LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
legoles3333
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well i think you underestimate Death they Cried, i once ran a deck around that card and eowyn, lady of ithilien, oh yeah most useless ever, verily i come
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
LunaticFringe
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:27 pm
Looks like no one ever played with the Archery text of the javelins, both Rohirrim and Riddermark. Properly staged, Death They Cried can give double moves consistentcy. Rohan survives not simply in applying possessions, but in the timely discarding of them. Considering the fact that Aragorn, Defender of Rohan can use Ranger’s Longbow, Death They Cried gets even more interesting. Two Riddermark Javelins at a plains and the Bow net five wounds to start, ten with the safety of five companions, and you haven’t even gotten to having Eomer throw his spear, or Eowyn draw her blade. Ten wounds on an already exerted opponent is a deal I’ll make all day long when I’m setting the where and the when of the exerting.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 pm
You make a good point LF, but the thing I don’t like about Death They Cried is that the Shadow player can stop the cycle whenever he thinks it’ll benefit him most.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:23 pm
I hate cards like mithril shaft, killing field, the other cards that don’t do anything. Merry’s armor, seeking new foes.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:31 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Funny i just realized that I have
Seeking New Foes, Death they Cried, AND Men of Harad
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
TheJord
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:44 pm
New Power Rising can be harsh on your fellowship, Race Across the Mark got mentioned as the Uruk-hai skirmish cancel condition.

Army of Haradrim is overly expensive...
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:25 pm
Pippin, Hastiest of All.

Race across the Mark is good for trackers such as Uruk Foot Soldier and keeping your Uruk-Hai alive for regroup actions like attack on helm’s deep. I use it in conjunction with Attack on Helm’s deep to keep them alive and take control of sites with Uruk Foot Soldiers, and then drop a bomb with Uruk-Hai Horde and co. (And Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul.)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:51 pm
Hey, in defense of Parry, back in the day I ran a deck based around Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow getting assigned to Frodo. Parry was crucial in negating the strength of any Hobbit Sword or Sting he happened to be wielding.

Yeah, I know... still pretty much useless.

Oh, but I think the most useless rares are Merry, Impatient Hobbit and Pippin, Hastiest of All. Those two blow corn.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:16 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
menace64 wrote:

Oh, but I think the most useless rares are Merry, Impatient Hobbit and Pippin, Hastiest of All. Those two blow corn.

Old-School Ents with that one Treebeard ought to work fairly well. Especially since discarding these guys gets rid of all wounds.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:05 pm
NBarden wrote:
Race across the Mark is good for trackers such as Uruk Foot Soldier and keeping your Uruk-Hai alive for regroup actions like attack on helm’s deep. I use it in conjunction with Attack on Helm’s deep to keep them alive and take control of sites with Uruk Foot Soldiers, and then drop a bomb with Uruk-Hai Horde and co. (And Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul.)

Race Across the Mark is also very good when used with Uruk Besieger, Uruk Veteran, and Uruk Trooper. Thumbs Up

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion