LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:01 pm
Nice cards. The only thing I would change is Leader of the Company so that it reads "Exert Gandalf X times to play the next X sites on the adventure path(Replacing opponet’s if neccecary."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
seeing as people seem to be done reviewing, here’s the next batch of gandy cards

2 ●Glamdring, Fire-brand Gandalf
Possession – Hand Weapon
Str + 2
Bearer must be Gandalf. He is Damage +1. Skirmish if Gandalf is about to be overwhelmed, discard Glamdring and exert Gandalf twice to prevent that.
R
make it once.

3 Leader of the Company Gandalf
Event – Fellowship
Exert Gandalf X times to play the next X sites on the adventure path (replacing the opponent’s site if nessecary).
C
make it limit 2

2 ●Scroll of Isildur, Treasured Artifact Gandalf
Possession – Support Area
This possession cannot be discarded by shadow cards.
Fellowship Exert a Gandalf companion and a Gondor companion to add a Gandalf token here.
Regroup Remove 3 Gandalf tokens to reconcile your hand, discard this possession.
U
why not make it an artifact? cut cost to 1 max

2 To the Bridge Gandalf
Event – Skirmish
Make Gandalf Strength +1 for each minion you can spot ( Limit +4)

cut cost to 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:56 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
sry fo a Loooooooooooooong delay, but a new batch is here

1 Athelas Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. Fellowship Discard this possession to heal a companion (or if you can spot more then 5 burdens, heal the Ring-Bearer twice).
C35

4 ●Aragorn, Mysterious Ranger Gondor
Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 4
Res 8
Ranger. Death Blow 1. While Aragorn bears a hand weapon, he is Defender +1. Fellowship Exert twice Aragorn to remove a burden or threat
R36

2 ●Aragorn’s Sword Gondor
Possession – Hand Weapon
Str +1
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is Damage +1. Skirmish Exert Aragorn to cancel a skirmish involving a hobbit (except the Ring-Bearer).
R37

4 ●Boromir, Halfling Protector Gondor
Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 3
Res 5
Ranger. Death Blow 1. Maneuver add 1 and discard your condition to discard a minion. Skirmish Discard Boromir, then discard a minion for each unbound hobbit you can spot.
U38
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 am; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:06 am
legoles3333 wrote:

1 Athelas Gondor
Possession
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. Fellowship Discard this possession to heal a companion (or if you can spot more then 5 burdens, heal the Ring-Bearer twice).
C

Nice new version. A bit weak compared to the existing ones, though.

legoles3333 wrote:

Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 4
Res 8
Ranger. Death Blow 1. While Aragorn bears a hand weapon, he is Defender +1. Fellowship Exert twice Aragorn to remove a burden or threat. At the start of each skirmish involving Aragorn, spot a hobbit to heal a companion
R

Cool! Maybe too much abilities, though. I’d skip the hobbit-thing maybe.

legoles3333 wrote:

Possession – Hand Weapon
Str +1
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is Damage +1. Skirmish Exert Aragorn to cancel a skirmish involving a hobbit (except the Ring-Bearer).
R

Nice!

legoles3333 wrote:

Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 3
Res 5
Ranger. Death Blow 1. Maneuver Discard a condition to discard a minion. Skirmish Discard Boromir, then discard a minion for each unbound hobbit you can spot.
U

I think it should say, ’discard your condition’, but still, quite a bit powerful. Cool idea, but maybe have an additional cost to the maneuver ability.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:12 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
changes made, better?
Here's My Trade List
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:21 am
Yes, much better. I still think Boromir’s Maneuver ability is very powerful, but maybe you could get some other’s opinions on it. Anyway, here’s some GP for the cool ideas.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:25 am
ok next gondor bunch

2 Broken Blade Gondor
Event – Fellowship
Spot Aragorn to play a possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile
C39

3 ●Dunedan Ranger Gondor
Companion – Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 7
Ranger. Maneuver Exert Dunedan Ranger twice to discard a minion. Regroup Exert Dunedan Ranger to Discard a Minion.
U40

5 ●Elendil, High King of Men Gondor
Str 9
Vit 4
Ringed Res 7
Knight. Death Blow 3. If Elendil is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves wound 2 knights or add 2 burdens. Skirmish Exert Elendil twice to make each other Gondor companion strength +1 for each of the following you can spot, Isildur, Aragorn, and Anorion.
R41

2 Guided by Fate Gondor
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup Exert a Ranger (or spot 2 rangers) to play the fellowship’s next site, Discard this condition Skirmish Exert a Ranger to make a hobbit strength + 3.
U42
Last edited by legoles3333 on Wed May 23, 2007 5:49 am; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:09 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
sry fo a Loooooooooooooong delay, but a new batch is here

1 Athelas Gondor
Possession
C35

’Then’ should be ’than’, and ’more than’ is in fact redundant, you should just say ’spot 6 burdens’. Nice.

Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 4
Res 8
Ranger. Death Blow 1. While Aragorn bears a hand weapon, he is Defender +1. Fellowship Exert twice Aragorn to remove a burden or threat
R36

Like him. Very interesting.

Possession – Hand Weapon
Str +1
R37

You don’t need to say ’except the ring-bearer’, it’s now against the rules to cancel the ring-bearer’s skirmish. Very nice, but for 2 twilight, I want +2 strength.

Companion – Man
Str 8
Vit 3
Res 5
Ranger. Death Blow 1. Maneuver add 1 and discard your condition to discard a minion. Skirmish Discard Boromir, then discard a minion for each unbound hobbit you can spot.
U38

Very powerful. I’d take his strength down to his usual 7.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:13 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
ok next gondor bunch

3 Broken Blade Gondor
Event – Fellowship
Exert Aragorn to play a possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile
C39

Doesn’t need to cost 3, the new boromir effectively does that and you pay three to get it AND a companion. Given that you’re exerting, 1 is the most you can charge. I’d make it spot, then cost 2. I like it.

3 ●Dunedan Ranger Gondor
Companion – Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 7
Ranger. Maneuver Exert Dunedan Ranger twice to discard a minion. Regroup Exert Dunedan Ranger to Discard a Minion.
U40

Good. Doesn’t need resistance 7.

Str 9
Vit 4
Ringed Res 7
Knight. Death Blow 3. If Elendil is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves wound him unless you can spot another knight. Skirmish Exert Elendil twice to make each other Gondor companion strength +1 for each of the following you can spot, Isildur, Aragorn, and Boromir.
R41

It’s a bit weird Elendil having a game text referencing people he would never have met - I would reference Isildur, Anarion and Gil-Galad, but that’s just a matter of purism. His drawback should be ’Each time the fellowship moves, wound 2 knights or add 2 burdens.’ Good.

3 Guided by Fate Gondor
Condition – Support Area
[b]Fellowship or Regroup
Exert a Ranger (or spot 2 rangers) to play the fellowship’s next site, Discard this condition Skirmish Exert a Ranger to make a hobbit strength + 3.
U42

Great card!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
legoles3333 wrote:
ok next gondor bunch

3 Broken Blade Gondor
Event – Fellowship
Exert Aragorn to play a possession on him from your draw deck or discard pile
C39
way underpowered make it cost 0

3 ●Dunedan Ranger Gondor
Companion – Man
Str 7
Vit 3
Res 7
U40
uncapitalize discard in the regroup ability. otherwise cool!

Str 9
Vit 4
Ringed Res 7
Knight. Death Blow 3. If Elendil is the Ring-Bearer, each time the fellowship moves wound him unless you can spot another knight. Skirmish Exert Elendil twice to make each other Gondor companion strength +1 for each of the following you can spot, Isildur, Aragorn, and Boromir.
R41
ok first things first, he is the most OP alternate ever. his drawback is incredibly easily countered. make it you must wound him twice or assign 3 wounds to your knights

3 Guided by Fate Gondor
Condition – Support Area
Fellowship or Regroup Exert a Ranger (or spot 2 rangers) to play the fellowship’s next site, Discard this condition Skirmish Exert a Ranger to make a hobbit strength + 3.
U42

very nice but cut cost to 1-2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards