some really sticky situations. Soldier’s Cache would be nice...if it got released...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:21 pm
Sounds good AC! Wouldn’t this build be a little weak at condition discarding?
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded