LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:09 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dáin’s DC Duos #124

Well, that went much faster and much smoother than I expected it would. Smile Moria comes to a close today. We’ll be back, both when we clean up the set once the last few cultures go up, and again in a big way in the next set, The Road Ahead. Should I ever finish it, The Third Age will have a large Moria influence as well, meaning that 3 out of my 5 sets will feature Moria. Not too shabby for a long-discarded culture, eh? Very Happy

Before we go, there’s a couple pretty powerful cards left. And here they are. Enjoy!

2 Half Blind With Rage Moria
Condition
Skirmish: Exert a Moria minion to play this condition on a Dwarf it is skirmishing.
Bearer loses all hunter bonuses.
Each time bearer loses a skirmish involving a Moria Orc, exert bearer.
“Soon Náin made a great stroke with all his strength that remained, but Azog darted aside and kicked Náin’s leg....”

This one was designed very recently, when I decided to add Azog to the set. Works great with Moria Orcs, obviously (woe to anyone using Gimli, Eager Hunter!), but don’t ignore its usefulness with Moria Wargs and even the Balrog. Aragorn, Thorongil and the like can’t survive as well against ol’ Balgy now! Twisted Evil

4Great Goblin, Ruler of Goblin-town Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Lurker.
To play, spot 2 Moria Orcs.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin to make a Moria Orc fierce until the regroup phase (and damage +1 if that Orc bears a weapon or is Great Goblin).
“There in the shadows on a large flat stone sat a tremendous goblin with a huge head, and armed goblins were standing round him carrying the axes and the bent swords that they use.”

And we bookend the culture with the same character that started it. The other version is great at capturing. This one is a pure pumper for his fellow goblins (or himself), and nicely ties in the mini-possession strategy they have going with cards like Marching To War, Spoils, Goblin Gatekeeper, Goblin Forger, and, of course, the new Moria mounts. Very Happy

Aaaaaaand we’re done! Next culture starts tomorrow. If you haven’t voted for which culture that will be yet, go do it! Very Happy Right now, Gondor has a 4-3 lead on the Green Shadow side.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:18 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #124

Condition
Skirmish: Exert a Moria minion to play this condition on a Dwarf it is skirmishing.
“Soon Náin made a great stroke with all his strength that remained, but Azog darted aside and kicked Náin’s leg....”

Harsh card, but balanced, as it only works against dwarves. Also, you should prevent it from being worn by the ring-bearer.

Minion • Orc
Lurker.
Each time a Moria Orc wins a skirmish, you may exert Great Goblin to make a Moria Orc fierce until the regroup phase (and damage +1 if that Orc bears a weapon or is Great Goblin).
“There in the shadows on a large flat stone sat a tremendous goblin with a huge head, and armed goblins were standing round him carrying the axes and the bent swords that they use.”

[color=blue]I like him and don’t have any changes to suggest. Balanced perfectly. Smile GP!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21 pm
Really, I can just ditto thonnas here. Nice cards! I can’t wait for the next culture to go up.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm
Thanks, guys! Have you both voted? Very Happy

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:38 pm
good, i wouldn’t use the first one because it is so specific, but it is good.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 pm
macheteman wrote:
good, i wouldn’t use the first one because it is so specific, but it is good.

Understood, but keep in mind that Lasting Alliances is chock full of Dwarves. There’s no less than 18 Dwarves in the set. Mr. Green

Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
7Gundabad Vanguard Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 13
Vitality: 4
Site: 5
Fierce.
To play, spot 2 Moria minions and a threat.
When you play this minion, you may play a Moria Orc or Moria weapon from your discard pile.
“...they came on like a tide in fury and disorder.”

Similar to Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps. It has its advantages over the other, though, so I think that it is fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Banner of the Mountains Moria
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Moria Orc.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat for each site you control.
“Their banners were countless, black and red....”

Since it is primarily for splash, it’s pretty cool. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
6Azog, King of Moria Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 12
Lurker. Fierce.
Each Dwarf is strength -1 (or -2 if you control any site 4).
Each time Azog wins a skirmish, you may discard a Moria Orc to take control of a site.
“‘If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them. Go and tell them so! But if his family wish to know who is now king here, the name is written on his face. I wrote it! I killed him! I am the master!’”

Love how you’re incorporating site control with Moria. It is something that I’ve always thought would be appropriate for them. The only thing I recommend is perhaps increasing the strength to 13. I love this card as is, though, and I won’t be heartbroken if you don’t.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
6Azog, Full of Guile Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Fierce. Hunter 2.
Each unwounded Moria Orc skirmishing a Dwarf is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Azog twice and take an unwounded Moria Orc into hand to take control of a site.
“‘What? Yet another beggar at my doors? Must I brand you too?’”

I think it should be worded as: "Exert Azog twice and return an unwounded Moria Orc to your card..." I could be wrong, but this seems more appropriate.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Dragoon Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site: 5
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
“These were the swiftest wolf-riders....”

I’d give it hunter 1. Very Happy

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Great Bat Moria
Follower
Strength +2
Aid2.
Skirmish: Transfer this to your support area to wound a companion bearer is skirmishing (and remove a threat if that companion was not already wounded).
“...while still the great bats swirled about the heads and ears of elves and men, or fastened vampire-like on the stricken.”

Shouldn’t it add a threat instead of removing them?

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 A Pang of Fear and Loss Moria
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot a Moria minion to add a burden or 2 threats.
“Yes, they saw him. Whether it was an accident, or a last trick of the ring before it took a new master, it was not on his finger.... forgetting even to draw his sword he struck his hands into his pockets. And there was the ring still, in his left pocket, and it slipped on his finger.”

Not really Moria-esque. Perhaps tie it in with the Moria site control instead; I rather liked that strategy.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response
If you capture any number of Free Peoples characters, exert your Moria Orc to play any possessions on those characters on your Moria Orcs; those possessions lose all game text and are returned to their owner at the end of the game.
“...and there were all the baggages and packages lying broken open, and being rummaged by goblins, and smelt by goblins, and fingered by goblins, and quarreled over by goblins.”

Reminds me of a card I tried in Ambush at Amon Hen. Very cool! GP

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition

Sweet! though it should be worded as: "Skirmish: Exert a Moria minion to transfer this condition to a Dwarf in its skirmish." This fits cards already in existence, such as Lost in the Woods.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Orc
Lurker.

Awesome, Dáin. I’d give him hunter 1, though. You definitely need to make a Goblin-town site that deals with him. You’ve done an excellent job with the Moria culture! Homage
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition

Neat. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Orc
Lurker.

Awesome! GP
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards