LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:01 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dáin’s DC Duos #122

Well reviews have come in, so here’s more cards! Very Happy

First we have a somewhat bland but still very necessary minion, the first "wolf-rider" we’ve seen since Goblin Rider. Then we have something a bit ...different. You’ll have to scroll down and see for yourself! Smile Enjoy!

2 Goblin Dragoon Moria
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site: 5
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.
“These were the swiftest wolf-riders....”

1 Great Bat Moria
Follower
Strength +2
Aid2.
Skirmish: Transfer this to your support area to wound a companion bearer is skirmishing (and remove a threat if that companion was not already wounded).
“...while still the great bats swirled about the heads and ears of elves and men, or fastened vampire-like on the stricken.”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:16 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #122

Well reviews have come in, so here’s more cards! Very Happy

First we have a somewhat bland but still very necessary minion, the first "wolf-rider" we’ve seen since Goblin Rider. Then we have something a bit ...different. You’ll have to scroll down and see for yourself! Smile Enjoy!

2 Goblin Dragoon Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may discard a Moria card from hand to play a Moria mount on it from your draw deck.

cool, solid.

1 Great Bat Moria
Follower
Strength +2
Aid2.
Skirmish: Transfer this to your support area to wound a companion bearer is skirmishing (and remove a threat if that companion was not already wounded).
“...while still the great bats swirled about the heads and ears of elves and men, or fastened vampire-like on the stricken.”

heheh. i like it.

good batch of cards. now if you could make cookies as good as you make DC’s...

-mm
Last edited by macheteman on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:08 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Goblin Dragoon Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.

Cool! Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Great Bat Moria
Follower
Strength +2
Aid2.

Sweet! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 am
Dáin’s DC Duos #123

Only two more Duos and Moria is done. Bittersweet, as always. I always feel ready to move on to the next culture, but a little sad to be leaving another one just as folks are starting to really like it.

Ah well. On with the show!

A couple of response events for now, and then we’ll close it out with a couple minions once these get reviews. Enjoy!

1 A Pang of Fear and Loss Moria
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot a Moria minion to add a burden or 2 threats.
“Yes, they saw him. Whether it was an accident, or a last trick of the ring before it took a new master, it was not on his finger.... forgetting even to draw his sword he struck his hands into his pockets. And there was the ring still, in his left pocket, and it slipped on his finger.”

Several Shadow cultures have a "when the Ring-bearer puts on the Ring" card (or several), as we’ve already discussed. As you can see, Moria is no exception. This makes Gollum (and his many Ring-wearing-manipulation cards) a good Moria splash...just like when he hung out near the goblins in The Hobbit. Very Happy

1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response
If you capture any number of Free Peoples characters, exert your Moria Orc to play any possessions on those characters on your Moria Orcs; those possessions lose all game text and are returned to their owner at the end of the game.
“...and there were all the baggages and packages lying broken open, and being rummaged by goblins, and smelt by goblins, and fingered by goblins, and quarreled over by goblins.”

Normally, possessions (and any other cards) on characters get discarded when they are captured (as if that character was killed). This allows you to do something a little...different. Twisted Evil Possibly one of the most powerful cards Moria has at its disposal, and makes splashing a couple goblins in with other capturing Shadow cultures a not-so-bad idea.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:52 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Response
If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, spot a Moria minion to add a burden or 2 threats.
“Yes, they saw him. Whether it was an accident, or a last trick of the ring before it took a new master, it was not on his finger.... forgetting even to draw his sword he struck his hands into his pockets. And there was the ring still, in his left pocket, and it slipped on his finger.”

I would drop the cost to 0; cool card! Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response
If you capture any number of Free Peoples characters, exert your Moria Orc to take any possessions on those characters into your hand.
“...and there were all the baggages and packages lying broken open, and being rummaged by goblins, and smelt by goblins, and fingered by goblins, and quarreled over by goblins.”

Awesome! Applause
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #122
2 Goblin Dragoon Moria
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
works for me

1 Great Bat Moria
Follower
Strength +2
Aid2.

I guess it works. good job Thumbs Up
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #123
Event • Response
simple nice.

1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response
If you capture any number of Free Peoples characters, exert your Moria Orc to take any possessions on those characters into your hand.

I really don’t like the idea of you using your opponents cards, especially taking them into your hand. maybe disregard are spotting and playing requirements and toss them on your goblins instead? IDK.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:21 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response

I really don’t like the idea of you using your opponents cards, especially taking them into your hand. maybe disregard are spotting and playing requirements and toss them on your goblins instead? IDK.

Yeah, I’d thought about that, but it’s difficult to pull it off.

Maybe do this?

1 Spoils Moria
Event • Response
If you capture any number of Free Peoples characters, exert your Moria Orc to play any possessions on those characters on your Moria Orcs; those possessions lose all game text and are returned to their owner at the end of the game.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:22 pm
yeah I like that idea better.
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm
Cool. I changed it. Now they still get any bonuses from those possessions...at least strength and vitality. I would think any resistance bonuses would be ignored, yes?

Thanks! GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards