LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Orkish Cavalry?

5 (best)  
91%
  [ 11 ]  91%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:27 pm

Wow!!!

This makes a great combo with Orkish Traveler and Threatening Warg, especially if you have multiple copies of him.

And then his assignment ability is pretty good, especially since it can work against some of the stronger RBs (Gimli, Isildur, Gandalf, & Boromir).

Orkish Cavalry definitely gets a 5 from me.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
THAT HAS GOTTA BE THE SWEETEST PIC EVER! anyway, as AC said great card, not mistakes I can see, cool lore, and nice abilities.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:49 pm
He’s nice, but his self-exerting text hurts. It runs him out of vitality to wound companions. Still, vs an exhausted Durin III, you get one use out of him. I give him a 5, however, because of his card drawing. And if this Orc strategy revolves around twilight tokens, maybe they’ll be some way to generate twilight.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm
NBarden wrote:
He’s nice, but his self-exerting text hurts. It runs him out of vitality to wound companions.

Hmm... how so? It’s not like he’ll be needing his vitality for anything else, since he doesn’t have Scouting Orc’s ability.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:14 am
Holy hand extension, Batman! Shocked

That’s just an amazing card. Shadow-phase card-drawing could prove very nice for the new Orc warg decktype, relying as it does on putting two-card combos together. And the assignment ability will wreak havoc when combined with cards like Scouting Orc and Relentless Warg.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
zli_deda
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:32 am
deciphers going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 am
And they complained about the bustedness of moria’s hand extension and twilight adding. As soon as I saw this card, particularly in conjunction with the twilight adding cards, I instantly thought of old school moria. I guess D has the philosophy of "why invent new busted strategies, when they can re-invent old busted strategies!"
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
"and then X-list them accordingly" yeah that is getting kinda annoying.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm
Mount him up and corrupt Isildur accordingly with Goblin Hordes. Or exhaust the fellowship. I could see him going in a retribution style deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gate Troll
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Awesome new warg card; it draws more cards, always a good thing
and it also has a pretty good assignment ability. I give it a 5.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion