LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:20 pm
how about: Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to discard a possession born by a character in that skirmish to make an [orc] minion strength +X, where X is the strength bonus of the weapon discarded.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Today we begin the second half of the Orc culture. Like some of the Orc culture’s ancestors, this half of Sauron’s lackeys deals primarily with bearing possessions. Sub-strategies still include dwelling in the darkness of underground sites and even more Orc cultural tokens! Smile

---

3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove 1 to play an Orc possession on this minion from your discard pile.
Long have the goblins enjoyed the spoils of Balin’s halls.

Why would I use this over Scavenging Goblins?

----

2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Bearer is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish (or strength +2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
"Some of the swords were crooked: orc-scimitars with blackened blades."

Nice. You need to design a remake of the Goblin Scimitar as well...

----

3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to transfer a possession borne by a character in that skirmish to one of your Orc minions. Your minion gains all strength bonuses from that possession.

So, by winning a skirmish, you get rid of a possession and give your Orc a pump. Can you say, broken?

---

I’m not sure if the last card will work. I might have to include something about treating it as a Shadow possession.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Today we begin the second half of the Orc culture. Like some of the Orc culture’s ancestors, this half of Sauron’s lackeys deals primarily with bearing possessions. Sub-strategies still include dwelling in the darkness of underground sites and even more Orc cultural tokens! Smile

---

3 Plundering Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 8
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove 1 to play an Orc possession on this minion from your discard pile.
Long have the goblins enjoyed the spoils of Balin’s halls.
if you want to make it slightly better, make it just play an orc possession.
----

2 Blackened Blade Orc
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be an Orc minion.
Bearer is strength +1 for each wound on each character in its skirmish (or strength +2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).
"Some of the swords were crooked: orc-scimitars with blackened blades."
make it only cost 1 IMO
----

3 •Spoils of Moria Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc minion.
Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to transfer a possession borne by a character in that skirmish to one of your Orc minions. Your minion gains all strength bonuses from that possession.
I don’t think you need to say he gains the strength bonuses. you might need to say it is treated as of his culture.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 pm
macheteman wrote:
how about: Each time an Orc minion wins a skirmish, you may exert that minion to discard a possession born by a character in that skirmish to make an [orc] minion strength +X, where X is the strength bonus of the weapon discarded.

-macheteman

That would work, but it defeats the purpose of ’gaining’ the weapon. I’d really like some more input before I move on to today’s cards. This could be what I go with, however. I’ll have to think on it.
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:56 pm
Still deliberating on Spoils of Moria, so there’s still plenty of time to leave your feedback on it, should you have any. I’m going to recap the Orc culture once it is finished before I move on to the next culture, explaining some of the new, interesting strategies that I’ve created. Smile

----

4Goblin Commander Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
While this minion bears a possession, each Orc minion gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).

----

2 Covetous Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Hunter 1.
While you can spot 3 possessions, this minion is strength +2 (or strength +4 and fierce if the fellowship is at an underground site).

----

0 Plundered by the Goblins Orc
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Orc minion and discard a possession borne by that minion to play another possession on it from your discard pile.
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:09 pm
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Still deliberating on Spoils of Moria, so there’s still plenty of time to leave your feedback on it, should you have any. I’m going to recap the Orc culture once it is finished before I move on to the next culture, explaining some of the new, interesting strategies that I’ve created. Smile

----

4Goblin Commander Orc
Minion • Orc
While this minion bears a possession, each Orc minion gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if the fellowship is at an underground site).

good.
----

2 Covetous Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 5
Hunter 1.
While you can spot a possession, this minion is strength +2 (or strength +4 and fierce if the fellowship is at an underground site).

i would make it cost 3 and have a base strength of 6. it seems just a little too undercosted.
----

1 Plundered by the Goblins Orc
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Orc minion and discard a possession borne by that minion to play another possession on it from your discard pile.

interesting, well balanced.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Mouth of Saruman wrote:

----

4Goblin Commander Orc
Minion • Orc

Nice card there, although it’s fairly powerful. Imagine having a horde of troll hunters!

3 Covetous Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Hunter 1.
While you can spot a possession, this minion is strength +2 (or strength +4 and fierce if the fellowship is at an underground site).

Hmm...I like it. Very nice.

Event • Skirmish
Interesting...reminds me a little of Plundered Armories. Intended? I’m not sure why you’d want to discard one possession to play another, though.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:24 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Interesting...reminds me a little of Plundered Armories. Intended? I’m not sure why you’d want to discard one possession to play another, though.

Imagine this scenario. Your Covetous Goblin, bearing a Mordor Scimitar, is assigned to a skirmish. Per the Scimitar’s text, the companion in that skirmish must exert. Here’s where the fun part comes in; play Plundered by the Goblins to discard your Mordor Scimitar and play a Blackened Blade on that minion. Suddenly, you have the possibility of a 15 strength minion! Very Happy
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:50 am
Mouth of Saruman wrote:
4Goblin Commander Orc
Minion • Orc

Cool, no complaints.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
3 Covetous Goblin Orc
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Hunter 1.

Well, you can almost always spot a possession, especially if you are running an Orc possession deck. I would go back to the old stats (2/5/2/4), and change it to spotting 3 possessions.

Mouth of Saruman wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Nice. To make it more usable though, I would drop the cost to 0 or allow the possession to be played on any Orc minion, instead of just the minion that was bearing the 1st possession.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:04 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I was going to give a full review, but then I realized I agree with all that AC said. Razz So yeah...follow his suggestions and I’ll be a happy man too.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards